Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Ideas for Kuva Lich changes

Gree26

I am bored and my spring break was just extended by a week so I am going to write this instead of doing something productive. I haven't been following this that closely because I was pretty disappointed with them on release(I have only killed 4 as of now) so take the things I say with a grain of salt. Also I wouldn't know if they said they were doing some of these or something that makes the issue I raise irrelevant so be nice. :) 

1. Abilities and Stages - The Kuva Lich bosses have the 3 health stages but when you push through each stage, there is no difference in how they act. This was very off to me because in pretty much every game I have ever played bosses progressively become more powerful. This isn't the case here. It is ok to attempt to change this or find a different way to do bosses but just changing it so it has 1 flat behavior across the board inst a good change in my opinion. 

For example, for the Impact Kuva Lich. This Kuva Lich has 4 abilities as far as I know.

First of all, the abilities should have a lot more powerful of a visual appearance and a queue. Its supposed to be a boss! Make their abilities more cool!

Second of all, the abilities should be A LOT more powerful. When facing my Lich, i couldn't tell you when an ability activated because I didn't care(Except for maybe charge) nor were they alive long enough to use them in many cases. (I don't think) 

- Iron Skin should be more threatening and offensive. It is really just additional health at this point which doesn't really mean much. 

- Stomp this should do something similar to normal stomp but make it so that while we slowly fly through the air we can keep shooting (so that this doesn't become like a wait period).

- More Charges - The lich will use a series of charges instead of a single charge. This will hopefully force the player to use parkour to avoid damage. The best way for the player to avoid this would be to roll or bullet jump.  If the player fails, it could be just something like the self damage stagger, where the player can escape by double jumping out of it, if they fail to do so the second charge will hit them and then the third and so on. I think that Warframe needs to have more punishes for not timing parkour dodges and jumps correctly. The punishes should not just be reserved for the squishy frames so I think that this would have to be a percent damage. Also, to avoid the player just bullet jumping in the air and shooting down at the lich as it does this, the lich should be able to charge upwards to some degree i think. 

and so on 

As for stages, there should be more abilities added. Each of these would build up as the fight goes on

- Iron Shards - Durring stage 2 when the Kuva Lich's iron skin is broken(Which it will use more often during this stage and stage 3), it will explode after a short delay. The player is warned with a red ring drawn on the ground around the Kuva Lich. Make it big Enough so if the player is using melee, they must bullet jump in the opposite direction to avoid actually being hit. If the player is hit, it should be a big punish so I think that the player should be given a slash proc with a heavy amount of damage tied to it. 

- Air strikes - Maybe at like 3rd stage or something the Lich would go into a short animation and now, while you fight it in its final stage, it will periodically call air strikes on your position(similar to Vauban's airstrike, it works indoors). It will have a small area marked by a red ring. It will have a short delay before landing(3 seconds or something in that area) 

Another cool idea could be something like an enraged mode where the Lich will spam their abilities. They could be marked by an effect of Kuva flowing into it. 

2. End game

These Kuva Lich's are FAR too weak. They can't withstand much damage at all. In my opinion this can only really addressed by DE's willingness to look at the data. They cant look at overall stats, they need to be looking at the upper end. How quick are people killing it, find out what is killing them so quickly and give them more health, armor, elemental resistance etc. Obviously the lower level ones should be able to be killed without too many issues but they should be able to withstand large amounts of damage later on.

Or maybe if they want to keep it casual, give us an option to upgrade it to like a nightmare version of the Lich when we have the option to kill or spare it. Then upgrade the difficulty to what I was talking about earlier. IDK how they could make the rewards for this worth it but I'm sure they could figure something out. 

3. AI

The lich needs better AI i think. It does very little when not using an ability other than stand there and shoot. i think that this should be addressed on some way, I dont know how but if this isnt something that they are looking at, they definitely should.

The point of this is not necessarily the abilities ideas (I just thought them up on the spot), those were just to give you an idea of what I'm thinking could make the experience a little more interactive, difficult and fun. Those aren't all of my ideas but they are just a few Ideas. The point is, I think that the Lich's blend in too much with any other enemy that we have faced to this point. I think that they could make it a lot more fun with some tweaking. 

Anyway no mater what, I know that DE will improve on this system because Its at a great starting point and has a lot of room to be built on. 

Thanks for reading :) 

• Like 1

Have you not gotten god liches that spawn and start one shotting players? Or been really lucky guessing requim orders?

Liches level up over time.  Not saying they are impossible atm.  The tweaks done to them are good.

I don't think they really need additional changing.

Liches are not really worth killing infinitely. Once you have the weapons and ephemeras.  They are not worth bothing with.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Have you not gotten god liches that spawn and start one shotting players? Or been really lucky guessing requim orders?

Liches level up over time.  Not saying they are impossible atm.  The tweaks done to them are good.

I don't think they really need additional changing.

Liches are not really worth killing infinitely. Once you have the weapons and ephemeras.  They are not worth bothing with.

I haven't been one shot by a lich ever personally(other than when they did the execution and it insta killed) and usually it takes me about 5 second to bring it down to the next bar of health even at level 5. 

I disagree that they are ok as is. I think that the system was widely disliked or at least was a let down based on the data that they showed. Personally I was a little let down so I think that there is room for improvement and I just wanted to offer my opinion on how I think I would improve it. 

Thats fine mate. I don't personally think the liches need much further changes.

Been hard farming liches with my buddy.  He keeps getting god roll liches with op weapons and high immunitties.

At best the ui showing their weaknesses/resistences needs further tweaks and i would like to know if they have ephemeras like it shows weapons above the larva.

But really had a few liches immune to almost everything with one shot weapons nearly wipe entire squads a few times now.

Shields go down easy.  But the liches can have insane armor and hp.

How many liches have you fought? And any god rolled ones?

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Like I said it my post I fought 4 and I am on my 5th now. I farmed them for about a day on release and since then I have ever so slowly been completing them. I have a pretty good role on my Kuva Kohm. 

I do whatever. Some days I will run it solo and some days I run on public, depends how I feel it. I got the Ogris but its a pretty S#&$ role though I haven't tried it with the self damage changes yet so it might be more bearable. 

Like my buddy got a perfect rolled ogris lich to spawn immune to almost everything.

He only killed it after the clan created a party for it.  And they almost still lost.

Ive had one of my liches have mags bubble ability.  The second i shot with it on me i blew myself up.

Guess ur rng is bad? Or good depending on your perspective.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

I think Lich System can be improved even further. Only liches with explosive weapons can face players blowing them up, liches with other weapons are not a threat for us even in Rank 5.

Also, I hope DE change the current murmur farm system, because it is goddamned boring as hell.

• Like 1