Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Type (2 Teams)

Luciuris

So my idea was that two teams a 4 members are send into a ship. They will disable the electronic system of the ship, plant a bomb and jump out.

1st team: This team will create an extraction. It will do everything it can to draw agro and focus the enemies' attention on them while the second team does their job. They will also disable the ships reactor core. By doing this the ship will switch to auxiliaryenergy. The ships AI will now only use the remaining energy to keep gravity and lifesupporting systems going. This will also start the normal count-down we know from sabotage missions.

2nd team: The second team will plant the bomb. 3 member will carry a payload and will be restricted to their secondary and meele weapons. 2 parts of the bomb and one jammer to interfere any electro magnetic signal, which could be used to remote disable the bomb. Due to the jammer the Lotus will not be able to communicate with any of the teams. But luckily for us the Lotus has found a frequenz ,wich will not be interfered by the jammer, so we will able to communicate with all members of both teams, via in-game-chat. Once the second team reaches the location one teammember will need 45 sec to fuse the bomb and the jammer together by holding the "X"- button over the bomb. All other teammebers should protect their "bomb-engineer". If the "bomb-engineer" lets go of the button. 20% of the progress will be lost instantly and 1% for every other second passed until one member continues the work. And keep in mind that the reactor was diabled by team 1. Time is ticking! The approach to the location should be done in stealth. Failure to do so will increase enemy spawn rate and enemy level for both teams. Once this is done the second team warns the first team, that the bomb is now primed via in-game chat. The bomb will detonate itself in 3min.

Extraction: Due to the hazard the bomb creates our pick-up-shuttles will not be able to dock on to the ships. Both teams will have to find a window and break it. Due to the ship switching to auxiliaryenergy, the rooms will be locked down but not the windows, in case of lack of oxygen, or whatever chemical copound is necessary to keep essential brain and body functions going. All members jump out the window and out of the ship. Once a certain distance to the ship is made a tenno-shuttle will pick up every tenno floating in deep space.

Mission accomplished.

Teamwork is essential for this mission. Every piece of information or status updates must me transmitted to the other team!

So what do you think? My idea was to create a game mod with more than just one objective and emphazises teamwork.

Feel free to leave suggestions, critisim or changes in the comments.

I apologize for my bad english or for any typos I made.

Hope you guys like it!

Edited by Luciuris

8 players means the host has to have very good upload speed and a good pc to handle the load of 7 other players getting data from their pc.  That is not going to happen without dedicated servers

Ok so what would you say is the maximum amount of players?

Using FPS server figures to host you need 15kB/s for each connection plus some on top of that for overheads .  So minimum connection that could handle that amount is 1.5mbit.  Bandwidth is now at a premium for the average DSL/Cable connection unless you have fibre, so unlikely most players have a connection good enough.

So the laggy hosts you seen now would be the norm as that number of player connections would use all the hosts bandwidth leaving none spare.  That is excluding having a good enough pc to host the game.

Using FPS server figures to host you need 15kB/s for each connection plus some on top of that for overheads . So minimum connection that could handle that amount is 1.5mbit. Bandwidth is now at a premium for the average DSL/Cable connection unless you have fibre, so unlikely most players have a connection good enough.

So the laggy hosts you seen now would be the norm as that number of player connections would use all the hosts bandwidth leaving none spare. That is excluding having a good enough pc to host the game.

It is nice to see, that our community does have talentet people in the field of electronics and computing, but I do not understand anything.

Just give your norm(maximum amount of players, which could be supported by a laggy host). But hey, it is cool that you know such things :D

Edited by Luciuris