Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone explain how to get max intrinsics from RJ?

Jackdarsan

Question

Hello all, 

Understanding that intrinsic is based on affinity earned, wanted some help in understanding how DE have based the Affinity count for RJ missions.

1. Do we get the same affinity if we kill the Rams before they board the RJ or letting them board and then killing each boarder give more affinity?

2. Similarly, boarding the Crew ship and killing all enemies before destroying it or dome blasting it from your RJ? Technically in bother cases everything dies so should be the same?

3. If grineer pilots kill themselves do you still get the affinity for that kill?

Now in general, does the RJ team share the affinity earned or do we need to fight each other to earn the affinity? Keep finding each member earning different amounts (disregarding boosters). I.e one game the pilot said he earned 6.5 intrinsic for a mission while i earned 4, its not far off but why is it different? I have a felling each role earns different amounts which seems unfair for those that do put in the effort. 

8 answers to this question

the Enemies inside of a Boarding Pod are worth more XP than the Boarding Pod itself, plus you can get Stealth Multipliers. but even without doing anything special, the Enemies themselves are worth more XP.
(which seems about right to me since the Enemies are more difficult to deal with technically since the Boarding Pod itself poses no actual threat but the Enemies can and also take longer to deal with)

Enemies inside of a Crewship don't give you any XP if you don't Kill them yourself. when the Ship 'dies', it gets deleted, but more importantly is that Enemies Killed by the world and not by any Player action, don't give XP.

same goes for inside of Galleons and other Bases, if nobody Kills those Enemies, then they do not award XP.

all Players share all XP that happens inside a Railjack Mission regardless of distance or location.
however you are dealing with XP sharing, just like in normal Missions each person can get a different amount of XP depending on how/when the Enemies died. whether that be Boosters, the Cat Booster, or other non shared things (such as that Stealth XP isn't shared with other Players, other Players get the normal amount of XP).
Railjack is also special in that some seats in the Railjack seem to restrict your XP gains, in some way.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jackdarsan said:

1. Do we get the same affinity if we kill the Rams before they board the RJ or letting them board and then killing each boarder give more affinity?

2. Similarly, boarding the Crew ship and killing all enemies before destroying it or dome blasting it from your RJ? Technically in bother cases everything dies so should be the same?

The fastest way of farming intrinsics would be stealth killing as much enemies as you can. Which is obviously done on foot.

16 hours ago, taiiat said:

the Enemies inside of a Boarding Pod are worth more XP than the Boarding Pod itself.

Enemies inside of a Crewship don't give you any XP if you don't Kill them yourself. when the Ship 'dies', it gets deleted.  

however you are dealing with XP sharing, just like in normal Missions each person can get a different amount of XP depending on how/when the Enemies died. 

Thanks for confirming some things for me. It just seems strange that more affinity is awarded by doing things the harder way and you get less affinity for doing things the smarter way. 

That's disappointing that if you are skillful enough to kill the boarding pod before it hits the RJ, are able to blow up the CS without boarding and not get hit so much = less repairs (you get less less affinity). 

No skill = more affinity (no wonder people have been put off RJ).

2 minutes ago, Jackdarsan said:

No skill = more affinity (no wonder people have been put off RJ).

more like the other way 'round in my eyes - the methods that have you doing less, also reward you less.

the Enemies in this content aren't setup to be able to reward quick reflexes or other more uh, 'advanced' Gameplay, since they're just Health Bars that float around.
i'd ofcourse love for the content to encourage and reward both putting in more actual effort as well as performing better - but good luck getting something like that from Warframe. i could suggest like, Synthetik instead or something, if you're really looking for a game that is fundamentally about more than Timers and whatnot.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

more like the other way 'round in my eyes - the methods that have you doing less, also reward you less.

The whole RJ system as of today, for me, its like saying you get more exp if you walk instead of sprint/parkour. The game is built this way yet  

However I understand what you mean, and I do enjoy the game more when you do more. It just feels silly that these more simple items couldn't be tweaked to give the same exp. 

4 minutes ago, Jackdarsan said:

The whole RJ system as of today, for me, its like saying you get more exp if you walk instead of sprint/parkour. The game is built this way yet  

However I understand what you mean, and I do enjoy the game more when you do more. It just feels silly that these more simple items couldn't be tweaked to give the same exp. 

as a short term stopgap making it always the same would be ok i guess yes - but i would very much prefer effort was put into setting up content that has you on the edge of your seat, and then appropriately rewarding that.

Enemies with more Mechanical depth than 'just shoot it', too.

reasons why i'm quite excited about the PC Port of Horizon Zero Dawn