Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lvl 155 bombard exisimus vs kuva nukor (riven?)

Venus-Venera

Question

hey, i play 5 months after 5 years break. so i dont know all secrets.

finally got an other kuva nukor with heat damage to upgrade.

do you have any tips for kuva nukor riven? atm i got 214% dmg + 95,5% toxic riven. i bet there is room to improve.

with pistol amp aura and lvl 5 arcane velocity this thing melt already groups of lvl 155 bombard exisimus in 2-3 sec

1.jpg

Edited by Battle.Mage

10 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

do you have any tips for kuva nukor riven? atm i got 214% dmg + 95,5% toxic riven

That should do more than fine, really.

I'd change some stuff about your build tho, not least removing Magnum Force and friggin' Pistol Amp,
you already have two sources of +Base Damage so MF gives quite dimished results,
and "Amp" Auras are generally quite meh (it's not a total damage multiplier but rather yet another [weak] source of +Base Damage).

Replace these Mods with Primed Target Cracker and ... dunno, maybe just good ol' CP, Growing Power, or whatever.

If farming for another Nukor is in the cards, I'd suggest going for a Toxin one (to fuse into your Heat one),
with that you'd have plenty Viral from innate Toxin + Frostbite + your Riven,
and could then add Primed Heated Charge (in place of Deep Freeze) to get some significant Heat action going.

• Like 1

FjeHf.jpg

4 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

hey, i play 5 months after 5 years break. so i dont know all secrets.

finally got an other kuva nukor with heat damage to upgrade.

do you have any tips for kuva nukor riven? atm i got 214% dmg + 95,5% toxic riven. i bet there is room to improve.

with pistol amp aura and lvl 5 arcane velocity this thing melt already groups of lvl 155 bombard exisimus in 2-3 sec

1.jpg

A few advices, not simply to your riven but for overall builidning.

• Never use more than one base damage source, it's a big waste of slot(and never use Pistol Amp too).
  • When you mod for crit, go for all or nothing. So here, use Primed Pistol Gambit + Primed Target Cracker or none.
  • When using multiple elemental mods on a weapon with good base status, always go for status rather than higher damage and maximise the status distribution toward the DoT if you have one (heat here).
  • On Nukor specifically, try to get status (chance and/or duration), multishot, or punch through. Toxin mods are good if playing Saryn or modding for gas. But it's not the case here I think.

Overall, you would need to go for : Hornet Strike, Barrel DIffusion, Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed Target Cracker, Lethal Torrent, Frostbite, Pistol Pestilence and your Riven with the stats above. If you keep your Riven as it is (which I don't recommand), you can follow what @NinjaZeku and put Heated Charge instead of Deep Freeze to get a stronger heat damage output.

5 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

• Never use more than one base damage source, it's a big waste of slot(and never use Pistol Amp too).

You should really stop perpetuating this in a game where enemies can negatively scale damage modification and ignore status at whim, because nothing about it is factual.

Edited by -Kittens-

9 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Never use more than one base damage source, it's a big waste of slot

Strongly disagree, you shouldn't just stack the same damage multiplier while ignoring others, sure,
but getting over +400% Base Damage from just two Mods, that's gonna be a significant boost, and certainly not a waste.

On Nukor specifically, try to get [...] multishot

Why? It's not like on "regular" weapons where you get more projectiles and thus possibly Status procs per shot.

On Beam weapons, Multishot kinda acts like Base Damage, your shots just do more damage, except it only works X% of the time.

When using multiple elemental mods on a weapon with good base status, always go for status rather than higher damage

There's a point where enough is too much enough, e.g. Viral procs can only stack so often, after that, you'd be better served by higher damage.

and maximise the status distribution toward the DoT if you have one (heat here)

YMMV but I'd rather get more Viral procs on the enemy sooner rather than later,
a single Heat proc for instant halved Armor is plenty, any further ones are "just" a welcome bonus.

Toxin mods are good if playing Saryn

Why mention her specifically? That's kind of a point you'd need to expand on, methinks.

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 2

Il y a 9 heures, -Kittens- a dit :

You should really stop perpetuating this in a game where enemies can negatively scale damage modification and ignore status at whim, because nothing about it is factual.

Il y a 5 heures, NinjaZeku a dit :

Strongly disagree, you shouldn't just stack the same damage multiplier while ignoring others, sure,
but getting over +400% Base Damage from just two Mods, that's gonna be a significant boost, and certainly not a waste.

Yeah, getting +400% sounds good.
However, you're getting two additives +220% +180%. That second mod mean you're adding 180 on top of 320, which is only a 56.25% increase. Since you have only 8 slots, there is always something better you can put in place of more base damage.

On Beam weapons, Multishot kinda acts like Base Damage, your shots just do more damage, except it only works X% of the time.

Yeah that's true, and it's especially bad since there is already Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion on. Little mistake.

a point where enough is too much enough, e.g. Viral procs can only stack so often, after that, you'd be better served by higher damage.

YMMV but I'd rather get more Viral procs on the enemy sooner rather than later,
a single Heat proc for instant halved Armor is plenty, any further ones are "just" a welcome bonus.

Both point work together.
More status chance mean faster viral procs and if you come to a point where 10 procs happen "too soon" for you, but here it's not the case. With the current setup you roughly get 6 procs per second, which mean you need 2s to get full viral effect which is definitely too long.
And if you mod for heat on top of that, you get a decent damage buff affected by damage, multishot, crit, and and status chance, all multiplicative so it let you maximise the use of your mod slots.

So here, you just want to get as much status as you can with viral (both status mods) + heat.

Why mention her specifically? That's kind of a point you'd need to expand on, methinks.

I mention Saryn because she is one of the very rare warframes that need specific modding to make best use of her powers. A bit like Chroma Vex Armor and Octavia Amp get very little benefit of +damage mods, Saryn really benefit from +toxin mods due to how Toxic Lash interact with them.

Saryn is very unique in this position because she is the only warframe that get elemental damage that don't combine and get benefit from toxin mods like this regardless of the final element, which may affect the Riven stats you're looking for.
I don't mention Chroma because, since you don't want +damage anyways on a Riven, it will affect your modding but not your Riven.

• Like 1

Hi there, this is a build that I would suggest and there are a few parts that you can substitute out. For example, you could substitute out the Primed Pistol Gambit for Punchthrough or Heat if you use Harrow, Adarza Kavat or Arcane Avenger to give you your crit buffs, I personally find that the raw damage from pure corrosive to be an effective choice although the AOE cc from Heat and Radiation is an excellent choice. My riven for the Nukor is +Damage +Status Chance.
unknown.pngScreenshot_20200311-100002.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zekken159 said:

Hi there, this is a build that I would suggest and there are a few parts that you can substitute out. For example, you could substitute out the Primed Pistol Gambit for Punchthrough or Heat if you use Harrow, Adarza Kavat or Arcane Avenger to give you your crit buffs, I personally find that the raw damage from pure corrosive to be an effective choice although the AOE cc from Heat and Radiation is an excellent choice. My riven for the Nukor is +Damage +Status Chance.
unknown.pngScreenshot_20200311-100002.png

I have the almost exact same riven except the damage is higher by 2 or 3% and the status chance is slight lower by the same. 

1 hour ago, Battle.Mage said:

can you post screenshot fo your mesa pistols build btw.?

i replaced attack speed with heat after patch. so i deal now viral+heat with them

I'd assume they're looking pretty much like mine now then,
not in game / the mood to take a screenshot right now, but here goes:

Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent
Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed Target Cracker
Pathogen Rounds, Frostbite, Primed Heated Charge

Might not be the absolute non-plus-ultra or anything, just works more than well enough for me 😛

Mind, for e.g. Sortie Ambulas (Status immune DE why), I go for raw Radiation and +Fire Rate.

• Like 1