Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Crash at Startup - "DirectInput8Create failed!"

Twin_Haelix

Approximately every other time I start my computer, when I run Warframe from Steam, I can successfully get to the Warframe launcher, but when i click 'Play', the game simply quits without displaying any error.

I have attached the EE.log files of both a successful startup and a failed startup.  The logs look almost identical up until this line appears in the failed startup:

"2.951 Input [Error]: DirectInput8Create failed!"

After that, the logs for the failed startup show a bunch of things shutting down.  In the successful startup, instead of showing the above error, it begins to enumerate input devices (controllers, etc).

I never used to have this problem, but started having issues around the time I switched from my Intel-based desktop to a new AMD Ryzen-based desktop.  The specs for my Ryzen-based desktop are:

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor (no overclocking, voltage, or PBO changes in BIOS)
  • ASUS Prime X470-Pro motherboard (with latest BIOS)
  • ASUS 1070 Ti Strix (8GB GDDR5, with NVIDIA 442.19 drivers)
  • 4x8GB XPG Gammix D60G DDR4-3600 (using built-in XMP profile and DRAM voltage set to 1.400v)
  • Windows 10 x64 Pro (Version 1909)

4geYn71.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue. For me it happens mostly after my PC has been running for some time and I start warframe. After a reboot, and immediatly trying again, it works. I am pretty sure this isn't a warframe issue itself, but maybe someone else has an idea what this could be.