Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Close-Quarters Wind-Based Warframe (Why Not, Right?)

Novashank

I just thought it would make sense to have a wind Warframe along with the other "mains." Of course, I decided it shouldn't be that simple and I thought of a (hopefully fun and interesting) way to combine the theme with a focus on melee combat.

NAME: Breeze (if female)/Zephyr Boreas (credit to Bit_) (if male) (or whatever you think works, of course)

WARFRAME DESCRIPTION: Breeze/Boreas prefers to create close-quarters combat scenarios by manipulating the very air his/her foes breath.

*BASE* STATS

-HEALTH: 100 (300 at rank 30)

-POWER: 100 (150 at r30)

-ARMOR: 50

-SHIELDS: 150 (450 at r30)

-SHIELD RECHARGE: 22.5 per second

-SPRINT SPEED: 1.0

-STAMINA: 8.0

-POLARITIES: = (x4), V (x1), ~ (x1) (Ideal for Continuity and Stretch)

-AURA POLARITY: V (Ideal for Steel Charge)

ABILITIES

-1ST ABILITY: Sweep (25 energy)- Knocks down enemies in a 3/4/5/6-meter base radius (without pulling or pushing them towards or away from the user) by pulling at their feet with a strong wind. Deals 75/150/225/300 base damage.

-2ND ABILITY: Whiplash (50/75 energy)- Charges the user's melee weapon so that the next charged melee attack will be enhanced by a focused wind force and have a 1.5/3.0/4.5/6.0-meter-increased damage range and knock hit enemies back 2.5/5.0/7.5/10.0 meters (knock-back will not be scaled by Stretch). This ability will not affect the damage of the charge attack unless Focus is slotted on the Warframe.

EDIT: This ability WILL still affect the Glaive and Kestrel, but with the added radius focused on the flying weapon instead of the player (hell, that might even be cooler than a large swing radius now that I think about it! :D ).

-3RD ABILITY: Suffocate (50 energy)- Withdraws the breath from ONE enemie's lungs (max range of 15 meters)(meaning that mechanical units such as MOAs will not be affected), causing them to remain incapacitated for 2/3/4/5 seconds and take 50/100/150/200 base damage each second. Because this ability incapacitates the enemy, it allows the user to also close the distance and melee attack the victim or shoot them at a range.

-ULTIMATE ABILITY: Whirlwind (100 energy): Now I know that this is a huge rip-off of the Warrior's ability in WoW, but there's more to it --being that this Warframe is wind-based. The user draws their melee weapon and forms a tornado around themself, sucking in all nearby (5 meters) foes and spinning his/her melee weapons into them at a rate of 2.5/3.0/3.5/4.0 hits per second (double for dual melee weapons) for 10 seconds. The user can move while using this ability at a speed of 125/150/175/200% of walking speed (NO SPRINTING WHILE USING THIS ABILITY).

So, tell me what you think. If you're going to hate on this idea though, at least tell me WHY because I don't like typing these walls of text for nothing! Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I didn't want a wind Warframe till I thought of all this, so I hope you feel the same.

Also, please feel free to post concept art of this Warframe idea if you really like the idea! (I'm much too lazy :P )

Edited by Novashank

So, uh, Banshee?... lol.

Yeah I know the first abilities seem similar--it's hard to not do something with blowing wind for a wind-frame--but this one wouldn't knock them back and it would have a 360 degree radius. Plus, as I mentioned, this Warframe would be more melee-specialized.

Edited by Novashank

banshee is sound

this is wind, -deal with it-

But sound is the vibration of air, which when big enough can move air, creating a wind of sorts...

Yeah I know the first abilities seem similar--it's hard to not do something with blowing wind for a wind-frame--but this one wouldn't knock them back and it would have a 360 degree radius. Plus, as I mentioned, this Warframe would be more melee-specialized.

Yeah, true - so then something like Rhino Stomp without damage (and probably much less range). Maybe the 2 could be like Saryn's Contagion (duration instead of single attack), that 4 sounds really cool though.

Yeah, true - so then something like Rhino Stomp without damage (and probably much less range). Maybe the 2 could be like Saryn's Contagion (duration instead of single attack), that 4 sounds really cool though.

Yeah and without the suspense (see what I did there? :P ). Really I just wanted to add this move to give the player the chance to frantically rush at the downed victim(s) and land a few melee or even finisher attacks, so I'm glad you understand that I don't mean for it to be powerful. Thanks for the approval!

Edited by Novashank

Yeah and without the suspense (see what I did there? :P ). Really I just wanted to add this move to give the player the chance to frantically rush at the downed victim(s) and land a few melee or even finisher attacks, so I'm glad you understand that I don't mean for it to be powerful. Thanks for the approval!

+1 for horrible pun, and you're welcome =P

Regarding the energy cost and number of enemies affected - shouldn't 2 and 3 swap places? For his ultimate: Would be fun to see a random cow fly by in that tornado. XD

Yeah maybe so; I took a little bit of inspiration from Nekros' ability lineup. Random cow in the ult? Haha Ikr!

Might you want to tell us, why you spammed this into a dozen different threads already?

Why I'd love to but um... this is the only thread I made for this idea (so far).

EDIT: I think you're thinking of whitewolf6666. And I wouldn't latch on to other threads, I would just make another one of my own.

Edited by Novashank

Yup - apparently either him or a mod deleted the posting I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion, I should use @$username more often ...

Oh haha yeah I was confused there! And I got him back with a copy-paste of the OP of this thread, don't worry. :P

Edited by Novashank

Now you got me thinking about how awesome it would be to be able and combine two warframes' skills. Like using your frame to blow more air into Ember's fire, making it burn longer and hotter. (Yup, sometimes my brain goes weird ways, just because of a single word.) Right now, there would be only few combinations that make sense, though. But who knows what new frames we'll see in the future. "Crossing the streams" might actually be kinda fun.

I actually just posted the idea of a wind-based warframe a few hours ago LOL https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/118458-warframe-conceptno-art-yet-boreas/

EDIT: Maybe we can work together on this idea?

EDIT AGAIN: Zephyr is the calmest of the Anemoi

Collaboration? Sounds good XD. As for the name, I just like the word Zephyr and happen to know it has to do with wind haha I'm not that well-versed in Greek mythology.

EDIT: I made a post on your thread by the way.

Edited by Novashank

I think your fourth ability is really cool. I think my second ability (which is basically a nerfed version of your whirlwind) is also a viable choice, so here a comparison of our versions of abilities

Whirlwind:

Yours

sucks in enemies(30 feet?!) and makes you run ridiculously fast and hit really fast tl;dr beast mode

Mine

doesn't suck up enemies, increases speed by 20% while active, makes you immune to bullet and projectile damage, and you can't do dmg with guns. tl;dr nerfed beast mode

Sweep:

Yours

Sweeps enemies off their feet within a medium radius, does mediocre damage.

Mine

Pushes enemies away and stuns, doing minimal damage.

Suffocate:

Yours

Takes all the air from a single targets lungs, incapacitating them and doing maximum dps.

Mine

Blasts back a single target, stunning and doing maximum damage.

Whiplash:

Yours

Boosts the next charged melee attack to have maximum damage.(I think this costs too much energy)

Mine

Probably going to be a damage booster.

EDIT: Doubles all damage for 7 seconds, projectiles go a lot faster.

Edited by Bit_

I think your fourth ability is really cool. I think my second ability (which is basically a nerfed version of your whirlwind) is also a viable choice, so here a comparison of our versions of abilities

Whirlwind:

Yours

sucks in enemies(30 feet?!) and makes you run ridiculously fast and hit really fast tl;dr beast mode

Mine

doesn't suck up enemies, increases speed by 20% while active, makes you immune to bullet and projectile damage, and you can't do dmg with guns. tl;dr nerfed beast mode

Sweep:

Yours

Sweeps enemies off their feet within a medium radius, does mediocre damage.

Mine

Pushes enemies away and stuns, doing minimal damage.

Suffocate:

Yours

Takes all the air from a single targets lungs, incapacitating them and doing maximum dps.

Mine

Blasts back a single target, stunning and doing maximum damage.

Whiplash:

Yours

Boosts the next charged melee attack to have maximum damage.(I think this costs too much energy)

Mine

Probably going to be a damage booster.

EDIT: Doubles all damage for 7 seconds, projectiles go a lot faster.

1st ability: I think your first ability is better because of the stun, which gives you a better chance to melee the enemies.

2nd ability: Whiplash doesn't increase the damage (without Focus on), it increases the range. Basically, this ability would be for dispersing a mob and still doing charge damage to them. I like your idea but it would be too redundant with the ult you thought of.

Ultimate: 30 feet... yeah good point, that is ridiculous, I didn't really think about the actual distance :P I'll change it to 5 meters. But 200% of walking speed isn't any faster than sprinting (consider that Ember can sprint with her ult). Even though I would personally only make this frame if it had my Whirlwind, I don't think we should throw out your idea. Maybe it could be a personal buff in the way that Ember and Rhino have theirs for their 2nd abilities. Your ult idea makes incredible sense as an ability for this Warframe, especially if you're using a weapon like the Ogrid or Acrid, but I don't think it's dramatic enough to be the ult. Also, I think if we used that ability, we could make it so that it decreases the spread for shotguns/assault rifles because it would be directed by the Turbulence (do you think that would be a good name for that ability?).

Maybe we could do your current ult idea (although that makes the frame less melee-based, it still would make sense) or your 2nd ability idea for the 2nd ability, then do either Whiplash (which means I'd have to tune down the range-increase and knock-back) or the stun ability you created for the first, then either Suffocate or your third, then Whirlwind or whatever you can decide for the ult.

What do you think?

EDIT: I should've read your ult idea instead of inferring it from your post :P (I'm thinking you should rename it to Tempest)

Edited by Novashank