Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about best current elements for each kuva weapons

Culaio

There was thread created  by @Raskol in november of 2019 talking about what element bonus is best for each kuva weapon and whatever its better to have high or low bonus(in some rare cases it was actually better to have low bonus to maximize weapon potential), here is link to the thread:

So I was wondering if anyone knows how recent changes to status including removal of IPS weightening affected what are currently best elements for each kuva weapon, including whatever its better to have high or low bonus. Also since that thread was pretty old it didnt include what are best elements for kuva nukor, hind and bramma so I am also interested about best elelemtns for them too.

Edited by Culaio

Before was Toxin>Heat>Radiation AFAIK; while Corrosive and Gas are rather dead now, Viral is still a fair reason to get the base Toxin bonus. On the other hand, provided you still slap 2x 60/60 in the weapon to get advantage of more status procs, base heat for Viral+Heat is also a good choice.

i can see magnetic being useful if DE really meant when they did said that they want to remove status immunity from bosses
which could be useful against profit taker (weaken its shield against every damage) and tridolon (which could create some space for madurai's substitute by debuffing eidolon's shield with magnetic), by using high RoF status with magnetic (weaken shield) + viral (weaken health) + fire (cut half of the armor)

depends on the weapon. toxic for rifles (primed cryo rounds exists), toxic for shotties (so you can still use primed charged shell if you still mod for corrosive, I do) 

cold/electric for melees, so primed fever strike can be used

or just radiation all round, so you can have rad/viral with no additional mod slots

Aslong as you will still mod the weapon with atleast 2 other elemental mods heat is the way to go. No reason to pass up on the chance for a free 50% armor debuff. On Nukor I would however say Toxin, since you will be slapping the primed heat mod on it eitherway. So picking toxin will even out your corrosive or viral setup on it in order to give equal procs between heat and corrosive/viral.

• Like 1

Honestly, I've been thinking that a Kuva Weapon with Magnetic could be good, since you could also apply Viral + Heat to it, and you'd be able to tackle any enemy type. Magnetic deals with Shields, Viral deals with Health (basically anything) and Heat deals with Armor. 

Although, you could probably get the same effect with Radiation, since Shields aren't that hard to deal with. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Is the above still valid. Its been more than a year since the post was made. 

3 new kuva weapons incoming at some point.

Regarding Kuva Nukor i remember reading somewhere getting magnetic as bonus element would make it interesting?