Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to stop the corrupted?

(NSW)Riophilip

Question

17 answers to this question

2 hours ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

I can hold my own against the grineer and corpus, but against the void-boys I get squatted on. Any tips for tactics or modding or anything when trying to deal with them?

show us your warframe, build, weapons and mods. Once we gather enough data, we can give an accurate solution...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jivy said:

simple: you shoot them until they die

Trespassers will be shot , Survivors will be SHOT AGAIN !

5 hours ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

I can hold my own against the grineer and corpus, but against the void-boys I get squatted on. Any tips for tactics or modding or anything when trying to deal with them?

Alright back on topic maybe your build is not suited for them can you show us your weapons and frame builds ?

I used to go for corrosive but now i'm more aiming for a mix of viral and radiation from time to time ^.^ 

btw they are suposed to be a little harder so dont worry its normal ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

for melee viral heat on hirudo for me or viral/radiation on dark dagger or heat viral on  GP.

I run Atlas so as to avoid the grabby hands of the ancients and the heavy gunner get clem downs

for primary heat just base it is fun to see them hop around

for secondary i use atomos with heat/viral or cycron with a 5 stat stack

I hope some of this helps you

7 hours ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

The Void Bois, are basically an upgraded firepower and bullet sponge version of the usual Grineer/Corpus enemies you've encountered thus far.

Tactics? Kill more, Die less! (I S#&$ you not, I'm not joking, and neither was the first person that replied to you)

It's basically the same old unit with fancy weapons and effects, with higher stats overall, there's no extra step and/or tactic when dealing with corrupted enemies, aside from the fact you're getting both factions trying to kill you, in berserker mode.

If your weapons are not up to snuff against lvl 40 Grineer/Corpus, assume they're not up to snuff against lvl 30 Corrupted. If you're trying to Facetank everything on a squishy frame, you're doing it wrong, especially against the corrupted, they hit hard.

Either get a tanky frame, and your strongest weapons, or learn to avoid damage as necessary.

Me, personally, I sport Octavia with her mallet, I just dance and watch 'em suicide.
or, Excalibur with melee (Dex Dakra was my first good weapon against the corrupted, ironically, the mission that I had to do for it was lvl 30 corrupted survival Gift Of Lotus, but any strong melee works)

And like someone else in this thread mentioned, without knowing what tools you have available, we can't make suggestions, as you might not have the tools we suggest.

8 hours ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

Is it that you can't kill them quickly, or that they kill you quickly?
Is it tier-4 corrupted, or al corrupted?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

Is it that you can't kill them quickly, or that they kill you quickly?
Is it tier-4 corrupted, or al corrupted?

they kill me quick. I'm refering to the guys at mot. I can clear rooms of level 100 grineer, but at 45-50 corrupted i get oofed

Corrosive is still good, it's more being aware of the mob types to be honest. Prioritise corrupted ancients as they buff enemy resistance to the moon while they're alive, then heavy gunners as they rapid fire at you and the orokin drones as they grant a lot of shields to mobs.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

they kill me quick. I'm refering to the guys at mot. I can clear rooms of level 100 grineer, but at 45-50 corrupted i get oofed

Mot guys deal double damage. Only mission in starchart that has this mechanic. All the replies you got are valid, i'd recomend something really tanky, preferably with status immunity or Handspring mod. You also need a rapid fire weapon to burst bubbles (or Miter with augment) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

Mot guys deal double damage. Only mission in starchart that has this mechanic.

Actually it's TRIPLE damage! And all four nodes in the last arm of the Void have this. (Source: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Void see under "Enemies".)

I really feel there should be a pop-up notification of this at the start of the missions; "Deep Void: enemies deal triple damage" or somesuch.

(The hardest node to solo is actually Aten, it's more demanding than a Sortie 3 MD! You don't notice it in a full squad, 'cos the enemies are usually shooting at the players and dying before they reach the Consoles, but in solo you can't be closer than the Console to all the enemies at once, and the Consoles go down virtually instantly if they start taking hits.)

3 hours ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

You also need a rapid fire weapon to burst bubbles (or Miter with augment)

^ This.

Also, if you put Radiation status on enemies it will remove protection of Corrupted Ancient healing auras (as well as encourage them to attack each other instead of you). That's handy for situations where an enemy you can see is being protected by an Ancient that's lurking around the corner.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

Mot guys deal double damage. Only mission in starchart that has this mechanic. All the replies you got are valid, i'd recomend something really tanky, preferably with status immunity or Handspring mod. You also need a rapid fire weapon to burst bubbles (or Miter with augment) 

Actually, isn't the +200% damage debuff on allies for all the tier-4 void missions?

Either way, the answer is to keep moving and just not let them shoot you. That or go super defensive, layering multiple sources of damage reduction and healing.

Constant CC is also an option, but harder to pull off.

Edited by TheArcSet

as aforementioned, Void IV is different from the rest of the game as Enemies deal several times more Damage than normal. Parkour and Survivability tactics will be important in those particular Missions. CC is also useful ofcourse.

Edited by taiiat