Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small things to spice up defense to discuss

Since defense is somewhat, monotone to some people, do you guys agree if there's some slight twist to keep people on their toes?

Some of the possible twists are

1. Sudden vacuum

- Enemies may cut life support system, making it into defense/survival hybrid where you have to collect life support to avoid running out and have to defend yourself and the objective with only 5 HP. Finish the 5 waves quickly to get the life support back online/kill a special enemy to override the control

2. Fire hazard

- A wave consists of only napalm, hyekka master and scorch, leaving the map full with fire

3. Poison gas

- Fills the map with poison gas from certain spots with several area not being covered from the gas spread, dealing small toxin damage per second

More will added later

Opinions?

• Like 4

il y a 1 minute, Nehra96 a dit :

Defense should actually be about defense and not be extermination times 5 on repeat. 

And how do you do that ? There is a huge difference between offering actually constructed suggestions and saying "make it good duh"

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

was gonna say, Naked Nick should occassionally wake up, open the pod, and start firing twin grakatas at enemies for a while before going back to sleep.

Naked Nick is gone dude. He hated the job.

Its Bondage Bob now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

But did he himself make any points? I call him a hypocrite. By the way my suggestions are my own personal suggestions, don't like it, good... But I wouldn't stop sharing them and I wouldn't stand unfair hypocrisy either. If you play by "only constructive feedback allowed" make sure you are walking the talk otherwise you just expose the insecurity and hypocrisy for what it is. 🙂 I am not supposed to be making the kind of feedback that you two are expecting. It's the duty of moderators to tell me what kind of feedback is detrimental to the community and I sure didn't violate any rules or attack anybody with hypocritical fits. 

More I am objectively observing.  Not criticizing as a focus.  That said, I agree defense should be more then kill all enemies over 5 waves. The question is what.  I think more siege like circumstances, walls, turrets, traps ect, would make a good defense.  just have to ramp up the challenge after that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nehra96 said:

Defense should actually be about defense and not be extermination times 5 on repeat. 

Can you explain this "actually be about defense"? Every defense I see is basically kill this wave of enemies to fight another wave or perhaps you have this example of actual defense?

45 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Can you explain this "actually be about defense"? Every defense I see is basically kill this wave of enemies to fight another wave or perhaps you have this example of actual defense?

I don't know specifically. I would just love to see CC frames be more relevant in such nodes. One good example is disruption, where you don't have to kill everything that walks before progressing. But it's more of a mobile defense type thing as conduits spawn in a variety of places. I would love if they did something like this into defense missions. Special enemy types letting you quickly get over a wave (at cost of added challenge ofc), or timer that can be survived by either nuking everything or CCing everything whichever route you prefer. I am sure combing through feedback sections will yield way better and detailed ideas than I have. 

(It's just my opinion that I can provide simple suggestions or opinions and not be expected to write the whole thesis on them, I think it's way more productive than "you aren't giving ultra detailed feedback so you are a hater and you shouldn't complain blah-blah.")

They should rework defense into a more tower defense -like mode.

Give us walls, give us gates, give us a target inside to protect. Have bunches of demolysts and trash mobs flood the defense area to take down the gates/walls in order to get in. Give us the ability to repair walls (omni tool says hello) and change the rotations into a timer based one as in survival. The higher we get the more demolysts will spawn. They can obviously call them something else since demolysts are Sallad-V trademarked and tied to disruption.

Or in short, something along the lines of Fortnite Save the World but with less building of stuff.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 844448 said:

Since defense is somewhat, monotone to some people, do you guys agree if there's some slight twist to keep people on their toes?

Some of the possible twists are

1. Sudden vacuum

2. Fire hazard

3. Poison gas

More will added later

Opinions?

Pretty awesome ideas! Maybe not for low level missions but for higher Waves.

For infested defenses I say some Giant mob (maybe an oversized juggernaut) that you must hit only weak points, plus you would have to kill and drop an item from some special but regular mobs (like excavation's battery) to lure juggernaut off the Pod lol

I hate defense missions in every game.

Never seen a single defense mission that was well executed ever in any game ever.

I would be much happier if defense would be removed.

Mobile defense is alright I guess because instead of killing I'm actually defending the target for a fixed time. I can just go in with a non dps frame and get job done. 

So maybe just do that. Give defense a timer instead of making it a Dps race.

Edited by JackHargreav