Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat scans buggy or am I just really unlucky?

(XBOX)NoTownGhost

Question

So, I've been trying to farm kavat genetic codes for like 3 days now (roughly 4 missions a day averaging 4 scans per mission) and I've gotten exactly one code. Iirc the rate is something like 25% chance per scan so I was just wondering, is there a bug I dunno about? I use my limbo prime with a cata-stasis focused build and solo it so I don't annoy anyone...maybe they don't drop in the rift?

I really want a kitty to run around my lander...and this is getting beyond frustrating.

Oof. This reads like a case of RNGeesus having a laugh at your expense. Sorry, dude.

Do you have any synthesis scanner widgets from Simaris? The double scan widget, particularly, is incredibly useful for collecting kavat codes. Resource boosters also affect kavat genetic codes gained on scan.

If you solo, usually between 0-4 kavat will spawn, have a full group will greatly increase this number.

However, sometimes they get killed by infested before you can even reach their locations.

If you wish to farm codes in short amount of time, best to have resource boosters, scanner widget, smeeta and in a group.

Yep, I've got the widget...and update, just did another one and still no codes. RNGesus y u h8 me? I guess I can try recruiting a group, cus pubs tend to kill the kitties. Hopefully my first kitty will be a smeeta...cuz right now I only have my faithful kubrow and a handful of sentinels.

7 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

They're RNG.

Would be nice if we could tranq them, putting them into a temporary no-damage state, and recover DNA and a scan from them that way.

Usually I use a low level melee weapon to knock down the infected and kavats. that way you can scan them easier. This works best with Rhino or Inaros just in case you have to tank something. If you don't get the kavat genes, that's just bad luck. More people also means more kavats, so try getting in a four person squad. Hope this helps.

Well, if it's broken..
..then now's a great time to get a tranq option instead. The RNG+scanner mechanic isn't very good.

Perhaps the Heliocor becomes part Capture hammer: If an animal is struck with the Heliocor, and the animal will instead be instantly transported to, "a farm with a big yard to run around in, up north." With bonus damage to Capture mission targets, so no one gets confused. Maybe have animal capture missions inside. Have it unlock a, "Secret Cow Level," where we're transported to the, 'hammer realm' to fight the ghosts of all the animals we've plowed through in our warpath over our game... but give them all attacks, and absolutely able to swarm us with numbers. "Pet Sematary," style.

10 hours ago, (XB1)NoTownGhost said:

Yep, I've got the widget...and update, just did another one and still no codes. RNGesus y u h8 me? I guess I can try recruiting a group, cus pubs tend to kill the kitties. Hopefully my first kitty will be a smeeta...cuz right now I only have my faithful kubrow and a handful of sentinels.

Msg me when you have your dna and i'll sort you out with smeeta imprints... In fact just msg on xbl and i'll see if i can help you farm the dna.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, (XB1)NoTownGhost said:

*pats Vaquaera* if only I could loan you my precious Hera... I found the most random things in Void fissures, Order of the Lotus and Zealot Prelate assassinations. During one then NW2 boss battle I had somehow, four Kavat codes. Then various Void and Derelict missions they'd just show up. Whilst I did buy Ryoko, my first Smeeta as a kit frrom the Market; he was lost just before the pet changes; Hera was bred the right way I guess. She looks like a real fox too 😋. Sands of Inaros Stage 2 with a Helios, Synthesis Scanner, Sol Widget and Ivara/Loki stalking around works great too as I had enough DNA codes to breed three cats.

I have been doing these for the Vasca kavat - derelict captures/vault/kavat runs - sometimes solo, sometimes +1 or +2. I use the manual scanner if I can, the hammer scanner otherwise, get 2-6 scans per run and probably 1 code per 4 scans?

No help for bad RNG, but close to 1 code per run...

It was announced in patch notes around the time (i think 2 weeks before) they added the vampy kavats to game that reduced the drop rates by 25% or 50% occured. I cant remember if they specified the reasons but they have pretty bad rates now. 1 per 12 scans sounds about normal im afraid. 😞

On 2020-03-12 at 3:14 AM, (XB1)Muttz v2 said:

Msg me when you have your dna and i'll sort you out with smeeta imprints... In fact just msg on xbl and i'll see if i can help you farm the dna.

Wish I'd seen this sooner but I got lucky. Bred my kavat and Gizmo is a smeeta. Though I'm thinking of grinding for another stasis chamber and breeding another one here shortly. Once I come down from the rush of defeating my first lich.

11 hours ago, (XB1)NoTownGhost said:

Wish I'd seen this sooner but I got lucky. Bred my kavat and Gizmo is a smeeta. Though I'm thinking of grinding for another stasis chamber and breeding another one here shortly. Once I come down from the rush of defeating my first lich.

Aww Gizmo- cute name. What's he look like?

On 2020-03-21 at 12:37 PM, (PS4)Claudija said:

Aww Gizmo- cute name. What's he look like?

Originally sort of a sunshine yellow and white, no special patterns, if I figure out how to get a screenshot off my Xbox I'll post it. Now she's a mirage purple with black belly though...cuz I like to customize everything I can.