Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

let us lock in riven stats

kayugee

No thanks. Locking stats would completely trivialize the Riven system. The current mechanics in place are quite good in my opinion, it's just Disposition that needs to be changed so that players are always investing in a positive direction in their Riven collection.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The current mechanics in place are quite good in my opinion

By saying "good", you mean completely random af ? You either get lucky and get really good rolls within the range of 10, or do 200 rolls and get jack sh*t.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fellas92 said:

By saying "good", you mean completely random af ? You either get lucky and get really good rolls within the range of 10, or do 200 rolls and get jack sh*t.

It's one of the only systems in the game that can't be "completed". I feel it's good because of the randomization. There is an endgame to it that cannot ever be completed and I enjoy that aspect. I much rather have the current system than one where I go buy 120 Riven Mods for various weapons I enjoy and just farm out CC CD/DMG MS -negative on Primary/Secondary Rivens and Range CD AS -negative on Melee Rivens. The time it takes to arrive at that stage in the current system will take years. The time it would take in a situation with lockable stats would be relatively shorter.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It's one of the only systems in the game that can't be "completed". I feel it's good because of the randomization.

Bare bones randomization does not mean it CANT be completed, such as line locking a few stats at higher costs to re roll specific lines(plus likely reduced odds to get particular lines like offensive ones to make rolling a full `offense stat` riven mod more costly then chasing a mix blend of a riven like a melee mod with status chance, combo duration and a damage line), special items to directly affect what lines can be rolled, such as how honkai impact 3 which also uses a random roll system for its affix system on its stigmata equips, can use special wafers so your guarantee the 2 stats for the affixes on it will always be offensive based ones.

The point is alot can happen and Riven mods were ONCE AGAIN a b.s. system that should never of been invented in its current modding system design where everyone still abuses it for op weapons more then the weapons that would actually get the most benefit out of them, despite the fact the disposition on the former is so low, your better off just using a regular mod instead.

There is an endgame to it that cannot ever be completed and I enjoy that aspect.

Want to know what a better, NEVER CAN BE COMPLETED end-game? Perpetually gaining points after you hit max level and you can spend them on boosting your stats and unlocking overpowered abilities at certain thresholds on diablo style games. That or the badass system or guardian rank system in borderlands 2 and 3 respectively, since doing the higher difficulty modes require not only a strong as frock build, but also stacking alot of those bonus points to get as ridiculously jacked up on stat bonuses as possible.

I much rather have the current system than one where I go buy 120 Riven Mods for various weapons I enjoy and just farm out CC CD/DMG MS -negative on Primary/Secondary Rivens and Range CD AS -negative on Melee Rivens. The time it takes to arrive at that stage in the current system will take years. The time it would take in a situation with lockable stats would be relatively shorter.

I would rather riven mods to be completely untradable when they are opened, where you had better control on which weapon type you get when transmuting the rivens by having more weapons of a specific type in the pool of THREE weapons you transmute instead of 4.

....plus i would like it instead of getting what riven is revealed when you complete the challenge, you get to pick between 3 weapons of that category instead for better control (Since D.E. decided to keep a option of loot CHOOSING on relics~), so on top of a more cheaper cost for full on re-rolls(with the line locking system having boosted costs obviously being a side bonus if they include that), those 3 changes would help make up for only veiled rivens can be tradable and people had to actually WORK to make a strong riven, not just buy it with plat and completely bypass making thar own riven.

And NO, D.E. needs to start continuing with things like the recent update they did and just get on with it on fixing up the game more then wasting time on adding            half-broken content which is linked to other content which is still VERY broken cause they thought to simply use it and not think about fixing up that older content first before deploying the new content linked to it.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

It's one of the only systems in the game that can't be "completed". I feel it's good because of the randomization. There is an endgame to it that cannot ever be completed and I enjoy that aspect. I much rather have the current system than one where I go buy 120 Riven Mods for various weapons I enjoy and just farm out CC CD/DMG MS -negative on Primary/Secondary Rivens and Range CD AS -negative on Melee Rivens. The time it takes to arrive at that stage in the current system will take years. The time it would take in a situation with lockable stats would be relatively shorter.

Yep. Perfect rivens are meant to be rare things. We decide which ones to settle for and which to keep trying at. It's good.

The actual riven system is complete garbage. I'd rather have any random player have a groll for any weapon he really likes than no one. I'm not even talking about prices, I'm talking about the rolls themselves. How can the riven system work, balancing out the various powerlevel differences(which btw, was DEs initial intent) between weapons if good rolls can't be found at all? You might respond: just roll a weapon yourself and try your luck!  Well, this S#&$ doesn't work at all. New players might get tricked into developing a gambling addiction, but when you make the math out of it and realize you would need around tens of millions of kuva to have an average probability of rolling a precise set of rolls (lets say CD AS Range -IP/Fin/Slide/ComboEff for melees) you just stop and accept the fact this system is garbage and the ONLY way you are going to get a groll is by either buying at full plat price from a reseller(and most prices are fairly low if you consider the mathematical probabilities) or by buying cheap from someone that doesn't even know the price he could sell the riven at (and honestly speaking that's his fault for not knowing it). That is, if the roll even exists. Lmao at the people that defend this trash system.

7 minutes ago, SadOverlord said:

The actual riven system is complete garbage. I'd rather have any random player have a groll for any weapon he really likes than no one. I'm not even talking about prices, I'm talking about the rolls themselves. How can the riven system work, balancing out the various powerlevel differences(which btw, was DEs initial intent) between weapons if good rolls can't be found at all? You might respond: just roll a weapon yourself and try your luck!  Well, this S#&$ doesn't work at all. New players might get tricked into developing a gambling addiction, but when you make the math out of it and realize you would need around tens of millions of kuva to have an average probability of rolling a precise set of rolls (lets say CD AS Range -IP/Fin/Slide/ComboEff for melees) you just stop and accept the fact this system is garbage and the ONLY way you are going to get a groll is by either buying at full plat price from a reseller(and most prices are fairly low if you consider the mathematical probabilities) or by buying cheap from someone that doesn't even know the price he could sell the riven at (and honestly speaking that's his fault for not knowing it). That is, if the roll even exists. Lmao at the people that defend this trash system.

This system needs change, but I just personally like the foundation of it. Either that, or I have grown and learned how to take advantage of the system and I enjoy the fact I can do well in it. 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This system needs change, but I just personally like the foundation of it. Either that, or I have grown and learned how to take advantage of the system and I enjoy the fact I can do well in it. 🤷‍♂️

Imagine trying to defend the current garbage riven system with "I make some plat out of it sometimes".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SadOverlord said:

Imagine trying to defend the current garbage riven system with "I make some plat out of it sometimes".

Is it a crime to have an unpopular opinion? I just like the foundation of Rivens and the system treats me well.

Edited by Voltage

The Riven system is bad and can't be fixed (to meet all of DE's goals for it) without removing it, but as the game doesn't require them (i.e. people start asking for team mates who have rivens as part of some meta) it's probably best to leave them as is for people who can't enjoy themselves unless they have something no-one else does :-P.

Just don't introduce it anywhere else, *cough* Liches, Railjack *cough*.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

DE have commented on this in the past, in one of their Dev Streams. They seem well aware of just HOW horribly broken Rivens are and just HOW badly they can break combat. Their argument at the time was that making "god rolls" difficult to get, they were limiting the effect of Rivens. Thus, Recalibration / locking rolls is unlikely to happen simply because it would lead to a greater availability of Rivens across the board.

Then again, this was said at a time when we all thought DE understood just what kind of bad idea Rivens were. These days, "everything is Rivens" so who the #*!% knows? Their vision for "sustainable rewards" seems entirely consistent with making us re-grind the same item over and over again hoping for god rolls, so it's entirely possible they might revisit Rivens in an attempt to push stubborn holdouts like myself into engaging with the system.

I'm not sure why people associate RNG with longevity, especially when items in question can just be traded. There are people that have excess of decent rivens across multiple accounts. Even I have a ton of good rivens, all earned within less than a year, just sadly not for weapons I actually use, I only managed to get a riven that's good for two weapons I use.

Locking in stats could have restrictions, such as no longer being able to trade them until you randomize all the stats, and could be limited to only one line, and stats that aren't CC/CD/MS, in addition to having a significantly higher cost, resulting in it still taking a long time to get them. New resources/items could also be added that would be required, and be tied only to higher level content. Between being able to lock in a single line, and having much higher cost, the end result is it still takes a long time to get something perfect, it just at least allows a usable riven without needing 100 rolls; and the system still maintains its participation to only a minority of the player base.

At this point, even sacrificing a riven to have their stats moved to another would be good for me.

Then again, rivens are intentionally kept as horrible as possible specifically to encourage people into buying them, all while people believe DE that it's random for "balance" purposes, as if the game is even balanced to begin with.

2 hours ago, SadOverlord said:

Okay, how about this: I like the current system and I don't roll rivens to sell. I sell off the veiled ones I get with the exception of pistol rivens, which aren't worth much veiled. I don't buy rivens with good rolls, and have never paid more than 100p for one. I just do a lot of kuva siphons, trade in all my vitus essence for kuva, and roll my own. I've put 50 rolls into one very silly riven, but most of the ones I actually use are sitting at 10 to 20.