Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Resource Sinks

SpaceNinjaFrame

This is probably been touched on in the past and I'm terribly sorry if I'm ripping of someone's idea. BUT to the point!

So stuff like ferrrite/salvage/nano spores are just building up and I got A LOT and I have no clue on what to do with most of it.

What if they introduced a new crafting specifically for the Gear slot. Right now all i do is stock up on ammo/health/energy for the team and thats about it. So possible items could just add depth to the game i.e. to improve stealth gameplay outside of ash/loki. For instance getting a gadget to attach to control consoles to prevent lock-downs/alerts for X amount of seconds, or a remote/proximity detonating charge.

I dunno thoughts or possibilities?

Grenades and other explosives really don't have a place in Warframe. Why? Because as Scott (from DE) once said in a live stream, ninja's don't use grenades. Ninjas are masters of stealth, explosives are masters of, HEY LOOK AT ME IM OVER HERE.

Anything that would prevent lockdowns/alerts takes aways from the skill of remaining stealth and just makes the game boring as well as too easy. (imho)

You've been playing since last month.. I find it hard to believe you have nothing to build besides team help items.

Edited by KingKeif

They've said that warframe abilities -are- the grenades, for all intents and purposes.

I just want a way to trade resources for credits or other resources.

Anything to "help stealth out" while stealth is so broken and unrewarding would be a waste of time.

You've played less than month, if you continue to build weapons and warframes, you'll complain later about farming the materials. Ferrite is the biggest out of the 3 you specified.  Everyone has an excess of Nano Spores. Salvage is like ferrite, except is easier (imo) to farm for. One more thing, those aren't even the RARE mats, those are supposed to be abundant.

While I do agree the stealth aspect of Warframe is currently lacking from what I think a "Ninja's Play Free" game should be, materials/crafting isn't the best (most direct) way to improve it.

So if you have spare materials, go to the market, buy some Bps, start building stuff.  Not interested? Go on the wiki to learn how to get less readily available weapons like the Primes or Twin Gremlins. As for end-game people who don't have stuff to build, well DUH you built it all! Be patient for more content silly.

Grenades and other explosives really don't have a place in Warframe. Why? Because as Scott (from DE) once said in a live stream, ninja's don't use grenades. Ninjas are masters of stealth, explosives are masters of, HEY LOOK AT ME IM OVER HERE.

Anything that would prevent lockdowns/alerts takes aways from the skill of remaining stealth and just makes the game boring as well as too easy. (imho)

You've been playing since last month.. I find it hard to believe you have nothing to build besides team help items.

I think ninjas used black eggs, we can use something similar to that. Stun the enemy for a few seconds, we also need grappling hooks.

Hahaha I've been dropping an idea for EMP gear in stealth threads lately :3 glad somebody else thought of it too.  If you are in a clan that hasn't built all of its stuff you can dump some stuff in the dojo I guess but mostly we don't have a ton of sinks and honestly making weapons/content with super high resource content has been met with outright hostility when DE has done it in the past.  A poster in this thread suggested it so he can use all his excess stuff, but for people who haven't played long and don't have all of those resource mountains sitting in their bank its a pretty big barrier.  

Resource sinks need to be something is moderately priced, consumable, useful, and easy to obtain (buy BP from market - 60 second foundry time tops).  Also it should be noted that this useful consumable has to be something that is not mandatory for everyday content otherwise people will lose their S#&$ bc they are trying to craft other stuff.