Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Keep Nezha Prime Aesthetically Similar

cookieknife

So this'll be short, and probably unread, but if it does.

Please keep Nezha Prime skinny and aesthetically similar to the original.

Obviously Ivara Prime looks cool, but I felt it strayed a bit too far from the original design, which resembled a tree frog and the new one's jelly fish themed? I feel like the skirt is a bit too much and would be cool if it was an auxiliary slot.

Another design I appreciate but felt mildly disappointed by was the Oberon Prime design, I felt it strayed from an organic goat Stag theme to a mechanical bull theme, I'm not saying I don't enjoy the helmet, because I do! But the detached mechanical gear look of his tunic, versus the attached blended metallic organic look...

Thanks!

Edited by cookieknife
  • Like 7

There's oddly another topic down in the depths of past pages from maybe a month ago asking for the exact opposite, that Nezha bulk up for his Prime. 

Nezha was my first real main, and I love his kinetic twink energy, so I agree entirely. We have a beefy Nezha option in the Deluxe.

That said, I actually think Ivara was a very good Prime design. She did move from tree frog to jellyfish, but in a creative way that drew on features that were already in there and put a new twist on them, with a neat connection to those sculptures we've been collecting all this time that does good things for Orokin lore. Goat to bull seemed like an okay step too, as much as I really just don't like the fairly flat and chunky design of Oberon Prime. I had similar feelings, though, about Wukong - I felt his Prime really only downplayed the key features of the original without adding much in their place. I don't mind it in the sense that I actually like the new design more, but it's a bit generic compared to what it could have been. 

• Like 1

*sweats because of liking Oberon Prime's appearance* 

I use the Taurus helmet on Oberon so I may not be too popular here, but the thing I really like is his color scheme of gray, white, and black. With gold bits because prime. Most every helmet has horns to keep his natural Stag aesthetic, not goat btw. The Prime of any frame will take a few liberties with the design but as far as I can tell most Warframes are pretty faithful to their original look. His overall tunic and skinny limb appearance stayed from regular Oberon too. 

Anyway back on topic, Nezha Prime could maintain the same skinny look but have more stuff on so he looks a bit bigger while still having a skinny frame. His appearance is also a bit misleading since he's so skinny but in actuality plays like a faster Rhino. So maybe more of an armored look but while keeping a lithe form. 

• Like 1

Having just watched the movie Ne Zha I kind of like the aesthetic they've given the 'grown up' version of nezha, so I wouldn't mind seeing a warframe with a similar direction. 

Having said that, the way some of the skins/primes have been going of late we're going to get whatever they feel like giving us even if it goes against the 'rules' they'd set in place with tennogen where the skins need to feel like they're from warframe.... some of the recent ones don't feel like they're from 'warframe'

• Like 1

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

No, let DE do what they do best: Make their designs properly without interfering in the process.

Its almost flattering that you think we here in this thread have any chance whatsoever of influencing DE.

Personally, I've already prepared my heart for Nezha Prime being themed around bicycles or grapes or somesuch.

• Like 3

I find creating outfits that look similar.. is pointless. If I do not like outfit A and outfit B is similar, I would not use it either. I much rather each outfit look completely different so I can play in which ever atheistic I prefer. I do not look how Nezha look and all the outfits look the same or very similar. And if Nezha prime looks similar, I would not bother getting him or playing him.

Edited by (PS4)thegarada

I dont think you have anything to worry about, prime design follow closely to the image and theme of the original, the deluxe skins are the ones that tend to differ, they are sure to follow the iconic boy look for Nezha.

As for the appearance of Oberon, it makes sense, they pitched Oberon as a paladin a protector, it has sort of a knightly theme, so those are not gears but battlements, that is why the deluxe took on the nature theme so strongly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I find creating outfits that look similar.. is pointless. If I do not like outfit A and outfit B is similar, I would not use it either. I much rather each outfit look completely different so I can play in which ever atheistic I prefer. I do not look how Nezha look and all the outfits look the same or very similar. And if Nezha prime looks similar, I would not bother getting him or playing him.

That's why going from GOAT to bull or frog to jellyfish can be a good thing. The best are Mesa going from bandit to sherriff and Hydroid going from squidman to pirate captain. So I'd hope to see Nezha similarly go from bug boy to ??? boy.

Nezha also happens to have fairly dull and bad Tennogen items, and his Deluxe is definitely not the same as his standard beyond "Chinese mythic character", but I dislike it for, well, not looking like Nezha. So yeah, other people want variety too, it's just a different kind of variety than you're talking about. I'd have been pretty disappointed if Mesa Prime came out with Hildryn's physique. 

• Like 1

I just want Nezha`s chacuram to either be small or transparent on his back, I don`t really like how big it is on his back, it looks ugly to me.

Ivara prime to me is ugly but I expected that coz I knew there`s no way that they could top her design to make her look better than the original, if the helmet was better, they got rid of the skirt and it had a different Patten, I would like her.

Oberon prime is visually a straight up disappointment, he is ugly as heck and he has downgraded from a paladin to a bull, If it was not for the ability to use the original skin on him I would say "frig Oberon"

I just hope that Nezha and the future frames won`t be as ugly as oberon, ivara and frost prime.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Famecans said:

nezha is female, male or undefined?

I see female

Warframe0008.jpg

Nezha is based off of a chinese folk lore. Don't know much about it but it's supposed to be a young man, I will be SALTED if they just make Nezha Empyrean prime, or stray away from the original design. 

Obvi as one person my opinion doesn't matter but I WISH we'd know something of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

I just want Nezha`s chacuram to either be small or transparent on his back, I don`t really like how big it is on his back, it looks ugly to me.

Ivara prime to me is ugly but I expected that coz I knew there`s no way that they could top her design to make her look better than the original, if the helmet was better, they got rid of the skirt and it had a different Patten, I would like her.

Oberon prime is visually a straight up disappointment, he is ugly as heck and he has downgraded from a paladin to a bull, If it was not for the ability to use the original skin on him I would say "frig Oberon"

I just hope that Nezha and the future frames won`t be as ugly as oberon, ivara and frost prime.

If they made his halo pure energy, or collapse it'd look a lot better, if they gave it an Indo-Chinese  type design it could look a lot better. I like Nezha's aesthetic holding true to the tenno vibe, but if they go crazy and overboard like they did with Ivara, I won't be too happy. 

19 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Yah, skinny prime please.  ( Also DE, please make sure that Lacera Prime that comes with him is much more crit capable and has a fun passive.  Thanks! 😛 )

Runny boi prime or RIOT

Honestly I can't decide between Lacera or Karyst prime. DE needs to give us a primed dagger soon af. Honestly I see Sarpa prime and possible Daikyu with Titania, but I see DE copping out and picking Magistar with the eventual nezha release bc they seem to have a heavy weapon bias 😞

Edited by cookieknife

17 hours ago, Famecans said:

nezha is female, male or undefined?

I see female

Warframe0008.jpg

Canonically a ‘male’ frame, based off a mythological Chinese deity.

The key thing to remember is that his body type is actually just based off Chinese gymnasts, who are slim, flexible and very, very strong. The long tails on his helmet are based on the flowing head decorations that deities often wore, which can and still do appear more feminine. Another thing to consider is that the more powerful you are in the Chinese folklore, the more you could do things like grow hair or fingernails out to be perfect and beautiful. Being a beautiful man was a highly sought after trait ^^

Additional Fun Fact; Nezha may look small, but he’s taller than Inaros. Though slim, Nezha is actually around 6’2”.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

That's why going from GOAT to bull or frog to jellyfish can be a good thing. The best are Mesa going from bandit to sherriff and Hydroid going from squidman to pirate captain. So I'd hope to see Nezha similarly go from bug boy to ??? boy.

Nezha also happens to have fairly dull and bad Tennogen items, and his Deluxe is definitely not the same as his standard beyond "Chinese mythic character", but I dislike it for, well, not looking like Nezha. So yeah, other people want variety too, it's just a different kind of variety than you're talking about. I'd have been pretty disappointed if Mesa Prime came out with Hildryn's physique. 

I would not expect that frames skins would look completely different. It is still the same frame. Examples where I think this is done well, is Mesa, Mag and Valkyr. The skin looks different but the physique does not change. I do not expect that Nehza prime to look like Atlas, I just do not want the skin to look like pretty similar to Nehza. I think it is a very bad idea to have skins that look very similar. It defeats the purpose of having multiple skins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cookieknife said:

Honestly I can't decide between Lacera or Karyst prime. DE needs to give us a primed dagger soon af.

I'm way more fond of whip blades, myself.  But yeah, I wouldn't complain about Karyst.  Dagger fans have been left out for way too long.

What do you think or hope the other weapon will be?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I would not expect that frames skins would look completely different. It is still the same frame. Examples where I think this is done well, is Mesa, Mag and Valkyr. The skin looks different but the physique does not change. I do not expect that Nehza prime to look like Atlas, I just do not want the skin to look like pretty similar to Nehza. I think it is a very bad idea to have skins that look very similar. It defeats the purpose of having multiple skins. 

Fair enough on the general sentiment, and I think I agree. I don't agree that Mag is an example of this, though - she's one of the older Primes, so while she gets a wholly new head that reinterprets her existing one in an interesting way, the rest of her body only gets a couple of Prime attachments, new metallics trim, and a new color channel. I.e., it's less distinct from her original than a Tennogen skin with a new head is.