Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How are the gameplay changes?


ikkabotz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Looking for opinions on the gameplay changes, is it noticeable? Curious about coming back to see how the game feels now. I was burned out with it before as I'd acquired most everything and was steam rolling stuff everywhere and just wondering what the tempo of the game feels like now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ikkabotz said:

I was burned out with it before as I'd acquired most everything and was steam rolling stuff everywhere and just wondering what the tempo of the game feels like now.

You're no longer relegated to a powerful JCB to steamroll, and can instead use a wide variety of things, for example your two year old's plastic toy steamroller or perhaps a limp fish.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

You're no longer relegated to a powerful JCB to steamroll, and can instead use a wide variety of things, for example your two year old's plastic toy steamroller or perhaps a limp fish.

This is sufficient reply. I will bring toys, you bring the lube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

You're no longer relegated to a powerful JCB to steamroll, and can instead use a wide variety of things, for example your two year old's plastic toy steamroller or perhaps a limp fish.

I was going to respond myself, but honestly I don't know how I can beat this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm going to be real honest. I'm REALLY not trying to knock the game so hope I don't tilt anyone— but I reinstalled after hearing about all the changes and felt little to no impact playing throughout the star chart the last hour or so. I have no idea what everyone is freaking out about on both sides of the spectrum. Anyway, it was fun to play around a little bit, but don't think it hooked me like I was hoping.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ikkabotz said:

Yeah, I'm going to be real honest. I'm REALLY not trying to knock the game so hope I don't tilt anyone— but I reinstalled after hearing about all the changes and felt little to no impact playing throughout the star chart the last hour or so. I have no idea what everyone is freaking out about on both sides of the spectrum. Anyway, it was fun to play around a little bit, but don't think it hooked me like I was hoping.  

I don't think they could change the core starchart experience unless they went off the deep end and completely overhauled WF from the ground up. As is, starchart is still babby content that even trashcan weapons can handle with a standard mod setup.

 

Arbitrations/endurance/liches are where you begin to see the problems. Nearly every shotgun in the game got nerfed, arcanes took a completely unnecessary hit across the board, with the ones actually worth using being trashed, and status was just completely gutted. I will admit It's interesting to see viral/slash being able to make even the most dumpster weapons somewhat viable, but ultimately it's probably going to get toned down to a niche place or slammed into the dirt. If it doesn't and this combo remains unchanged (with HM on primaries making things even more ridiculous) then all they've done is made the crap statuses worse somehow and shifted the meta from corrosive to viral. Changing the years old the bandaid I guess.

 

Replacing self damage with knockdown and making (most) explosive weapons useless is also entirely WTF. Count in operator amps being unuseable in their niches now (eidolons etc), "powerful AoE" weapons that previously had no self dmg being thrown in the fire with everything else, and you've got yourself a really bizarre update. Shieldgating is meh on frames, makes some of them more relevant in high level content I guess. Corpus remain a joke with how OP viral is atm but again I completely expect that to change.

Edited by DocLouis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...