Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva weapon upgrades and Lich emphermas

Educated_Beast

Question

These questions are related but let me give a little background.  I am one weapon away from owning all kuva weapons.  There are a couple I intend to bring to 60%. 

Since start, I have been focusing on radiation damage and noticed that all of the emphermas that dropped are always the same.  I am certain that the empherma the lich spawns with is based on the element he spawns with.  So, when I am upgrading my desired weapon to 60%, I plan to spawn larva with different element to collect some of the other emphermas.  However, I do not want to lose my desired element and I want to verify:

1.) If the weapon in my hand will always keep the first element (i.e. the one I forma x5 times and has radiation).  For example:

- 25% radiation kuva nukor with 5 forma and catalyst gets fused with

- 30% magnetic kuva nukor with 0 forma and no catalyst becomes

33% radiation kuva nukor with 0 forma and no catalyst.  

2.) It is impossible to both swap elements and keep forma?  If you changed mind on existing element on existing weapon that has already been forma, can element be changed without forma loss or does it requires a duplicate? 

In other words, in example above, is it possible to end with a 33% heat kuva nukor with 5 forma and catalyst instead?  

I get feeling you can swap elements, but you lose all forma invested.  

3.) If you corrupt a lich instead of killing it, will it always give you its empherma?  I know I can keep it when kill, but if convert, can I both keep empherma, and trade it?  

4.) I wanted to verify also the emphermas.  Are they related to the element chosen on weapon ?  I know I have gotten the same one for radiation many times, I'm guessing if I want heat one, I need to spawn a heat lich, correct?

5.) Do I need to finish current lich to trade for another?  If not, how do I activate the next lich?

I ask because I may want to buy a good deal when it comes along but getting rid of existing lich is time consuming.  Can I buy a couple, then somehow activate?

Edited by Educated_Beast

8 answers to this question

1) The weapon in your hand will keep whatever element is fused INTO it

2) The weapon in your hand will keep whatever potato/forma it has but will NOT keep its element, see above

3) You mean convert? Yes, you will get ephemera from converted liches. Once traded, the player receiving your lich will be able to acquire the ephemera as well.

4) The ephemera is determined by the progenitor warframe just as the weapon element is. The ephemera will be of the same element as the weapon.

TBH this is all in the wiki, bro: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich

Edited by (NSW)Quarky

You can just convert any effemera liches you get and trade for the other element ones.

That said my bramma went: fire, impact, cold, fire. Not that big a deal. 

and yes if you want to buy/trade for a lich you can’t have one active. It will instantly be active. 

Edited by Gibsonx

Being that if you traded and the new lich becomes your active, you need to pursue it just as you did acquiring one via the larveling. You still get both options to Convert or Vanquish, however, if you choose Convert (and really why would you) you will not be able to trade it. Converted Liches can only be traded once.

On 2020-03-10 at 2:53 PM, (NSW)Quarky said:

1) The weapon in your hand will keep whatever element is fused INTO it

2) The weapon in your hand will keep whatever potato/forma it has but will NOT keep its element, see above

3) You mean convert? Yes, you will get ephemera from converted liches. Once traded, the player receiving your lich will be able to acquire the ephemera as well.

4) The ephemera is determined by the progenitor warframe just as the weapon element is. The ephemera will be of the same element as the weapon.

TBH this is all in the wiki, bro: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich

Dam, misunderstood this now I have a cold bramma (was looking for empherma) and will lose my radiation bonus if I upgrade it.  Very frustrating, the forma need to merge with any weapon so we can keep the element.  Now I can either upgrade weapon % and swap to element I do not want, or keep desired element but lose 5 forma. Or, I gotta go get another radiation bramma, then stop looking for empherma.  Why DE?

We invested 5 forma, we should be able to keep it.  This is BS design.  

On 2020-03-12 at 7:59 PM, Educated_Beast said:

Dam, misunderstood this now I have a cold bramma (was looking for empherma) and will lose my radiation bonus if I upgrade it.  Very frustrating, the forma need to merge with any weapon so we can keep the element.  Now I can either upgrade weapon % and swap to element I do not want, or keep desired element but lose 5 forma. Or, I gotta go get another radiation bramma, then stop looking for empherma.  Why DE?

We invested 5 forma, we should be able to keep it.  This is BS design.  

Well, you won’t lose that 5 forma or potato. Just the element that you have will change if it’s Not the same type. Also, you Just have to level it up back to 40 because it will reset the level back to unranked BUT you will still have the 5 forma and potato you originally had on the weapon. So what you should do is farm each larva with the frame that gives you the same element until the hit 60% cap first. Then use another frame to kill the lich quickly. After that then farm for the different ephemeras because it will be time consuming unless you have a premade murmur farming with you than it’s much quicker. Just remember that you can’t have a Toxin element stay toxin if you use a weapon with Heat on it. Both weapons have to be with matching elements in order to keep your element you want. I can understand why you still misunderstood the first time but for the second time I don’t understand how you didn’t get it. So the only thing you lose if you upgrade the weapon you have right now is the element if it isn’t the same. Other than that like said before me and what I’ve said earlier is that you’ll get to keep your potato and 5formas. However, upon upgrading your weapon will reset back down to unranked an level 40 as if you just put in the last forma to hit max level. I hope you finally figured it out since this was about a month and some days ago.