Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ever had a riven you couldn't satisfy

(PSN)northern_rebal

Question

I have a rifle riven that says to catch one fish, mine one more or gem, and kill one enemy in 30 seconds.  After a half dozen or more times (my best under 15 seconds) it still isn't  satisfied. I just posted to the bug forum, but I doubt they will do anything.

So frustrated.

I have a couple of rivens I will never satisfy, like going thru an extermination mission without being detected. Anybody want to trade for something useful to me like mods or a hunting rifle? 

18 answers to this question

For the Fish,Mine,Kill are you doing it in POE or Fortuna? Is there an extra modifier you are missing like needing a dragon key or no status effects or not going down?

Exterminate without detection, unless it says solo you could get a friend to run the mission for you while you hang out at the start.

If it is Fortuna, the way I did it was I flew toward the bridge next to the lake on the left side where there is a corpus camp. I would go down to the edge of the lake and pull out my mining laser and find a gem/ore deposit. I then fished after catching a Fish, I would dash straight to the deposit I found then got in my archwing and flew towards the corpus camp. A patrol would usually spawn and then I would snipe one of them with the vectis 

Edited by strikeforce47

For the fish+mine ore/gem+kill enemy challenge, I tend to go to Orb Vallis and I hang around the roads flanked by a mountain and lake on both sides. Enemies tend to patrol there. I catch the fish first since it's the hardest part, and I always make sure to do it near a mining spot so I can dig immediately after, then I go looking for enemies to kill. Depending on luck, you might need to take a sniper. Alternatively, you can take a tank frame, aggro some enemies and eat their damage while you mine and fish (making sure you kill the ones that cause CC), and they'll be right there ready to finish your unveiling.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

I have a couple of rivens I will never satisfy, like going thru an extermination mission without being detected.

Do you have Loki, Octavia, Ivara, or Ash? Stealth frames are the most ideal for that objective. Enemies who become alerted to corpses or weapon fire won't raise the alarm, but they will if they actually spot you. They can't spot you if you're invisible.

An alternative would be to take Equinox for spamming her sleep ability.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

Undetected Exterminates are easy. Just bring any frame with invisibility and a silent weapon.

Aside from that, though, yeah. I've had my fair share of Rivens that I can't unveil. It doesn't help that my computer pretty much can't run Orb Vallis, but I'm not sure it's possible to get 12 headshot kills in a single aim glide.

I have one that sort of impossible, just because with other rivens, I can do it by myself. It's a sentinel weapon riven with challenge: "Sustain melee combo with pet present". So I need to have someone with a pet standing pretty close to me while I'm whacking a Kuva fortress cannon. 

Im on ps4.  I can pop your rivens for you.  

The fish,mine,kill one.... it sounds like your missing a modifier.  Dragon keys or doing it while invis.   Its all about prep.  You just find a pond/lake, with anore deposit and enemies nearby.  I do the fish then the rock then the enemy. 

Stealth exterminate I can help you with.  I use Ivara+komorex(hushed).  Usualy takes me 15-20minutes lol.   Ivara is bad at stealth since she cant run lol.   But im not building Loki so...  

1 hour ago, RougeMagma said:

I have one that sort of impossible, just because with other rivens, I can do it by myself. It's a sentinel weapon riven with challenge: "Sustain melee combo with pet present". So I need to have someone with a pet standing pretty close to me while I'm whacking a Kuva fortress cannon. 

What is the problem? Do you not have a pet?

If you have a pet then this riven challenge is really easy. Simply do the capture mission on earth, down the target, melee the target until the riven is unlocked, finish capture, extract.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

1 hour ago, RougeMagma said:

IIRC, it has to be your pet, not someone else's, so that wouldn't work.

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Im on ps4.  I can pop your rivens for you.  

The fish,mine,kill one.... it sounds like your missing a modifier.  Dragon keys or doing it while invis.   Its all about prep.  You just find a pond/lake, with anore deposit and enemies nearby.  I do the fish then the rock then the enemy. 

Stealth exterminate I can help you with.  I use Ivara+komorex(hushed).  Usualy takes me 15-20minutes lol.   Ivara is bad at stealth since she cant run lol.   But im not building Loki so...  

You need a MOA.  MORAs count as pets,  and can equip sentinel guns. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

What is the problem? Do you not have a pet?

If you have a pet then this riven challenge is really easy. Simply do the capture mission on earth, down the target, melee the target until the riven is unlocked, finish capture, extract.

It's a "sentinel weapon riven". It's for sentinel weapon. How are you going to bring your pet and unlock a sentinel weapon riven? A sentinel weapon riven cannot be equipped on a pet. It needs to be equipped on a sentinel weapon (i.e. artax, cryotra, etc). Can you equip a pet and a sentinel weapon at the same time? This has nothing to do with RNG.

18 minutes ago, RougeMagma said:

It's a "sentinel weapon riven". It's for sentinel weapon. How are you going to bring your pet and unlock a sentinel weapon riven? A sentinel weapon riven cannot be equipped on a pet. It needs to be equipped on a sentinel weapon (i.e. artax, cryotra, etc). Can you equip a pet and a sentinel weapon at the same time? This has nothing to do with RNG.

Moa counts as pet for riven unlocking purposes. If it is a melee sentinel riven, you can use randomizer until your Moa "catches" your Deconstructor and they get paired.

14 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

..., but I'm not sure it's possible to get 12 headshot kills in a single aim glide.

That's new. The single aim glide ones I know of have always been get 3 headshots kills in a single aim glide.

You sure your not confusing it with the getting 10,12,15 or 18 kills in a row while wall latching without touching the floor?

15 hours ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

I have a rifle riven that says to catch one fish, mine one more or gem, and kill one enemy in 30 seconds. 

So frustrated.

Go to PoE. Out of the gate go left to the little lake with the geyser. Locate a mineable item near or at the shore line but away from the geyser (and enemies). Go fish. Once a fish caught, mine the item, and then shoot the enemies that are milling around the geyser. Tip, mess up the mining bit so that you don't spend time going for the 2 or 3 dots and there for spend lots of time on it.

19 hours ago, RougeMagma said:

As others have pointed out - MOA.

This has nothing to do with RNG but a lot to do with a little understanding of the game and a little game research.

Keep up the good work.