Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I do with my plat?

EnNe21

Question

Hi, so I just sold a decent Riven for 350 plat and now I have 363 plat, but I don't know what to buy with it... got some slots already and I'm thinking about Prime Frames but I'm not sure so here I am 😄

20 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, EnNe21 said:

Hi, so I just sold a decent Riven for 350 plat and now I have 363 plat, but I don't know what to buy with it... got some slots already and I'm thinking about Prime Frames but I'm not sure so here I am 😄

I would keep some to buy slots and wait until you get a good discount coupon on login and then buy one of the frames that is a *@##$ to farm (Nidus, Grendel, etc.). Then repeat the next time you get a good coupon.

Don't waste plat on potatoes - you can get enough from Nightwave.

11 minutes ago, EnNe21 said:

The point was asking what your tips are, on what I could buy and not on if I should use it or not lol

It's your plat. If you feel you want something nice to play, buy it. Fun and great looking frame, weapon, whatever. Check prices on warframe.market before buying, though. I would probably spend like half on nice things (should get you a frame and weapon at least), rest save for now. Or not. Plat's not that hard to get enough for slots. 

If you dont need anything dont spend it. If your looking for something to spend plat on then obviously you dont need that either.

My opinion, farm and grind, maybe cosmetics, its not a lot of plat, chump change, so save it or earn more, one day you may be struggling for a part or slot.

And if you think you may not play for a while why spend it.

Cant remember when I last logged in, probably have around 10k plat? Well did have at one point, might have bought some deluxe skins with some of it.

9 hours ago, RougeMagma said:

Go for it and buy. It's your plat. Slots cannot be farmed. Plats only.

Slots are normally in nightwave, so can be farmed if only very slowly.

As for my advice as to what to spend it on... I wouldn't. 300 to 400 plat isn't a lot when some warframe bundles cost 600+ and 30 day boosters are 200p each... Theres 4 of them and you can't buy 2 of them. 

Just play the game and have it there for when you need it. If you really want to just blow some then personally i would buy some veiled rivens to crack. It might be a total waste or you might get a meta g'roll. Either way its fun to do and no more of a waste than a frame you might not play much or cosmetics you might not wear. Colour pallets are something to consider. 

If you really want a vaulted frame or weapon then first make sure its one you do want, find out its value, if its due to be nurfed/buffed/unvaulted etc and don't overpay.

1 hour ago, (XB1)OdinAsteroid said:

Buy cool fashion stuff. Maybe a Syandana. This will earn you some respect from high MR players.

ROFL

MR players are just people that spend lots of time in the game ranking stuff up. It's neither a proof of knowledge nor skill.

Fashion framing : beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or in other words, what you might think looks cool and nice doesn't mean that everyone will share your opinion on it and neither will it earn you respect or admiration from anyone. The only thing it demonstrates is that you either had plat to burn or in case you're new to the game, that you wasted your plat on looking pretty.

Buying veiled rivens is good advice, if you like to gamble.

Spending it on slots, be it warframe, load out, companion, archwing, riven or weapon ones is also a good thing

Using it to buy a difficult to get a warframe can help you prevent burning out, just make sure it's something that you'll intend to use. Best is to wait until you have a coupon tho'.

Main thing, don't just spend it wildly because 360 plat is nice but can be spend in a heartbeat. to give you perspective : a zero roll trash riven for some of the major sought after weapons start at 500p

PS: I'm MR28 and yes, I own most colour packages, a fair amount of deluxe skins, syandana's and sugatra's. The only reason i have a good chunk of cosmetics is because there's nothing better to spend my plat on having 'mastered' every single available warframe and every weapon except for some Kuva Lich ones.

Save the plat for Orokin reactors and Catalysts for the frames and weapons that you decide to keep. also for additional slots for the frames and weapons. 

The frames and weapons themselves you will begin to rack up faster than you expect, in game. I'm not particularly good at this game (Love it though), and I've  got one version or another of almost every frame, and several weapons I like. 

The potatoes and slots become valuable real quick, trust me. 

Edited by DarthTygg