Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Kitguns should be more diverse than Secondary Kitguns

LordDimenzio

Hello everyone,

so when Primary Kitguns were announced I was hyped because I already liked the Zaw system but I also started to have doubts, because although the Secondary Kitguns were good, they lacked some diversity and I fear that this will also carry over to primary Kitguns.

With Zaws we got the option to choose between a long or short grip, basically giving each Zaw head 2 diffrent base final outcomes + some stat variations.

Kitguns on the other hand always had the same base final outcome with stat variations, no major changes in what/how they fire. Its understandable, we don't have many special main secondary types, but I hope DE changes that with the Primary Kitguns.

DE should use a similiar system to the Zaws with the Primary Kitguns, meaning we would have 2 main types of "gun-bases". One would be based on regular rifles and would use regular rifle/shotgun ammo, while the other "gun-base" would be "special", meaning it would use the sniper ammo packs instead of the regular ones and those primary Kitguns would change things up.

How would the regular Primary Kitguns be:

- Tombfinger: Semi-Automatic rifle with splash damage

- Rattleguts: Automatic rifle with hitscan

- Gaze: Continuous Beam weapon

- Catchmoon: Arca-Plasmor-like shotgun

Now, the "special-type" rifles could be somthing like this:

- Tombfinger: Barrel will be aligned horizontal instead of vertical, so it would look like a M99 for example and would be become a hitscan plasma sniper rifle

- Rattleguts: This thing could be something like a remote-detonated Needler. The projectiles would get stuck in enemies and the terrain and the can be detonated.

- Gaze: Realistically it could be something like the Opticor or the secondary fire of Battacor, meanign a charged based beam. On the other hand a plasma rocket launcher would be a cooler end product

- Catchmoon: Plasma grenade launcher

Here is hoping that DE will make more with Primary Kitguns other than just giving the secondary Kitguns primary mods.

• Like 4

well we'd want Lunchers, flamers, shotguns added in too. If its just 'the same kitguns you alrady have, in a differnt slot' I'm not sure I see the point to be honest. I mean, a kitgun is already as much gun as you need in moast content, what will primaries add except bigger numbers?

• Like 3

And if they're OP on release I'd recommend waiting for the inevitable nerf before investing a bunch of forma in it. Otherwise we'll have to endure another video of Pablo telling us what a great guy he is, and how his Mother loves him, and how we shouldn't hurt him too bad. 😜

• Like 1

Id like to see there be more variety. like the chamber determines what kind of shot it is still, but the grip determines if its a sniper, shotgun, rifle, maybe some cool unique loaders in there too.

so if you put a sniper loader with a catchmoon, maybe the disc it shoots out is really small, but has a super fast travel speed.

a gaze shotgun shoots beams out in a cone or something like that.

Some variety would be a good idea for primary kit guns.

Definitely agree that each weapon part behaving differently in a primary would be nice. Alt fire would be neat too. 

It will add to the build cost, but maybe combining two different shooty parts (I forget what they’re called) into something new might be cool. Maybe there could be a cheap “combo” blueprint that uses two other blueprints as materials. 

4 hours ago, Neoriek said:

You know what i would really like? more chambers and pax arcanes.

^this. considering that DE haven't mentioned anything about primary Kitguns, it may be getting revised, or they simply haven't had chance due to current priorities like the recent revisions and the upcoming Scarlet Spear. I'd love for some new unique chambers instead of just rehashing the old ones.

• Like 1

How many different rifle shots are there in the game? We have single shot semi auto, rapid fire burst, full auto, pellet base shotguns style, beam type shots by holding the trigger, and AOE launchers. I prefer kitgun to just be as they are. Varying stats base on the player needs. Leave the uniqueness to new guns DE decide to create for more mastery fodder.

tl;dr; don't expect much from the power level of primary modular weapons as self contained weapons if you have already good primaries.

The issue with modular weapons is that they kind of sux now for minmaxers. Some of them(like Tombfinger) work ok with raw damage builds but you can't have a zaw or a kitgun compete with the inflated stats weapons have around right now, wich was notoriously not the case for zaws(zaws were able to hit the breakpoints that made melees OP + having their arcane, now they just can't compete with some specific weapon and not only 1 or 2 niche ones more like 5-15 melee that completly destroy zaws). Both Zaws and Kitgun are not potentially an end game goal anymore.

So about primary kitguns I think it will be even worse. I don't think DE will risk creating things that take the seat of best for something. Imho these will be fluff weapons that have ok arcanes for your overyday mission or to support some builds, but don't expect something that will have utility and feel great in highest level missions.