The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When does quick melee returns?

DroopingPuppy

On 2020-03-13 at 4:04 AM, CopperBezel said:

The current melee implementation gives you complete access to your melee stance, which the old quick melee did not

That's a downgrade. Quick melee attacks never interfered with your movement. Almost all stance melee attacks do.

The same attacks are in there unless they've been individually replaced, but most of them no longer have free movement. Quick melee used partial combos from existing stances, and which stance they were taken from depended on the weapon, so that for instance, the two gunblades used parts of Bullet Dance and High Noon respectively. You're just using a stance that lost free movement, which is admittedly most of them.

So Quick Melee wouldn't help with that, the change would be the same.

Edited by CopperBezel

On 2020-03-12 at 8:38 PM, DroopingPuppy said:

Anyway, the most problem is why I am forced to fully equip the melee weapon even if I don't want it to be. If I just want to fully grab the melee weapon, then I can just use the sword alone mode instead. But why they remove quick melee and force me to fully grab the melee weapon or bust?

You can melee from gun which swings the weapon like you had it out the whole time and then press fire to instantly shoot like you never holstered the gun. All accomplished by 2 button presses in total (to go from gun, melee, swing, swap to gun, and fire).

It doesn't get anymore "quick melee" than that.

EDIT: If you remember the quick melee system it was really cumbersome. There were times where you spent more time juggling weapons than doing anything else because you pressed quick melee. I still remember when I'd frequently quick melee and then swap to melee; it turned into melee, sheath, draw gun, holster, draw melee, and now I can use melee. Seriously, 4 seconds to swap to melee because I hit "quick melee".

Edited by SpringRocker
  • Like 3

Melee whatever you need to melee, then tap your aim button to bring back your gun. Even with M1 as melee that should still work with pressing the right mouse button. Drawing the “full” weapon doesn’t matter when the swap is instant.

TLDR: E to melee -> TAP right mouse to aim to bring back gun

Edited by Grey_Star_Rival_Defender
  • Like 1

On 2020-03-15 at 9:25 AM, SpringRocker said:

You can melee from gun which swings the weapon like you had it out the whole time and then press fire to instantly shoot like you never holstered the gun. All accomplished by 2 button presses in total (to go from gun, melee, swing, swap to gun, and fire).

It doesn't get anymore "quick melee" than that.

EDIT: If you remember the quick melee system it was really cumbersome. There were times where you spent more time juggling weapons than doing anything else because you pressed quick melee. I still remember when I'd frequently quick melee and then swap to melee; it turned into melee, sheath, draw gun, holster, draw melee, and now I can use melee. Seriously, 4 seconds to swap to melee because I hit "quick melee".

First, it doesn't works when change melee attack button to M1 on sword alone mode, which is essential for sword alone mode or you need to move AND attack with only one hand.

Also, you have to MANUALLY aim to revert to the gun, even if what you need is only one swing and what you mainly want is gunplay.

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

First, it doesn't works when change melee attack button to M1 on sword alone mode, which is essential for sword alone mode or you need to move AND attack with only one hand.

Also, you have to MANUALLY aim to revert to the gun, even if what you need is only one swing and what you mainly want is gunplay.

It sounds like you want completely different melee system just because you changed your keybindings.

Also if pressing a single button to INSTANTLY switch back from melee to gun is too much for you - it's a you problem. Not to mention the benefits of actually aiming.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

If you changed your bindings to have melee on your fire button then that's on you.

Sounds like a better solution is to change your melee button to whatever button you want "quick melee" to be and go with that.

There's no reason to revert a whole system back to being extremely clunky (it was clunky) just because you want to have melee and fire on the same button.

9 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Whoa, wait, hold up. The first part is right, melee attack on M1 only works effectively if you switch to full melee mode. But that reverse isn't true, melee attack to M1 is not mandatory in full melee mode, which controls exactly the same as using melee the normal way except that blocking becomes manual. (And the last part, as I've said repeatedly, is entirely true, but also only true, of the default bindings, which you can change just as easily as any other setting, including the one that changes melee to M1 that you're using.)

Edited by CopperBezel