Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recent Changes

TheGiantFox

I've been inactive recently and I heard that there were big changes to the game's systems.

I've seen a lot of complaints about these changes, but I'm not really sure about what has changed. Can anyone help explain these changes to me?

Also, also, are status shotguns like Tigris Prime really not viable anymore because of the update?

14 minutes ago, TheGiantFox said:

I've been inactive recently and I heard that there were big changes to the game's systems.

I've seen a lot of complaints about these changes, but I'm not really sure about what has changed. Can anyone help explain these changes to me?

Also, also, are status shotguns like Tigris Prime really not viable anymore because of the update?

this is the xbox cliff notes for the revist , should match with whats changed on pc. 

Ok, in brief.

Enemy effective health related changes (the really big changes)

All frames now have a baseline of 100 armour. Shields take 25% reduced damage, and you're invincible for about a second after they deplete. Squishies are still squishy but can't be one-shot as easily.

Corpus also have shield gating, being momentarily invincible after losing shields. However, if there's any overspill damage, they'll take 5% of that, meaning very high damage will still kill very weak Corpus. Hitting the head will bypass shieldgating.

Armour scaling is dramatically reduced past level 75.

Status effects are capped at 80% armour strip (other sources of strip are unaffected) and Corrosive now has a timer instead of being permanent.

Slash no longer bypasses shields (regular 'true' damage does however AFAIK).

Viral now increases damage dealt rather than halving enemy health. Functionally pretty similar, except for the fact this can now stack to some degree, up to 325% damage boost. Magnetic has been changed the same way. Pretty much every status effect now stacks but is pretty similar or not really worth mentioning. Except Gas and impact. Gas is now pretty bad in general, and Impact... honestly is kind of inconsistent. Sometimes it results in way too many knockdowns, sometimes it's just a bunch of staggers, at least from my testing.

Shotguns now scale status per-pellet properly - 100% status on them no longer means a status proc per pellet. However, the armour and viral changes means that many 100% status guns are still great, and any other weapon that can naturally surpass 100% status now has a chance to proc multiple effects per damage instance. It should be noted that Exergis, due to its low base pellet count, can still hit 100% status chance per pellet, and even surpass it. Kohm is really odd due to it's 'more pellet per spool' mechanic.

Corrosive projection can no longer fully strip armour when run fully in a team.

All base status mods now increase status by 90%. They're actually really good if you're looking to get a specific status effect.

Some other important stuff

Self-damage is gone, replaced with self stagger. Some AoE weapons that didn't have self damage have self stagger, albeit usually quite a small amount.

AoE damage now has radial fall off. Used to be up to 90% and still is on some, but it varies from weapon to weapon now.

Enemy Grenades now have indicators so you don't get blindsided.

There's a new punch-through resistant elite shield lancer. It may be that regular and elites can spawn together (which is new I believe)

You can no longer equip two of the same arcane. Most arcanes can now be ranked up to level 5 to somewhat compensate, and there's been some buffs/nerfs therein.

AI is a bit less accurate at higher levels.

Rising Tide costs reduced, and the difference has been refunded.

There's more, but I believe that's the 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

this is the xbox cliff notes for the revist , should match with whats changed on pc. 

Thanks for the link!

I just read through it and it doesn't sound that bad, but is the addition to staggers for some non self damage weapons as inconvenient as it sounds?

• Like 1

Tenno got an overall buff. The game is a bit easier. This has been interpreted by some as a nerf.

Shotguns got a sidegrade. The Tigris Prime can kill a lvl 170 corrupted heavy gunner in one shot, though you may need to change your build.

4 minutes ago, schilds said:

Tenno got an overall buff. The game is a bit easier. This has been interpreted by some as a nerf.

Shotguns got a sidegrade. The Tigris Prime can kill a lvl 170 corrupted heavy gunner in one shot, though you may need to change your build.

I had a 100% status chance build on my Tigris Prime, what should be changed?

13 minutes ago, TheGiantFox said:

I had a 100% status chance build on my Tigris Prime, what should be changed?

If you're building for Grineer armour, you probably had a corrosive build, which is still the element you want against high level Grineer armour, but you'll want to rebalance your stats for more damage rather than status. Corrosive caps at a stack of 10, so you only need enough status to get those 10 procs on. Maybe with heat for it's additional 50% armour reduction. So swap out maybe two dual stat mods for something else (Blaze, Vicious Spread, Vigilante Armaments, etc).

Edited by schilds

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Ok, in brief.

Enemy effective health related changes (the really big changes)

All frames now have a baseline of 100 armour. Shields take 25% reduced damage, and you're invincible for about a second after they deplete. Squishies are still squishy but can't be one-shot as easily.

Corpus also have shield gating, being momentarily invincible after losing shields. However, if there's any overspill damage, they'll take 5% of that, meaning very high damage will still kill very weak Corpus. Hitting the head will bypass shieldgating.

Armour scaling is dramatically reduced past level 75.

Status effects are capped at 80% armour strip (other sources of strip are unaffected) and Corrosive now has a timer instead of being permanent.

Slash no longer bypasses shields (regular 'true' damage does however AFAIK).

Viral now increases damage dealt rather than halving enemy health. Functionally pretty similar, except for the fact this can now stack to some degree, up to 325% damage boost. Magnetic has been changed the same way. Pretty much every status effect now stacks but is pretty similar or not really worth mentioning. Except Gas and impact. Gas is now pretty bad in general, and Impact... honestly is kind of inconsistent. Sometimes it results in way too many knockdowns, sometimes it's just a bunch of staggers, at least from my testing.

Shotguns now scale status per-pellet properly - 100% status on them no longer means a status proc per pellet. However, the armour and viral changes means that many 100% status guns are still great, and any other weapon that can naturally surpass 100% status now has a chance to proc multiple effects per damage instance. It should be noted that Exergis, due to its low base pellet count, can still hit 100% status chance per pellet, and even surpass it. Kohm is really odd due to it's 'more pellet per spool' mechanic.

Corrosive projection can no longer fully strip armour when run fully in a team.

All base status mods now increase status by 90%. They're actually really good if you're looking to get a specific status effect.

Some other important stuff

Self-damage is gone, replaced with self stagger. Some AoE weapons that didn't have self damage have self stagger, albeit usually quite a small amount.

AoE damage now has radial fall off. Used to be up to 90% and still is on some, but it varies from weapon to weapon now.

Enemy Grenades now have indicators so you don't get blindsided.

There's a new punch-through resistant elite shield lancer. It may be that regular and elites can spawn together (which is new I believe)

You can no longer equip two of the same arcane. Most arcanes can now be ranked up to level 5 to somewhat compensate, and there's been some buffs/nerfs therein.

AI is a bit less accurate at higher levels.

Rising Tide costs reduced, and the difference has been refunded.

There's more, but I believe that's the 

Whoa, thanks for the summary!

The changes to slash and viral sounds a tad bit annoying, is it still viable on builds? I have Viral+Slash on my Vasto P and Zaw.

Also, how does the stagger on non self damage weapons work? Does it stagger you when you shoot it or?

Just now, schilds said:

If you're building for Grineer armour, you probably had a corrosive build, which is still the element you want against high level Grineer armour, but you'll want to rebalance your stats for more damage rather than status. Corrosive caps at a stack of 10, so you only need enough status to get those 10 procs on. So swap out maybe two dual stat mods for something else (Blaze, Vicious Spread, Vigilante Armaments, etc).

I have a viral+slash build on my Tigris P, but I do use Corrosive build sometimes.

21 minutes ago, TheGiantFox said:

I have a viral+slash build on my Tigris P, but I do use Corrosive build sometimes.

Well, you'll make similar changes. Just tested this build: Primed Point Blank, Vigilante Armaments, Toxic Barrage, Frigid Blast, Shotgun Savvy, Sweeping Serration, Vicious Spread and Hell's Chamber.  Chilling Reload and Blaze worked in place of Shotgun Savvy. Primed Ravage and Blunderbuss also worked, could probably also try Motus Setup. Haven't really tested which is best out of all of those.

Still one headshot (ok, one double tap), though you have to wait a little for the slash to take effect.

[edit] Ok, after a little testing, I think crit works best. Anyway, basically it's no longer necessarily optimal to stack status at the expense of damage.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, schilds said:

Well, you'll make similar changes. Just tested this build: Primed Point Blank, Vigilante Armaments, Toxic Barrage, Frigid Blast, Shotgun Savvy, Sweeping Serration, Vicious Spread and Hell's Chamber.  Chilling Reload and Blaze worked in place of Shotgun Savvy. Primed Ravage and Blunderbuss also worked, could probably also try Motus Setup. Haven't really tested which is best out of all of those.

Still one headshot (ok, one double tap), though you have to wait a little for the slash to take effect.

Hmmm, interesting!

I'll try it out!

Thanks a lot for your help!