Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

let me downgrade mods I can only have 1 copy of please

P._I._Staker

if I can't get a second copy of a mod ever so I can get a lower ranked version of it, please let me downgrade it so it can fit on other frame or weapon with less mod space, especially things I want to put umbral mods on.

Also, mods like amalgam serration work well for some frames, but gets to be too fast on frames with higher base move speed, rendering me unable to aim precisely whilst sprinting.

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

I see where you are going and it can be useful, but most of the problems you listed can be solved with forma.

Not so much in the case of Umbra mods. Even then, using an Umbra forma almost feels too wasteful, even for a frame you'd consider maining (which in and of itself defeats the purpose of the game - experiencing new Warframes.)

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Tyreal2012 said:

I have one copy of over extended, one - despite numerous vault runs, itd be nice to scale it back when needed.

Are you serious? You can sell other corrupted mods you get or even trade them for the one you want. Should DE use valuable time and energy over such a small issue? And that too at a time like this where so much stuff is dying to get their attention and efforts. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lion said:

Not so much in the case of Umbra mods. Even then, using an Umbra forma almost feels too wasteful, even for a frame you'd consider maining (which in and of itself defeats the purpose of the game - experiencing new Warframes.)

Truly I wish there were more ways to get Umbra Forma, which could solve this issue.

36 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

I see where you are going and it can be useful, but most of the problems you listed can be solved with forma.

There certainly are uses for downgrading mods, I had to get a second Blind Rage for example - because at rank 10 it makes it impossible for me to use 3/4 abilities on sorties with the "energy reduction" modifier, but only 1/4 at rank 9.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

There certainly are uses for downgrading mods, I had to get a second Blind Rage for example - because at rank 10 it makes it impossible for me to use 3/4 abilities on sorties with the "energy reduction" modifier, but only 1/4 at rank 9.

That is interesting, what Warframes are you running Blind Rage on?

I already had a thread about having a slider on Maxed mods being able to adjust for the same reasoning you suggested for builds. Most would love the idea but they said DE cannot do the impossible because the person who made the code 7 years ago is probably not working for them any longer. Only they one person can ever figure out how to rewrite it. I believe DE can always find a way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WH1735S0W said:

Not a good idea if you want to use more than 1 build. Also some weapons you can't get a second copy of ever, so just having a second copy of that weapon won't work either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nehra96 said:

Are you serious? You can sell other corrupted mods you get or even trade them for the one you want. Should DE use valuable time and energy over such a small issue? And that too at a time like this where so much stuff is dying to get their attention and efforts. 

Not saying they should do it, they hard far more pressing concerns over such a small QoL. I just switch to Stretch. Im well aware of though number of issues they have to fix (especially with the current mainline).

Ill get another one eventually, i have all the time in the world 🙂

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tyreal2012 said:

It would be nice to downgrade mods and I think DE have said they might look at it. But not all issues can be solved with a forma. I have one copy of over extended, one - despite numerous vault runs, itd be nice to scale it back when needed.

funny cause on all threads about exact same topic i see ppl repeat that de clearly stated its impossible due how mods work mainly each mod being self independent item on different rank

Just now, ZeroX4 said:

funny cause on all threads about exact same topic i see ppl repeat that de clearly stated its impossible due how mods work mainly each mod being self independent item on different rank

Maybe i was drunk when i read it *shrug* 😄

Itd be a nice to have, but they have more pressing concerns. 

5 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Look, it's not a big deal, and they are surely busy anyway, but that is just horsecrap.

Even if they couldn't change the code for some reason, they could just add another layer on top of it. It may be impractical, it may not be worth the effort, but there is no way its actually impossible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nehra96 said:

It's not such a small issue if you somehow, for some reason, need two of a very rare mod, or Unobtainable a 2nd time (Primed Fury/Vigor).
You're basically against any form of variety, having builds that MinMax the mod capacity for very specific builds would add some bit of variety, and not every single mod maxed.

While adaptation is not rare in the slightest, I have to refrain from selling 6 versions of it, because I need those 6 versions at very specific mod levels otherwise they won't fit in my builds, and while you could say I don't need them leveled at all, what should I do with the remaining capacity? it adds starting energy, oh gee, that's amazing, 10~60 starting energy, when I can just pop a pizza with the myriad of resources I have to make energy restores.

Why are you so against "Choice" it harms nobody if you have the choice, and also harms nobody if you don't make that choice, so what's it to you?

Edited by SocialFox
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Look, it's not a big deal, and they are surely busy anyway, but that is just horsecrap.

Even if they couldn't change the code for some reason, they could just add another layer on top of it. It may be impractical, it may not be worth the effort, but there is no way its actually impossible.

im not the side in this conflict
im perfectly fine with what we have right now i just repeated what others say

Edited by ZeroX4

4 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Mods with a deranking option or "mod level slider" is 100% doable. It's just another one of those things DE's let fallen by the wayside despite being asked for years for it. I would love to be able to derank my streamline/fleeting expertise. Or my umbral mods, adaptation, primed vigour, even primed sure footed if i have constitution on. It's frustrating that this is not a thing yet.

There are more nuances to the suggestion of Underclocking mods than just "Yay, I don't have to farm more rare mods."

• As some have mentioned, there are mods you just cannot get more than 1 copy of. (In the future, maybe they'll let us apply an Umbra forma to the mods that have Umbral varieties, and turn it into an Umbral Mod, but the login mods and event mods are unlikely to get that treatment.)
  • It would potentially streamline the Forma'ing process (assuming you have enough Mastery Rank), allowing our builds to remain in-tact, just underclocked down to unranked to allow them to fit into the base capacity of the weapon/frame in question - rather than requiring us to remember all the Mods we had in our builds, or keep screenshots.
  • It would resolve issues with ranking up mods making them no longer fit into a multitude of other builds we have that use that same mod, forcing all those builds to be unequipped when we rank it up for another single build (or go through ALL those other builds that used that mod, and slot in a lower rank version that we're not upgrading.)

I'm sure there are other big reasons it would be good, but those are off the top of my head.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SocialFox said:

Why are you so against "Choice" it harms nobody if you have the choice, and also harms nobody if you don't make that choice, so what's it to you?

You just assumed from one post that I am against "choice". Bravo!! 

By the way, this topic has been beaten to death and apparently tldr of that is DE doesn't have the capability for the enormous coding overhaul a mod capacity slider is going to take. 

What's it to me? The same that's to you. I want them to fix the wider range of content before focusing on the very niche stuff, about which there a hundred threads already discussing the pros and cons and why it's not been done so far. Might I suggest some research to you. 

15 hours ago, Nehra96 said:

I want them to fix the wider range of content before focusing on the very niche stuff, about which there a hundred threads already discussing the pros and cons and why it's not been done so far. Might I suggest some research to you. 

I want that as well, leaving this option up here for later is also a valid option, that you're not taking into consideration, not everything "MUST BE DONE" the moment it is suggested, which you seem to not understand. I want them to fix everything, but I'd also want this as an option once it can be done. All your arguments against it makes me understand that you don't want this option at all, regardless if they fix everything or not.

There wouldn't need to be any Coding Overhaul to allow mods level to be changed, you're Already Changing a mod's level whenever you're upgrading it, that function can simply be extended, they've already done something similar with arcanes, allowing us to Distill them into their constituent arcanes, they're practically mods with a different icon, mods could be downgraded by refunding the endo and credit cost, bugs in the past has revealed just how arcanes are handled in the game's code, so you can't just sit there and tell me it's going to be amazingly difficult to do, without first taking into consideration some actual research into what can be done in the game.

DE has proven time and time again, that they can do wonders with their game, given enough time, they can fix everything, but they also need to refresh the game to keep its community invested in it, otherwise, people are going to complain about contend droughts and whatnot, this is a quality of life upgrade whenever they decide to do it.

I'm fine with mod tweaking not being a thing for at least a year from now, but you're not fine with it being a thing at all. There's a thing called priority, this can be at the bottom of their list.

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a warframe player that loves the game, even with all its bugs (that sometimes makes me wanna bash someone's head in when they happen), because I know they'll eventually be fixed, when they can fix them.

my solution, is instead to let me have multiple copies of everything. for things that are intentionally limited availability but Tradable it's a bit complicated, but for things that you can't Trade? why not let me get more of them. if i want 6 copies of Primed Shred, why not.

asking for more of them is even me asking to spend more Resources anyways, to upgrade more Mods rather than less, so that my Inventory becomes more diverse. i have done much of this inventory preparation over the years because it's just smart to do, so let me do more of it. :)

6 minutes ago, SocialFox said:

There wouldn't need to be any Coding Overhaul to allow mods level to be changed, you're Already Changing a mod's level whenever you're upgrading it, that function can simply be extended, they've already done something similar with arcanes, allowing us to Distill them into their constituent arcanes, they're practically mods with a different icon, mods could be downgraded by refunding the endo and credit cost, bugs in the past has revealed just how arcanes are handled in the game's code, so you can't just sit there and tell me it's going to be amazingly difficult to do, without first taking into consideration some actual research into what can be done in the game.

as long as you give a refund in Credits/Fusion Energy then it's fine i guess yeah, since you're actually changing the Rank of the Mod - though that sounds really tedious if you ask me, as every time you switch Warframes you might need to go to your Mods Terminal and change the Rank of a Mod(s).
doesn't sound very elegant/convenient to me.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, SocialFox said:

I'm fine with mod tweaking not being a thing for at least a year from now, but you're not fine with it being a thing at all. There's a thing called priority, this can be at the bottom of their list.

Exactly, this is what my initial post was about, it's not a priority now, and very likely ain't gonna be anytime soon either. But you love making false assumptions so you can have it. I never said it will never be done. I have zero interest in conversing with someone who likes to manufacture what others really think about.