Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's lack of WOF

(PSN)Jason_V_Jade

I know it's old news by now and not everyone cares anymore but I have been thinking if it was really needed to have been removed at all or just altered.

They could have left it in game but changed the augment mod that could have done what the skills do now.

I got the idea from atlas's augment mod that alters how his Ramblers work where you go from several to one big powerful one.

Her update did just thst, instead of several weaker fire balls they do just one now limiting her usefulness of an AOE combat area of denial unit.

Yeah, yeah I heard the same old argument of "just sit there and nute the area" I always felt she was a tad strong but after one hights a threshold and enemies no longer are quickly killed.

Have we not have frames that can nuke areas as well still in the game?

To be honest they could also just have given the option to swap between the new and old skills or an augment mod that could give us back WOF but maybe weaken it by 20% - 25%.

• Like 2

What do you want to discuss in this thread?
DE didn't want the "set it and forget it" style of WoF, so they removed it with her rework, and gave her an awesome new kit. Did you play her since the rework? She is still such a crazy good nuke. But now even against higher level enemies, and not just against low level ones. (And no, this has nothing to do with the changes to the element types.)

• Like 12

They could have done a lot of things but they did what they did and its been a good outcome for her. I haven't particularly used her outside of some speed runs for heat Kuva weapons but the people i play with have been loving the changes.

• Like 1

I enjoy the new Ember but one thing bothers me to no fkin end... the escalating energy cost of her 2 absolutely ruins it for me, the micromanagment on it is annoying and just makes me want to not play her because I know if I want to get the most out of her I have to constantly pay attention to my energy consumption. Venting the heat with 3 is one thing, that's awesome, but her 2 getting more and more and more and more expensive even after venting is just discouraging. Which is why I avoid playing here large majority of the time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

I enjoy the new Ember but one thing bothers me to no fkin end... the escalating energy cost of her 2 absolutely ruins it for me, the micromanagment on it is annoying and just makes me want to not play her because I know if I want to get the most out of her I have to constantly pay attention to my energy consumption. Venting the heat with 3 is one thing, that's awesome, but her 2 getting more and more and more and more expensive even after venting is just discouraging. Which is why I avoid playing here large majority of the time.

Double-tap 2. Sure, you lose a little bit of DR for a short period of time. But in missions where you have problems with your energy, you don't need that much DR anyways. And in higher levels you can make use of Rage or Hunter Adrenaline.

• Like 4

lol so you were one of the players DE didn't like in Old Ember play style. All I can say thanks to players like you, we got the rework. Stop sitting in one spot letting your abilities kill maps without playing the game.

Please play the game sir.

cat play GIF

4 hours ago, (PS4)Jason_V_Jade said:

Yeah, yeah I heard the same old argument of "just sit there and nute the area" I always felt she was a tad strong but after one hights a threshold and enemies no longer are quickly killed.

But if you were to go into high end missions runs you never saw Embers with WOF because it did nothing. Why have frame that killes everything on lower mission and then none on higher missions no one uses??? It was a confusing way of either too good on low level missions and no use on higher level mission.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Jason_V_Jade said:

Have we not have frames that can nuke areas as well still in the game?

All Nukers need nerfs/ reworks. They provide no Co-Op in game. Other players will just sit and collect loot or affinity. Poor design in game.

• Like 7

Ember's a lot better now IMO. effective without being too ridiculous, and managing her heat meter is easy if you just cast 3 every so often and save her ult for when there's groups, rather than wasting it on one or two enemies. nuke spam is not how DE intends people to play, and IMO it's boring AF.

2 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Please play the game sir.

cat play GIF

Oh man I feel so stupid now. I looked at the gif and thought "man! those cats are skilled!" before shamefully realizing they are chasing a laser pointer. :facepalm:

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 6

Yeah world on fire was ember. It was her most iconic skill. Now she's...god knows what the hell she is now. Some sort of armor stripping bot. Her new kit is about as boring and opposite from her original design as you can get.

Tryhards will try to convince you that shes better now. She may very well be, on paper, but certainly isn't fun to play. All they did was homogenize the one true glass cannon the game had. 

Boring rework imo.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Double-tap 2. Sure, you lose a little bit of DR for a short period of time. But in missions where you have problems with your energy, you don't need that much DR anyways. And in higher levels you can make use of Rage or Hunter Adrenaline.

Oh S#&$ I forgot about Rage and HA haha

But still, after like reaching 90% three times it just becomes a ridiculously fast buildup and high expense. It remains annoying.

TBH, I think rework is not bad

survivability increased, dmg increased, fire buffed....

but I no longer use her because no reason to.

sure ithe rework more belenced, but lost her biggest charm point: AUTO KILL

yeah DE hates it, but its really not that OP I must say

WOF is powerful below T3, but that's all

over T4 it only provide close range "1 by 1" crowd control

dont like fire-and-forget ability they say,

and they made Limbo, the AFK master.

Edited by DSAUSAGE

8 hours ago, DSAUSAGE said:

sure ithe rework more belenced, but lost her biggest charm point: AUTO KILL

So you were saying you didnt even play the game with Ember? Thats why you enjoyed her old kit? lol

6 hours ago, Countess_Hapmuhr said:

Press 4 several times and look around, pick up energy balls, rinse and repeat. Ember is more broken now than she's ever been before.

Better than Saryn spores that do maps with one tap of ability. Then press 4 and maps clears. Where is the Co-Op in design?

17 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Oh man I feel so stupid now. I looked at the gif and thought "man! those cats are skilled!" before shamefully realizing they are chasing a laser pointer. :facepalm:

Sorry I didn't mean to do that to you! hahahaha

chappelle show lol GIF

After this last update ember isnt what she was after her rework. Her 3 nolonger instant strips armor and her 4 does way less due to shield gating and the dr. I actually liked playing her as a nuke/support with her dr augment but now she is rather bad in arbi, so/eso and even sorties or kuva survivals.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kwlingo said:

But if you were to go into high end missions runs you never saw Embers with WOF because it did nothing. Why have frame that killes everything on lower mission and then none on higher missions no one uses??? It was a confusing way of either too good on low level missions and no use on higher level mission.

Ah, you see that's actually a more complex turn of events. What you're describing is Old Ember pre-nerf, a frame that was lacking but fine for low-end missions. New players complained that they couldn't get to kill anything(you know they same thing they're saying about Saryn) and begged for a nerf.

BUT, nobody could agree on a nerf, so DE, in a state of "#*!% it, do whatever", halved the radius (which, believe it or not, isn't a 50% cut in range, but a 75% cut), lowered the range, and increased energy cost over time. Now, this change was intended to make Ember more active, but it instead made low-level grinding a pain, and killed Firequake CC Ember builds, which caused her to become a B-tier gun-buffer, because she couldn't do anything else (sad honestly).

A rollback would've never happened. Anybody who played Ember extensively didn't want a rollback, they wanted a good Ember. And despite all the jank, bugs and flaws the rework has, it made Ember viable for high-level play, while letting her complete low-level missions with ease, and also facilitating more versatility in builds.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Blexander said:

A rollback would've never happened. Anybody who played Ember extensively didn't want a rollback, they wanted a good Ember. And despite all the jank, bugs and flaws the rework has, it made Ember viable for high-level play, while letting her complete low-level missions with ease, and also facilitating more versatility in builds.

Exactly, she does require a little more skill to use now versus the old Ember. lol Skill over nukes any day. 🙂

Edited by kwlingo

I am using my Ember (Prime) a lot more since her rework. I never liked the WoF. As other have mentioned it was either just bullet jumping through the level while the ability cleared entire rooms or something that was less than useful on most maps. With Inferno I can summon balls of fire to obliterate hordes of enemies. Yes, Embers Immolation now requires some active management now and Inferno is a manual cast. But I prefer this over just standing afk over the defense objective.

• Like 1

Well now her nukes are not very good and her srmor strip is slower then using weapons to achieve that. I actually liked ember after the rework because she is what i would consider s nuker to be. LoS nukes with some decent self sustainability or group support depending on the augments you used.  Hell prior to this last update i was easily able to reach zone 8nin ESO solo or go 60min+ in arbi but now there is no point in tsking her outta the box when other frames csn do what she did far better then she can now. Its sad really DE is turning tonthis tactic of rock, paper, scissor, cash shop marketing... Like oh look we just reworked this frsme and she is now amazing...boost plat sales... Oops we nerfed her. Haha....

15 hours ago, IEtherI said:

Well now her nukes are not very good

Nukes have no place for Co-Op game. Bad design for Warframe. If DE only needs nukes, they need to remove all other game play tactic's. Or you get people just sitting watching rooms get nuked.

Do you remeber Old Limbo? That explains the same scenario. Even nuke frames couldn't cast their abilities. It was called the Limbo Hate.

• Like 1