Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva weapons and MR requirements

Reifnir

What's the point of Kuva weapons having MR requirements, when pretty much any rank can obtain them and use them? It doesn't represent power levels, it doesn't restrict anything, it's just there, a confusing piece of irrelevant information. 

You should either set MR requirements for all Kuva weapons to 0 (or, rather, to MR 5 because that's the bare minimum to complete The War Within) OR impose some restrictions. Currently it's just confusing and doesn't seem to serve any purpose unless I'm missing something. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

how is it confusing?

My nephew was worried he wouldn't be able to use his kuva weapon because he was MR 7~8 when he got it. It's bizarre to have a mastery requirement on a weapon that doesn't actually require mastery. New players find it confusing.

• Like 3

this again? How many times do we have to say it? MR requirements are NOT ONLY gates for certain content but also a power level indicator. High MR req weapons are supposed to be more powerful. DE said that was their intention of the MR req to begin with. Both as a gate to certain content and as a Power level indicator (in some cases both at the same time but not always as purchasing bundles, Prime access and quest rewards bypass MR locks). So the kuva weapons have no problem being labeled as MR X this only indicates how strong they are to the uneducated player trying to obtain them.

Edited by EDM774

2 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

this again? How many times do we have to say it? MR requirements are NOT ONLY gates for certain content but also a power level indicator. High MR req weapons are supposed to be more powerful. DE said that was their intention of the MR req to begin with. Both as a gate to certain content and as a Power level indicator. So the kuva weapons have no problem being labeled as MR X this only indicates how strong they are to the uneducated player trying to obtain them.

To add onto this, it gives players incentive to experiment with other frames and weapons to raise their MR rather than stagnate on just a handful.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

MR requirements are NOT ONLY gates for certain content

In case of Kuva weapons, it gates nothing, you can use every Kuva weapon in existence as early as MR5, the "MR" part of their description is not functional. It does not prevent you from obtaining, using or trading it. And...

51 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

High MR req weapons are supposed to be more powerful.

They're not. Kitguns and Zaws are easily the most powerful weapons in existence thanks to adjustable stats and arcanes, and they do not require high MR. Kuva Hind is a medicore weapon that requires MR15 and is for all intents and purposes, worse than a normal Fulmin, that is MR8. And there are many more examples of MR requirement on weapons being pretty arbitrary.

54 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

So the kuva weapons have no problem being labeled as MR X this only indicates how strong they are to the uneducated player trying to obtain them.

Except when I was trying to talk a friend into returning to Warframe and we got to discussing Kuva weapons, it did come to saying that "That Kuva Bramma sure sounds cool, but I have a lot of MR grind before I can use that" - so people actually think that. 

• Like 1