Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Net Code Rework?

Senuska

I'm sorry if this has been post ad-nauseum, but I couldn't find a definite answer to whether or not DE is planning a re-work of the net code for the game. I know that there have been issues raised about matchmaking and the "Strict NAT" error for a few folks. 

I have played a lot of games that use an ad hoc connection type that don't have the issues that have been raised by users (Torchlight 2, Borderlands 1 & 2, etc.). So it would seem to be possible to write/develop code to fix this issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading up on ways to get around the UDP packet issue and it seems the only sure-fire way to get around it is to play the game through a VPN (Virtual Private Network). Does any one have some good suggestions for which ones to use?

I have been reading up on ways to get around the UDP packet issue and it seems the only sure-fire way to get around it is to play the game through a VPN (Virtual Private Network). Does any one have some good suggestions for which ones to use?

I used to use VyperVPN when I subbed to giganews and it was pretty alright.

I have NAT 2 from my ISP, no, i cannot just "switch" because there are NO other alternatives. yes i contacted them and no it will never change from that.

I have problems finding or connecting on the PS3 also. 

This does need to be addressed, many others have the same problems.

I have NAT 2 from my ISP, no, i cannot just "switch" because there are NO other alternatives. yes i contacted them and no it will never change from that.

I have problems finding or connecting on the PS3 also. 

This does need to be addressed, many others have the same problems.

I am not familiar with NAT 2 is that a newer version of the NAT that some companies are using?

Hamachi should work for avoiding NAT issues, but you need to link to someone that has a good connection AND no NAT issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamachi_%28software%29

I never tested, but TeamViewer (that I use to remote-control PCs) has a VPN feature as well. Again you need another PC somewhere else.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Hamachi should work for avoiding NAT issues, but you need to link to someone that has a good connection AND no NAT issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamachi_%28software%29

I never tested, but TeamViewer (that I use to remote-control PCs) has a VPN feature as well. Again you need another PC somewhere else.

The hoops we jump through, eh?

As an aside to this topic I would like to state that I am able to host, and connect to other player's games. The thing that bugs me about the net code is that I am unable to see the chat. I can be in a mission, or just looking around the Solar Map. I always get the 10035 error when I am in a match, or when I am sit on the map while I wait for the chat to connect.