Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Limbo's Cataclysm not be an eyesore anymore?

Ikusi_Prime

Limbo's Cataclysm has been a massive source of visual clutter for years. It's common practice to set Limbo's energy color to black so you can actually see out of your own ability.

I'd really appreciate it if someone from the art/effects team could take a crack at new visuals for Cataclysm that don't obstruct your vision. A slight shimmer and a few colored, wispy lines are all that's needed to show the edge of the area.

10 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

It's common practice to set Limbo's energy color to black so you can actually see out of your own ability.

People I play regularly with want it to be as visible as possible without being blinding, so there's less possible confusion as to which side they're on.

It would probably be super painful to program, but I was thinking last night about, what if they made it look like Simulacrum in there? Reskin floors and textures to be a, "different place." Certainly solves the problem of being visually distinct.. and wouldn't require a massive highlighter globe of energy.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

People I play regularly with want it to be as visible as possible without being blinding, so there's less possible confusion as to which side they're on.

It would probably be super painful to program, but I was thinking last night about, what if they made it look like Simulacrum in there? Reskin floors and textures to be a, "different place." Certainly solves the problem of being visually distinct.. and wouldn't require a massive highlighter globe of energy.

I can see that. I've also gotten complaints from people in missions that even a semi-dark color is too bright.

There has to be some middle ground where the ability isn't blinding unless you make it invisible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Methanoid said:

isnt that a whole new mini-game for some people?  to have as much eye bleeding colors onscreen where nobody can see a thing?

I guess. But that mini-game is easy for Limbo. Just have an energy color that isn't the black all the way at the bottom of the Smoke pallet, and boom, nobody can see anything.

I think there should be some sort of in-between, where you can have colors that look nice and compliment your fashion without blinding everybody.