[DE]Taylor

Devstream 140 Overview

a352e32dbeffd1148c5ede8c5892f1d5_845x230

We’re back on the couch this week with a look at a new Operation, and a new Prime Warframe! This is a gameplay-heavy stream, so as always, be sure to watch the full stream for all of the details. If you’re looking for a recap of what was discussed, keep on reading in our overview here: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-140-overview

• Like 9

It's good to hear that I can probably ignore railjack existing for this event and just do ground missions.

Though on the subject of railjack, one of the archwing changes proposed made me laugh. An automatic follow mode to focus on your guns while dogfighting? Is there a plan to make archguns NOT deliberately terrible in railjack or something?

• Like 2

Ash Deluxe is looking so cool! Also hyped for stance mods and an alternative to eidolons to get arcanes! tho i'm afraid it'll be a lot of grinding to get everything I want 😞 but mayhaps the new operation will be an event that will be repeated in the future?

• Like 1

Stance Forma is not something that the community will usse because everyone just asks what is the better stance one a weapon there are some cases in which there are stances that are close to one another but people don't change around stances not because they will lose points but because they already put the forma to change to the better stance stance polarity should not exist the player should be rewarded for farming the stance and if he/she wants to change the stance let him/her do it anytime not farm an event and then 10 nitain and the wait 12 hours and then relevel the weapon it's a lot of grind for nothing.

3 hours ago, IeroFyre said:

Titania Prime is a dream, my wallet is ready

mine too my friend, mine too lol

• Like 1

Why are you still keeping the impact staggers? 
Meanwhile you broke so many things that knock down because they used blast procs to do so.

5 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

It's good to hear that I can probably ignore railjack existing for this event and just do ground missions.

Though on the subject of railjack, one of the archwing changes proposed made me laugh. An automatic follow mode to focus on your guns while dogfighting? Is there a plan to make archguns NOT deliberately terrible in railjack or something?

your arch guns are not comparable to railjack mk3 turret guns in Empyrean content?

Looking forward to having status effect my Lich.

If I can't get down and dirty against an enemy with my Shaku, then I ain't interested. 😉

Ok so are we going to have Ash deluxe in this month and is he going to have some new cool looking armor set attachments to fit his new hooded style 😁🤔

So that's the new event? Another mobile defense? Another copy-paste of a "just stay there and kill whatever comes close"? Seriously, not a single original idea to break the monotony of the same missions we are doing since years? I thought that with disruption you started to learn...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, DebrisFlow said:

So that's the new event? Another mobile defense? Another copy-paste of a "just stay there and kill whatever comes close"? Seriously, not a single original idea to break the monotony of the same missions we are doing since years? I thought that with disruption you started to learn...

The innovation is that another squad has to wait for you to finish your waves before they can do their next wave.

I'm being snarky but I am looking forward to more information because I agree with you that it honestly doesn't look like much of anything different than what we already do all day (which is fun, of course, buuuuuuut....)

The Ground mission looks fun in a hectic way, but the space mission does NOT.  Space mission just looks like wandering around trying to survive endless harassment by the most irritating enemies in the game.

Edited by moondog548

Posted (edited)
On 2020-03-13 at 8:18 PM, .durandle. said:

your arch guns are not comparable to railjack mk3 turret guns in Empyrean content?

I wouldn't know! I haven't used any mk3 railjack guns to compare them to! But I've used fully modded archguns, and boy, they start feeling completely abysmal by Saturn! The only thing that was previously propping them up was how completely broken Particle status was, and that's been (rightfully) nerfed now.

I keep seeing this argument by people that archwings deserve to be complete garbage in railjack, when they've been continually presented as being a core part of it the entire time. Archwing controls got reworked specifically for it, they've been talking about modular archwings specifically for it, their splash arts feature archwings going out and dogfighting alongside the railjack, they've now talked about how they plan to add an automatic following mode for dogfighting in railjack, all of the tier 8 intrinsics are archwing boosts. HIgher than the requirement to get into the last area!

except alongside all of this, DE went out of their way to make archguns completely awful for it, and enemy damage is tuned so high around the 6k health 3k armor railjack that archwings also have no survivability. making the 20% survival boost tier 8 intrinsic ESPECIALLY hilarious. Isn't it weird how there are hitscan railjack turrets (and every on-foot guns people were using at full function in space due to glitches) but DE nerfed all archguns to have travel time and then claimed the reason for it was some kind of computation issue? They also massively nerfed the base damage of every archgun upon empyrean release, completely unlisted and by different amounts, and have STILL never acknowledged that they did so.

Archguns should probably be worse than optimized railjack turrets. But they also should be a hell of a lot better than they are now, and DE just keeps ignoring that while doing things that suggest they're pretending otherwise.

not really directed at you, by the way, just a general topic i've been very irritated by DE's handling of

Edited by OvisCaedo

On 2020-03-15 at 2:59 PM, OvisCaedo said:

I wouldn't know! I haven't used any mk3 railjack guns to compare them to! But I've used fully modded archguns, and boy, they start feeling completely abysmal by Saturn! The only thing that was previously propping them up was how completely broken Particle status was, and that's been (rightfully) nerfed now.

radiation is the only damage type to run for empyrian content atm with cold for status procs
though i guess an argument could be made for blast and electric as that will deal a little more damage and the proc is almost as good

I keep seeing this argument by people that archwings deserve to be complete garbage in railjack, when they've been continually presented as being a core part of it the entire time. Archwing controls got reworked specifically for it, they've been talking about modular archwings specifically for it, their splash arts feature archwings going out and dogfighting alongside the railjack, they've now talked about how they plan to add an automatic following mode for dogfighting in railjack, all of the tier 8 intrinsics are archwing boosts. HIgher than the requirement to get into the last area!

yeah the engineering 8 intrinsic is kind of trivial as amesha is the only viable archwing atm unless you want to be a perma stealth itzal but that sounds painful to play
amesha's 1 lets you survive long enough to do anything and 3 massively helps you catch and kill fighters

but DE nerfed all archguns to have travel time and then claimed the reason for it was some kind of computation issue? They also massively nerfed the base damage of every archgun upon empyrean release, completely unlisted and by different amounts, and have STILL never acknowledged that they did so.

they didn't nerf archguns to my knowledge they just have a 95% damage reduction and it is kind of understandable but de should have just made railjack weapons deal 20x damage and give the enemies 20x health to compensate also there is less computation for a hitscan weapon than a weapon that fires projectiles so that reason seems off but fair enough
95% dr reference from the wiki
https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/eguavq/empyrean_problems_brozime/fcmadmr/

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, .durandle. said:

they didn't nerf archguns to my knowledge they just have a 95% damage reduction and it is kind of understandable but de should have just made railjack weapons deal 20x damage and give the enemies 20x health to compensate also there is less computation for a hitscan weapon than a weapon that fires projectiles so that reason seems off but fair enough
95% dr reference from the wiki
https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/eguavq/empyrean_problems_brozime/fcmadmr/

It was both!

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/ea35p5/all_archguns_seem_to_have_taken_a_undocumented/

Every single archgun nerfed in damage. Not even just for railjack, they got nerfed for actual archwing missions, too. Unfortunately the way the wiki is formatted still shows the current stats even if you try to look at a past revision, so the best official record of what the old space stats were are from these patch notes, where the changes in stats from space to atmosphere were listed.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1044890-fortuna-the-profit-taker-update-242/

and as best as I've been able to tell (and I've generally followed this stuff), DE has absolutely NEVER admitted that they did this. It was never in any patch notes, and the wiki doesn't even list it in the change history despite having updated to the new nerfed stats because there was no official acknowledgement of it.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1

fair enough i thought cyngas damage numbers looked low but i so rarely had a reason to even use the weapon let alone look at it's stats/mods that i just assumed i was mis remembering
and yeah i wish the wiki had a log of changes that was easily visible as it would be so useful to track things
even it it was just a noticed in update x it would be better