Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Weapon Fuse Should Keep Forma if Fuse New or Old Element

Educated_Beast

So I misunderstood the kuva weapon fuse method as described in a question asked in the "players helping players" forma and wiki.  I guess I read it quick because I assumed the system would be intuitive, but its not.  

I farmed for a radiation kuva bramma and leveled it up with 5 forma.  I then decided to go for the cold empherma so spawned a cold kuva bramma next.  After spending the time killing my lich, I learn that the weapon you forma, is not the weapon that keeps the element, the element of the new weapon replaces the old.  This wouldn't be a problem except if fuse an old into a new, the forma are lost!  Now I have two choices:

1.) Upgrade damage % and swap to cold, losing desired radiation bonus

2.) Keep radiation element but lose 5-forma

This took me for surprise, I had no idea DE was going to punish players using the system.  We should be able to select either element and fuse, without losing forma or the bonus weapon slot.  Now if I want to upgrade my weapon, I need to farm for a radiation bramma again, which I already have numerous radiation empherma.  This is another reason not to mess with lich or farm for empherma.  This is bad design because it discourages playing the lich system to search for other emphermas.     

DE, please let us keep or replace the element without punishing us by removing the forma!  We can select the element easily at spawn, we get the same bonus percent to either fuse (if fuse new into old or old into new), so why not allow us to play the weapon, forma it up, then keep or swap element (so we can farm other things missing)?  

• Like 2

I agree... it should change.

btw...

Zitat

need to farm for a radiation bramma again, which I already have numerous radiation empherma.

DId you convert one of the Liches? I am farming for the ephemera for ages and would be happy if I could get one of you. Also I hate Radiation liches... 😄

Edited by DarkRuler2500

11 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I agree... it should change.

btw...

DId you convert one of the Liches? I am farming for the ephemera for ages and would be happy if I could get one of you. Also I hate Radiation liches... 😄

No, I didn't really understand the system when I started playing it so I didn't convert the lichs with the empherma (plus, some of the weapons I just wanted as MR fodder).  I also thought that any lich could spawn with any empherma so I thought it was strange I kept getting the same one...

Now if I get it again, I'll have to choose keeping it to trade, or using it to level weapon.  All this could be avoided if we could keep forma when fusing.  I do not understand why they make us choose when selecting element and weapon is possible.  Why punish us with loss of 5 forma if we want to farm emphermas.  

Better to just ignore them I suppose.  I got radiation and electric, I suppose that is enough.  

Valence Fusion

Players can upgrade and/or replace a Kuva weapon’s innate damage bonus with one from another Kuva weapon of the same type (i.e. KuvaSeer Kuva Seer can only be fused with another Kuva Seer). This process destroys the donor weapon and overrides the host Kuva weapon's element while retaining any applied Formas, Orokin Catalyst, Focus Lens, Mod configurations, Appearance configuration, Lich name, etc.

it says here it retains any applied formas etc.

So is this wrong? (this is from the wiki)

19 minutes ago, droidyboy said:

So is this wrong? (this is from the wiki)

Not wrong, exactly, but poor wording.  It would be more clear if it said something like

This process destroys the donor weapon and any applied Formas, Orokin Catalyst, and Focus Lens, while overriding the host weapon's element.   The host Kuva weapon retains any applied Formas, Orokin Catalyst, Focus Lens, Mod configurations, Appearance configuration, Lich name, etc.

Have the same issue.  Lost 4 forma, greater focus lens, and a blue potato to a Valence Fusion in the name of boosting the innate heat damage I wanted.  Apparently if you plan on fusing your way to a better weapon, you need to farm the bonus damage up first, because you're going to get screwed out of forma/lens/tatos otherwise...  The lack of a big WARNING: YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE YOUR FORMA/LENS/POTATOES ON THIS ITEM BECAUSE THEY WON'T TRANSFER seems like a massive oversight.

...Sigh...

Awesome... That means I'm going to be out like 10-12 forma and multiple potatoes when I'm done with my Kuva weapons.

Edited by Cry-Havoc

You can keep forma, you just cannot keep the element.  If you farm for a new empherma (different element), then upgrade damage on weapon with forma, the element changes but keep forma.  If you keep element and start process from new weapon, yes, you lose forma.  The upgrade % is the same regardless of what weapon you choose to use.  

I decided to keep forma and just change bonus element.  It sucks because it is not what I wanted and I'll have to farm a new weapon to get it back, even if I am already at 60%.  

The process should just keep all forma regardless of what weapon you start with.  That will allow you to change element as you desire.  

46 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

You can keep forma, you just cannot keep the element.  If you farm for a new empherma (different element), then upgrade damage on weapon with forma, the element changes but keep forma.  If you keep element and start process from new weapon, yes, you lose forma.  The upgrade % is the same regardless of what weapon you choose to use.  

I decided to keep forma and just change bonus element.  It sucks because it is not what I wanted and I'll have to farm a new weapon to get it back, even if I am already at 60%.  

The process should just keep all forma regardless of what weapon you start with.  That will allow you to change element as you desire.  

then y r u keeping the gun if the element isnt correct in the first place instead of converting the lich and making it tradeable, or hell, getting another with the right element right after to fuse to make it the element u want

your the one choosing the element ffs

1 hour ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

then y r u keeping the gun if the element isnt correct in the first place instead of converting the lich and making it tradeable, or hell, getting another with the right element right after to fuse to make it the element u want

The OP is asking for the ability to choose to keep either the donor weapon or the host weapon's bonus element while still increasing the bonus amount. It's about more choice.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

Yes, I can get another one to change the element back to original.  You think this is reasonable?  If I am happy with damage output (or max already), I have to go through all the lich again, just to put it back to where it was originally.  

What advantage do you get by saying let's delete all forma if you do not want to change elements?  How is this a good thing for you?  We can select the element, we can select the weapon, we can even combine left or right for exact same damage output (only one will change element and keep forma).  This is either an oversight by DE or punishment.  

Just let us keep the forma investment and swap or keep elements based on starting weapon.  I thought all players would be on board....

7 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

Yes, I can get another one to change the element back to original.  You think this is reasonable?  If I am happy with damage output (or max already), I have to go through all the lich again, just to put it back to where it was originally.  

What advantage do you get by saying let's delete all forma if you do not want to change elements?  How is this a good thing for you?  We can select the element, we can select the weapon, we can even combine left or right for exact same damage output (only one will change element and keep forma).  This is either an oversight by DE or punishment.  

Just let us keep the forma investment and swap or keep elements based on starting weapon.  I thought all players would be on board....

how about u farm for the element u want on the gun in the first place so u dont get into this situation?

wanting all of the ephemera isn't an excuse for being dumb and loosing all ur forma

im not saying they shouldn't program it so u can keep the element on the gun when u fuse, im jsut saying its probably not worth thier time, when its a you problem because u chose the element of the gun urself...

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

11 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

how about u farm for the element u want on the gun in the first place so u dont get into this situation?

wanting all of the ephemera isn't an excuse for being dumb and loosing all ur forma

im not saying they shouldn't program it so u can keep the element on the gun when u fuse, im jsut saying its probably not worth thier time, when its a you problem because u chose the element of the gun urself...

1.) I did that, that is the problem.  Since I picked a desired element first, I don't get to keep it.  Good advice would actually be to farm for desired element last on weapons you want to max out. 

Have you fused yet or just being rude because you usually get away with it?  Saying ffs, being dumb, etc. when you obviously didn't read the thread is annoying.  Maybe that's your plan, I guess you succeeded in being a troll.  Congratulations.  

2.) I never lost my forma, I lost my desired element. 

At first I thought you were just a random troll but I can see reading comprehension and writing in general is a real struggle.  

Please, if you cannot be bothered to read a (short) thread and don't have anything useful to add, don't.  Your comments just confuse what is actually the problem and detract from a reasonable request to DE.

TLDR:  Allow us to keep or change element while fusing kuva weapons without losing (forma, potatoe, lens, gravimeg, or exilus slot) investment.  

1 hour ago, Educated_Beast said:

Have you fused yet or just being rude because you usually get away with it?  Saying ffs, being dumb, etc. when you obviously didn't read the thread is annoying.  Maybe that's your plan, I guess you succeeded in being a troll.  Congratulations. 

clearly i have fused weapons... u chose the element on the guns u want to fuse into the gun, that was my  point, u chose every single time

im over 5000 hours in and have mastered every single gun in the game, and 99% of them i have not even leveled at "exp nodes"

clearly didn't fuse the gun 3 times AFTER putting 5 forma into the gun, just to roll heat for when i wanted corrosive heat on everything....

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma