Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Venari be infected by wild Vasca?

tprx

Question

10 answers to this question

11 hours ago, tprx said:

I'm looking forward to create a Vasca Kavat, and I was considering using Khora's Venari plus a companion Kavat to get both genetic imprints in one go. But can Venari be infected?

Thanks!

Venari is a power, not an actual kavat. 

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

Venari can be scanned but for no gain. She is however, Khora's exotic weapon like Valkyr's claws, Excalibur's Exalted Blade etc. If we could, Venari-kavats would rock but sadly nope; nearest is the wild Kavat or Moonless which we can use as a look. So far she's just got little lore in that she's Khora's custom hand-raised kavat of unknown breed who forms a bond with her to the point they are two minds, one purpose. Even when you play Khora like I do as she's my main, Venari can only be summoned in missions or briefly on Cetus/Fortuna if you change her in the Arsenal tab- so she's never wandering our ship nor does she need a Stasis pod. Sorry hun...

On 2020-03-13 at 5:24 AM, GentlePuppet said:

Last time I saw you can't scan venari for imprints I'm going to assume no.

Weirdly we can scan her with Synthesis Scanner, she does contribute to Simaris reputation but sadly it yields nothing; not even DNA Codes which kinda makes sense as we'd farm the hell out of them if it were the case. So you are right in we get zip but we can still scan the kitty - something any other personal Kavat cannot do. Weird no?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

we can still scan the kitty - something any other personal Kavat cannot do

You can scan any Companion, or those of other players in any case, not 100% sure about your own.

Ability-created creatures like Atlas' Rumblers or Bonedaddy's Shadows Of The Dead can also be scanned in general.

17 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

You can scan any Companion, or those of other players in any case, not 100% sure about your own.

Ability-created creatures like Atlas' Rumblers or Bonedaddy's Shadows Of The Dead can also be scanned in general.

I've never been able to scan Vaquaera, my Smeeta. Not tried to scan someone else's being that most are too busy speedrunning everything to stay put to find out 😋

12 hours ago, GentlePuppet said:

I didn't mean we can't scan venari with the codec scanner, we can do that, when I said "Can't scan for Imprints" I meant we can't use the incubator's genetic tools to scan for an imprint with venari...

I know, I did say I agreed with you in my post 😊. I still find it weird we can scan Venari for Simaris rep but that's all we get and can't scan our Adarza/Smeeta/Vasca for Simaris rep too.