Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage increase

(PSN)DaWhiteLight3

Question

I was playing index with some players today and expected that I was the least experienced of them. What I did not expect was that it took me 2 minutes to kill one enemy in the index, while it took my teammates 10 seconds or less. I prefer melee and believe myself to be pro at it but I can't work with killing one enemy every 2 minutes. Is there a good way for me to increase my dmg by a lot or do I need to wait a bit until I reach other planets? I am currently equipped with boltor, dex furis, and dual skanas, but I can switch to the dual heat swords at any time. The mods I equipped are supposed to increase my damage but it is not working so far, any good tips or am I just impatient?

12 answers to this question

dual skana are ok, as is even the bo, the core issue here is always mods, mod ranks and the elemental combinations, as someone else mentioned, a quick show and tell of a current setup would help as well as.

Instead of going to the trouble of showing screenshots etc you could just throw your current setup into a site like - https://tennoware.com/meleeweapons/dual skana

I found the Orthos Prime surprisingly powerful for a beginner-intermediate like I was at the time.

It's strong, it's fast and has a great reach. For a while I didn't even potato'ed it, it was strong enough already!

And it's quite cheap: like 10-15 plat on Warframe.Market.

(I know, everybody would like to get anything for free... but with a 75% discount, 15 plat is like 15 cent... Or you can sell mods and Prime parts for easy plat)

2 hours ago, Pulsar63 said:

I found the Orthos Prime surprisingly powerful for a beginner-intermediate like I was at the time.

Mind, Update 26 raised the Orthos Prime Mastery Rank requirement from 2 to 12
(and massively increased its Crit & Status values along with the general Melee damage buffs).

It's quite possibly the best Polearm now, which however did come at the cost of not really being "beginner" accessible anymore, alas.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (PS4)DaWhiteLight3 said:

I was playing index with some players today and expected that I was the least experienced of them. What I did not expect was that it took me 2 minutes to kill one enemy in the index, while it took my teammates 10 seconds or less. I prefer melee and believe myself to be pro at it but I can't work with killing one enemy every 2 minutes. Is there a good way for me to increase my dmg by a lot or do I need to wait a bit until I reach other planets? I am currently equipped with boltor, dex furis, and dual skanas, but I can switch to the dual heat swords at any time. The mods I equipped are supposed to increase my damage but it is not working so far, any good tips or am I just impatient?

Not sure of mastery requirements or what you have unlocked (or some spellings) but i hope this is of some help. 

In the index mod weapons for radiation and i also mod for crit.

Weapons I would use if restricted by mastery or just having things unlocked are Hek, Vectis, aklex, lex prime, kitgun catchmoon or any kitgun really. Zaw mewan built as pole/staff sepfhan as nikana or pole or zaw to taste.

Try and carry atleast one lifesteal weapon, (mods) life strike, healing return, winds of puraty (furis augment) as when you start picking up points the debuff might make health a problem.

dual skana can be made good but you dont have access to mods that would make them so. 
if you are low level and end up in index, focus on cc would be my advice - nidus works good, same with nezha and rhino. 

why cc - other players can make up for your loss in dmg output, but at least the enemies are nicely kept in one place

If you want to kill quickly, get a good crit weapon and put toxin damage on it. Toxin ignores shields which all of the Index mobs have.

If you want to kill reliably without dying, get a good status weapon and put crowd control status effects on it; heat, electricity, impact and electricity, or impact and heat. Heat will deal extra damage over time but electricity deals extra damage against most Index enemies.

In general melee doesn't as well in the Index as it does in normal missions, especially against the Bursa or the several robots that use a lot of close range AoE.

• Like 1