Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small QoL Sentinel changes

Sir_Carl

Sentinels look cool, but they just get destroyed easily and no way to revive them, which makes them inferior compared to kavats, kubrows, and MOAs. 

Therefore, some QoL changes should be made with regards to sentinels:

• Buff their health and shield stats (or just make them invulnerable, which probably isn't going to happen)
  • Make them revivable - they will have a waypoint on them whenever they get destroyed. (Or we can have craftable "repair kits" that we can use to fix downed sentinels

It would be cool to have a floating companion that provides some utility where you don't have to worry much about it getting destroyed.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sir_Carl said:

Sentinels look cool, but they just get destroyed easily and no way to revive them, which makes them inferior compared to kavats, kubrows, and MOAs. 

First and foremost: Don't bring MOA into this...
And Sentinels have different things going for them. You have more mod slots for Sentinels compared to Kavats and Kubrows. And you can use your Sentinels to get the set mod bonus from the vigilante set. Then there is Djinn and its exclusive mod...

What I'm saying is that you can't just compare all the companions based on one thing, revives. You have to keep in mind other things aswell.
And all the revives for your pets mean nothing, if your pet manages to die somewhere you can't reach. As pets are based on AI, I would always say they are the inferior ones.

Numerous people have suggested Link Armor/Health/Shields mods for general sentinel survivability, those would probably be a huge help on their own, so I'd start with that.

Otherwise, I don't think it would break the game to give them infinite revives in some way, such as allowing the player to manually revive them, Regen offering infinite revives at max rank (or slap it on Prime Regen), or just making them infinitely revive on their own with a cooldown. Djinn can do it and it doesn't make it overpowered, it just means you actually get to keep your extra firepower and enemy radar during a long mission or out in open world areas.

46 minutes ago, Sir_Carl said:

You're kidding right? If you do high level content, mod right, and keep mobile a sentinel will last a lot longer than a companion.

Stopping to revive a companion during arbitrations is a good way to say goodbye to your rewards.

Sentinels can revive you (to be clear, not during the above-mentioned Arbies. But still.), and they can come back to life multiple times themselves without you needing to revive them...

If anything kubrows need a buff, not the other way around. (I'd say kavats too, but Smeetas at least have utility in the form of charm).

Therefore, some QoL changes should be made with regards to sentinels:

• Buff their health and shield stats (or just make them invulnerable, which probably isn't going to happen)
  • Make them revivable - they will have a waypoint on them whenever they get destroyed. (Or we can have craftable "repair kits" that we can use to fix downed sentinels

It would be cool to have a floating companion that provides some utility where you don't have to worry much about it getting destroyed.

I really don't understand the point. With a fully modded out Sentinel any of the frames that aren't "immortal" will likely die before your sentinel does. Get a stray level 200 bombard rocket to the face? Congrats your sentinel is there to pick you back up.

Get Primed Regen, Enhanced Vitality, Metal Fiber, Calculated Redirection, and Repair kit. Problem solved.

Probably also want Primed Animal Instinct and Vacuum on there.

Then depending on your sentinel of choice add a few utility precepts and maybe assault mode.

Edited by (NSW)Sniperfox47

I'm not sure if the latest patch changed something but all of my sentinels are getting nearly instantly popped in lich missions even while having no combat precepts. I've just switched to using the Djinn because at least it comes back after awhile.

I'm thinking it might be related to being knocked down and enemies prioritizing the sentinel over your warframe.