Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Annoying Forced Impact Procs (Please Fix)

playrelentless

The new update brought a lot of amazing new additions and a little horrible ones. Considering the changes made, I'm pretty impressed. There is one thing bothering me and a couple others on the feedback forums. The new update brought FORCED impact procs on the redeemer (heavy attack). I am not aware of other weapons getting forced procs on heavy attacks (comment if you do please)  No matter how much status chance you have, you'll get impact procs 99.9% of the time. Please DE, if you see this, fix the forced impact procs. It is super annoying to have an elemental build and not get it 99.9% of the time while you have over 100% status. The impact is counting as a status proc. A possible way to fix this is to have impact procs on the heavy attack not count as a status effect. Therefore, you would be getting at least one of the elemental type each pellet with the impact proc (at 100% sc) and 2 elemental with the impact proc (at >100% sc) Here is a video showing the forced impact procs and rare elemetal procs at 170% status chance: 

• Like 3

Done some quick testing. Regardless of mods, the heavy attack does around 8-10 impact procs. I wonder if that is new behaviour or not. I recall the redeemer knocked targets down on charged attacks and shotgun blasts. I wonder if its just old behaviour that we can now see thanks to Warframe Revised's changes, or whether its new. And if its new was it added by Warframe Revised, or when the melee rework happened. I'm not sure as i've not really used the redeemer since the primed variant came out

• Like 2

I think it's pretty straightforward, isn't it? The Redeemer had guaranteed impact on hit, like the Arca Plasmor and some others. It's a shotgun, so there are multiple pellets, and each one is guaranteed to proc impact. Old impact was one-and-done and subsequent procs would only have an effect if they landed after the first flinch was done, and there was nothing in the behavior or UI to indicate to us that more than one was happening. New impact stacks, so 8 pellets of Impact is 8 stacked Impact effects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 8faiNt said:

how do people play redeemer with such slow speed.

I actually move with pretty fast speed. I go slow for more accuracy like I do in overwatch and so. Slow dpi is better with flicks. I went EXTREMELY slow in the video just to show the procs that are occuring.

Edited by anxiety.wolf
typed it wrong
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, anxiety.wolf said:

It is super annoying to have an elemental build and not get it 99.9% of the time while you have over 100% status.

I may be talking outta my buttocks on this, but isn't the in-Arsenal Status Chance actually getting spread among all the pellets?
(Similar to how Kohm / Kohmak can show ~300% SC because it doesn't take into account the increased pellet count when spooled up.)

So, in addition to the forced Impact procs, you are getting the more or less "correct" amount of other procs it seems
(AFAIK, forced procs never take the place of regular procs, they're just a guaranteed bonus).

6 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I may be talking outta my buttocks on this, but isn't the in-Arsenal Status Chance actually getting spread among all the pellets?
(Similar to how Kohm / Kohmak can show ~300% SC because it doesn't take into account the increased pellet count when spooled up.)

So, in addition to the forced Impact procs, you are getting the more or less "correct" amount of other procs it seems
(AFAIK, forced procs never take the place of regular procs, they're just a guaranteed bonus).

For the redeemer, it isn't a bonus. It's a forced proc over the other possible procs. Other weapons like the akstiletto list above, it is a slight bonus. Although, it is annoying having the enemies staggering all the time.

Yeah, it's independent of the other status effects and every pellet has a guaranteed Impact proc attached no matter what else it's rolling. 

But yeah, the Redeemer also still uses the old shotgun math instead of the new approximate per-pellet chance, presumably on the assumption that 30% base per pellet was too high and 9% base for melee strikes would have been too low. So it's still only rolling a couple of real procs per shot unless it's a 100% status build, at which point all 10 will proc.

Edited by CopperBezel