Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Arm Cannon

DeltaPangaea

I don't know, The only 2 weapons that can compare to arm cannons are Shedu(really looks and behave like one, but sentient style) and Hema(it is a rifle but it draws from your own life, and as it is high end infested stuff I don't think you'll get more yolo from this faction). I think the future handcanons if there are somes will be tied to sentients or future factions around them. Goonies have decent weapons but this is not in their lore as it developped more toward a "mystique" brand with the queens(wich is good as their latests weapons are very engaging imho), Corpus may create some cyborg stuffs in the future, maybe it is what is planned for Corpus liches actually, although I think it will be more "unique", like the orbs wich are quite innovative lore construction wise, but there can be some "mecha cyborgs Brokers" or half ambulas techs whatever.

Edited by Galuf

Honestly, if we're talking about expanding weapon categories, I'm all for that. I could definitely see Sargas's flamethrower being added alongside a Corpus arm cannon with the stopping power of the Opticor. A mutated infested arm cannon would also make for an interesting tool, especially with a harpoon for the secondary fire option. Any expansion is better than dying in obscurity like the Warfan & Gunsen.

• Like 1

I wish it would be something like half a Grattler (before it was nerved into the ground). A weapon that was intended by the Grineer to be an anti air weapons against Archwings with slow projectiles and JUST 100M RANGE... DE are you serious? In POE you notice how useless this weapon is for its intended role...

The Shedu sounds like a annoying dude constanty hitting pvc pipes. I like the phallic sentient design .

Edited by CR0ME

I hope DE scraps Shedu and returns sentient arm cannon to what it was supposed to be, what was promised  to us: procedurally generated super weapon, yes it was supposed to be procedurally generated, and I mean its appearance orginal concept shown multiple different versions we could end up with.

• Like 1

I would imagine four of them:

Tenno: it would be an old arm cannon that is able to fire arcane energy capable to freeze enemies. Its main fire would be energy bullets, and an Alt-fire would be charging it for an energy bubble that vaporizes enemies.

Corpus: it would be a technologic arm cannon that acts as a flamethrower, with the ability to spew fuel and coat enemies with it, making them vulnerable to fire.

Grineer: it would be a bio tank cannon that sprays a corrosive acid, which would then violently explode if on contact with bullets. The alt-fire would be a grenade that explodes into a cloud of bacteria (which would cause viral status).

Infested: It would be a mix infested organs connected to each other (brain, stomach, lungs, liver and heart), attached and protected by blood and mucus, generating electric energy that can ricochet and home to targets. The alt-fire would make the weapon attach itself to an enemy, turning into a parasite that consumes the victim from the inside and giving the owner few health/energy back after killing its host.