Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for the Energize nerf, I hate it.

Morningrise

I used to have two max rank Energizes, which was the best thing I achieved in warframe, because of the amount of time, effort and monetary investment that it required from me. All of that preparation and investment allowed me to stack those two and explore whacky negative efficiency build and not worry about energy and you know...have fun!

Now you take that away from me and tell me that not only does the new max rank Energize require more than DOUBLE the amount of arcanes to get form rank 3 to 5, but the end product is pure garbage to what it used to be. Why? Why do you insist on punishing people who care about your game?

Also since I'm already writing this, thanks for the nerf to chroma without a way to get my umbral formas back. I'm not even a fan of chroma, it's just a useful tool for eidolons and orbs. Now I'm stuck with a worse version of that frame that's wasting 2 of my umbrals. The choice of using them on chroma wasn't easy to begin with, it just felt at the time that it'd be the most efficient in the long run. Guess I was wrong huh?

Railjack did a number on my enjoyment of the game and overall motivation to keep it on my SSD, but this arcane rework just leaves me wondering why I should bother with anything after this at all. 

Here's my feedback, do what you want with it, I don't even care anymore.

Edit: Oh yeah, Energize requires more, is terrible now, but is it easier to get? Nah, still the same 5%. Punishing grind for no reward? Love it. 

Edited by Morningrise
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, Morningrise said:

Railjack did a number on my enjoyment of the game and overall motivation to keep it on my SSD, but this arcane rework just leaves me wondering why I should bother with anything after this at all. 

If you don't want to play the game, don't. It really isn't complicated. I am fairly neutral on this arcane 'nerf' thing. When you don't require a specific arcane setup to do what you need it is a lot easier to not care.

• Perhaps you should explain a little about what makes this so terrible for you.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If you don't want to play the game, don't. It really isn't complicated. I am fairly neutral on this arcane 'nerf' thing. When you don't require a specific arcane setup to do what you need it is a lot easier to not care.

• Perhaps you should explain a little about what makes this so terrible for you.

" All of that preparation and investment allowed me to stack those two and explore whacky negative efficiency build and not worry about energy and you know...have fun!"

Already did.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Also I love the logic of "Don't like it, dont play it". Yeah, I'm sure that's gonna work out. Keep repeating it to everyone who have a complaint, the game will be dead in no time. Why bother with feedback at all? 

Bugs? Nerfs? Content drought? Don't like it, don't play it, hurr durr.

• Like 4

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Morningrise:

Now you take that away from me and tell me that not only does the new max rank Energize require more than DOUBLE the amount of arcanes to get form rank 3 to 5, but the end product is pure garbage to what it used to be. Why? Why do you insist on punishing people who care about your game?

well if you have 2 rank 3 arcane energize you only need one more to get your new rank 5 one, the whole idea that they only did this to increse the grind is kinda stupid as for 95% of the arcanes you also just get a better version then it was before so of course yo have to grind a bit to get the better version, if you dont grind your arcanes still have the same power.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Morningrise:

I used to have two max rank Energizes, which was the best thing I achieved in warframe, because of the amount of time, effort and monetary investment that it required from me. All of that preparation and investment allowed me to stack those two and explore whacky negative efficiency build and not worry about energy and you know...have fun!

yes it is sad that your wacky and interestin negative efficiency builds doesnt work as well now, but for most of the playerbase this change is is either a buff or it doesnt really matter bc for most builds you are not using 175+ energy every 15 sec. This is not sarcams btw im really sad for you that tis doesnt work anymore (or at least not on the same scale and with the same build).

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Morningrise:

Also since I'm already writing this, thanks for the nerf to chroma without a way to get my umbral formas back. I'm not even a fan of chroma, it's just a useful tool for eidolons and orbs. Now I'm stuck with a worse version of that frame that's wasting 2 of my umbrals. The choice of using them on chroma wasn't easy to begin with, it just felt at the time that it'd be the most efficient in the long run. Guess I was wrong huh? 

the removel of self damage barely effects Chrome doing self damage to yourself wasnever really necessary for any normal missions as you take enough damage and even for eidolon runs you could take enough damage in a short time to get your buff up for the rest of the hunt. And that is fast enough for 4-5 runs a night easily probably even more and if you wanted to go for 6 or more you wouldnt use chroma anyway. Also why you put 2 umbral forma on a frame that doesnt even need one is beyond me as he can fit 2 of the mods fairly easily and running umbral fiber on him is a waste of a mod slot, maybe one o i can understand if all your umbral mods are max rank but still.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Morningrise:

Edit: Oh yeah, Energize requires more, is terrible now, but is it easier to get? Nah, still the same 5%. Punishing grind for no reward? Love it. 

Yes the drop chance on eidolons is this the same, but we are getting an event in which we can just by arcanes with the event currency, which even by passes bad RNG which is something people always complain about, i personally will see how obtainable the rare arcanes will be with the event and then see if its too hard or too easy.

3 minutes ago, HonorGuard2074 said:

Personally I don't see how the nerf effects most builds but negative effiency ones,which I can see it effecting those,But I suggest you simply use the current one or adjust your build,also calming down would be a good idea for ya

Doesn't affect you, so I guess it's not an issue at all then. Thanks. What other things don't you use so they can just nerf it or delete it altogether?

And thanks for the advice. It's not like I am already using the current one and already adjusted my builds. It's S#&$ now, that's why I have a problem. 

Imagine that you were a WoW player who did raids and got the best gear in the game which took you hundreds of hours, only for the devs to nerf it to such an extent that you may as well just make a new character with a different class. Once DE piss on what you consider an achievement, then you can give me some advice.

Also I couldn't care less how you think the nerfs affect most builds and I couldn't care less about most builds. I care about my mine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, n.ull. said:

well if you have 2 rank 3 arcane energize you only need one more to get your new rank 5 one, the whole idea that they only did this to increse the grind is kinda stupid as for 95% of the arcanes you also just get a better version then it was before so of course yo have to grind a bit to get the better version, if you dont grind your arcanes still have the same power.

"better version than it was before" Are you trolling? How is it any better when it has a 15 second cooldown and can't be stacked? I used to be able to get almost 300 energy from 1 orb from a double proc without any cooldowns, now I get a measly 150 once every 15 seconds. 

7 minutes ago, n.ull. said:

but for most of the playerbase this change is is either a buff or it doesnt really matter

Then I guess it's fine to punish the dedicated players, as long as the MR10s are unaffected. And it's not a buff, the proc chance is superficial at best, everything else is a nerf on every front.

11 minutes ago, n.ull. said:

Also why you put 2 umbral forma on a frame that doesnt even need one is beyond me

A great many things are beyond you it seems. Just because you don't know something, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. It was a build for soloing profit taker as fast as possible without being annoyed by all the bullS#&$ that's thrown at you constantly. Being able to do eidolons easily was just a bonus.

And sure, the nerf to explosive damage didn't affect chroma that much, but as far as I'm concerned their policy is to dish out nerfs to anything they want without considering the resources wasted. Guess I just shoulda held on to my umbrals forever, my mistake.

16 minutes ago, n.ull. said:

Yes the drop chance on eidolons is this the same, but we are getting an event in which we can just by arcanes with the event currency, which even by passes bad RNG which is something people always complain about, i personally will see how obtainable the rare arcanes will be with the event and then see if its too hard or too easy.

Oh you still think DE will make this better with this event? You sweet summer child. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Morningrise said:

Doesn't affect you, so I guess it's not an issue at all then. Thanks. What other things don't you use so they can just nerf it or delete it altogether?

And thanks for the advice. It's not like I am already using the current one and already adjusted my builds. It's S#&$ now, that's why I have a problem. 

Imagine that you were a WoW player who did raids and got the best gear in the game which took you hundreds of hours, only for the devs to nerf it to such an extent that you may as well just make a new character with a different class. Once DE piss on what you consider an achievement, then you can give me some advice.

Also I couldn't care less how you think the nerfs affect most builds and I couldn't care less about most builds. I care about my mine.

again,I suggest you calm down

And when did I say I did not say I never used it,did I?

Otherwise I say it is not as much as a nerf as you think it is,again I heard this several times prior in the last 6 or 7 years I been with warframe,and I have never played WoW,but I have several games that I enjoyed that died (Firefall as a example) Which felt bad,but I got over it and moved on

• Like 1

"Oh no, DE nerfed soemthing most relayed on." I mean come on, if you play long enough you know that something that is overused will be nerfed soon.

If you can't play without it at all then you did soemthing wrong i say, playing for the fun and gameplay is not enough anymore, people are so focused on "endgame" and for what? To show of? Because this is all i see with such builds and complains, people soloing things or not able to in this case anymore.

Don't get me wrong the game has alot of broken things that need fixing and blaancing but arcanes i see as bonus, nothing more, same goes for Rivens and such.

They should not be mandatory, just maximizing if you want but not ridiclious OP, want unlimited energy? Take a Trinity in your team, or Harrow, etc. CO-OP game, you know.

And yes, connection can be crap for bad hosts, and yes you CAN play Solo, it still nto changes that the game is open and certain "endgame" is more efficent in a team simply.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HonorGuard2074 said:

again,I suggest you calm down

And when did I say I did not say I never used it,did I?

Otherwise I say it is not as much as a nerf as you think it is,again I heard this several times prior in the last 6 or 7 years I been with warframe,and I have never played WoW,but I have several games that I enjoyed that died (Firefall as a example) Which felt bad,but I got over it and moved on

I also never played WoW, was just an example of a generic mmo that everyone know about. 

Well clearly you don't use it as much, since you don't consider it a big nerf. If it was essential to how you play the game, you'd probably have a different take.

And I agree, it feels bad, but maybe it's time to move on to better games. 

The only reason I even came back was to make use of the double resources weekend and got lucky with a login bonus resource booster, so I thought I'd use the quadruple resources while I still can. Went into like 10 missions with some of my favourite frames and realised how S#&$ everything is now even with rank 5 arcanes. 

So yeah, back to Monster Hunter World. 

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Morningrise:

"better version than it was before" Are you trolling? How is it any better when it has a 15 second cooldown and can't be stacked? I used to be able to get almost 300 energy from 1 orb from a double proc without any cooldowns, now I get a measly 150 once every 15 seconds. 

Then I guess it's fine to punish the dedicated players, as long as the MR10s are unaffected. And it's not a buff, the proc chance is superficial at best, everything else is a nerf on every front.

And sure, the nerf to explosive damage didn't affect chroma that much, but as far as I'm concerned their policy is to dish out nerfs to anything they want without considering the resources wasted. Guess I just shoulda held on to my umbrals forever, my mistake.

I was talking about the overal buff to arcanes and while you with your super inefficiant builds get the short stick most every other player just gets stronger arcanes. As for the majority of players around 200 energy every 15 sec plus the obs you can pick up in the time if there are even any

And no this isnt just benefiting the low MR players that this is again a buff to most poeple even those like me with pretty much complete arcane collections.

If you really think that one frame slightly benefiting from self damage is enough to just not do this change that a seemingly large part of the commuity was hoping for, i just dont know what is wrong with you. Chroma is just as good at everything he was good at before now, as he was before these changes. 

this game is always in fluxe and you should expect changes and if thióse changes impact recouces you infested before then that is unfortunate, but that just happens sometimes. And sometimes DE wants or is able to "repay" us by f´giving us forma or endo, but even if that doesnt happen every time i think its still fine.

But again bc i want to drive this point home OVERALL for the MAJORITY of the playerbase that are effected at all by these changes arcanes got BUFFED, sure some of the very best didnt get buffed, but they are in most cases still extremly good. Tbh in my opinion the arcane that got bumm #*!%ed the most is Arcane Grace.

1 minute ago, n.ull. said:

I was talking about the overal buff to arcanes and while you with your super inefficiant builds get the short stick most every other player just gets stronger arcanes. As for the majority of players around 200 energy every 15 sec plus the obs you can pick up in the time if there are even any

I agree, but why is it the arcane that's the most valuable and hard to get getting shafted? They couldn't be bothered to come up with an endgame, so I made one for myself, in turn they punish me for it. Fkn yikes man. What else are they gonna take away from me next? Do I really wanna stick around to find out or should I just cut my losses quickly? The latter seems more reasonable at the moment.

3 minutes ago, n.ull. said:

If you really think that one frame slightly benefiting from self damage is enough to just not do this change that a seemingly large part of the commuity was hoping for, i just dont know what is wrong with you. Chroma is just as good at everything he was good at before now, as he was before these changes. 

I was greatly in favour of the self damage removal. I just think that when they added Umbral formas they also should've added ways/tools to extract those formas from warframes. This would've covered their asses in all future changes. And heck, I could finally put an umbral forma on one of my melee weapons for once without worrying about wasting it. Wouldn't that be great? This has been brought up many many times, but does DE care? Nah. What else don't they care about? Remember that huge list of things that the community have been complaining about for 3-4 years? Pepperidge farm remembers.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Morningrise:

I agree, but why is it the arcane that's the most valuable and hard to get getting shafted? They couldn't be bothered to come up with an endgame, so I made one for myself, in turn they punish me for it. Fkn yikes man. What else are they gonna take away from me next? Do I really wanna stick around to find out or should I just cut my losses quickly? The latter seems more reasonable at the moment.

I was greatly in favour of the self damage removal. I just think that when they added Umbral formas they also should've added ways/tools to extract those formas from warframes. This would've covered their asses in all future changes. And heck, I could finally put an umbral forma on one of my melee weapons for once without worrying about wasting it. Wouldn't that be great? This has been brought up many many times, but does DE care? Nah. What else don't they care about? Remember that huge list of things that the community have been complaining about for 3-4 years? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Well to be fair it is a rare arcane bc it is soo strong and it still is, sure its not as strong as it was before, but i do think its still worth the time i spend grinding for it. And i mean they were kinda insane before, energize basically gave you the ability to just ignore a critical part of how warframes work and are balanced.

And i do agree that a tool to remove Umbral forma would be nice for some people, the fact that you can earn blueprints for them now though, might mean we wont get that as it is technically now something you can get an infinite amount of even if they are insanly rare. I also have to say i think the community just overreacts often when it comes to nerf, they just see the numbers and see they are lower and might not consider that the same stuff is still good, but just not gamebreakingly good, whcih is in all honesty how it should be, they just wanna try to balance stuff and yes sometimes they #*!% balance up and stuff that was good before isnt anymore.

on a different note you also have to consider that what the community thinks is the best/strongest isnt always that, which leads DE to slightly Buff and nerf stuff sometimes not to actually change the balance but just to let the playerbase think about more option. Like when they said on a Dev stream that crit is king, whcih wasnt the case, but DE knew that a big part of the playerbase thought that so they packaged the d´status changes so that they seemed to shift the meta a lot even if it didnt (except shotguns whcih got a shift in the actual meta)

I mean you know that you can dissolve one of your max leveled arcanes into a bunch of little ones and you propably can make it to the new max level right? 
And even so we speaking of a free to play always updating game, they finally changed something that was broken from the start.
And chroma. you can recast that ability so you only need to "use" it once... you can still just stand under the eidolon foot or run into the face of the orb mother if thats not enough for you thats your problem.

2 hours ago, Morningrise said:

" All of that preparation and investment allowed me to stack those two and explore whacky negative efficiency build and not worry about energy and you know...have fun!"

Already did.

Here’s the thing: I have no problems running negative efficiency builds with no energise at all. That is why I was asking for an explanation. You do not require arcane energise to do what you stated - providing no builds means I have to assume this is the case.

2 hours ago, Morningrise said:

Also I love the logic of "Don't like it, dont play it". Yeah, I'm sure that's gonna work out. Keep repeating it to everyone who have a complaint, the game will be dead in no time. Why bother with feedback at all? 

Bugs? Nerfs? Content drought? Don't like it, don't play it, hurr durr.

I mean, you said it yourself. You don’t know why you bother with anything now. Your whole post is worded like someone who has given up on the game. So, why are you surprised that my take away was that you didn’t want to play? Feedback is good. Saying “I won’t play anymore because of this” is pretty poor.

Just give up and leave.

I'm not one of those geniuses who tell you to do that just because they're not happy because someone is upset in their happy-go-lucky grind-kingdom though.

Developers just don't care about you, since you already have everything. Because you do, you probably will spend less time in the game and thus purchase less stuff than those who don't. Your complaints don't matter to them - you've already "invested" enough and now you refuse to invest more after being robbed. Best way to go about it for you, is to drop it and enjoy a better product instead. Then abandon the ship there and move on once again. That S#&$ happens all the time, its a f2p cycle.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-14 at 9:02 AM, Lone_Dude said:

you've already "invested" enough and now you refuse to invest more after being robbed.

This is the way my whole clan feels, the bad thing is that I liked giving them money to help support them but you can only be robbed of your time and effort so many times .

• Like 1

On 2020-03-14 at 3:29 PM, Morningrise said:

Why? Why do you insist on punishing people who care about your game?

On 2020-03-14 at 3:29 PM, Morningrise said:

Is it easier to get? Nah, still the same 5%. Punishing grind for no reward.

nuff said stan lee GIF

• Like 3