Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Getting trolled or just a bug?

CauchyL

I joined in the middle of a mission with Mesa and started walking slow as balls (no Hobbled Key equipped). I haven't played in over a year so idk if it's some new frame/ability trolling or a bug. But then I tried to use my 4, got knocked back and got stuck in the animation until extraction (couldn't bullet jump, sprint or switch weapons).

[SPOILERS] for the Second Dream I guess: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muxailo said:

Mesa's bug with Peacemaker. If you check abilities on 0:16, you can see that it was not cancelled, but seems that you had that bug even before starting recording.

Ridiculous latency from host can exacerbate issues with activating/deactivating abilities, the 4th ability was active after that time yes, and they were also knocked down during the animation to draw the regulators. For the first 3 quarters of the video, the latency was 700+, it started going down and normalizing around 120 just as one other person from the squad dropped out, my intuition tells me there was something wrong with the sync between host and that other player, that was causing issues for the whole instance.

This can sometimes happen without any increased latency, and it's even more obvious in big instances like Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis, I've had this happen far too often on the open world maps to say it's just latency (same host, sometimes has this issue, restarting mission is the only fix, as far as I know)

OP, no, you're not getting trolled, this is a bug, and a surprisingly less known one, but sadly they have not come up with a fix yet.

Edited by SocialFox
  • Like 1