Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Phobos What We've Been Asking For?

Soaron

The Grineer on Phobos are on crack. The survival mission, which starts at barely lvl 25 enemies, gets insanely hard right away.  Some rooms are just packed with high-damage Grineer plus those rocket launching flying type.  They also don't take that much damage, so they die pretty easily. But still, their spawn rate is insane and they keep coming, and coming, and coming. It can get overwhelming pretty fast.

I have tried it a bunch of times recently and on average, even with really good teams, people die a lot in those rooms.

I find it actually really good.  I was a fan of Palus survival, but even solo I can last a lot longer there than I do on Phobos.  Isn't this the direction a lot of people want the game to go in? Clearly those enemies aren't super tough to beat, but they just seem more aggressive and the crowds are really tough to clear. Yes, maybe it's not the "super improved" AI a lot of people are asking for, but it does create a unique challenge unlike those missions with the regular lvl 100 Grineer.

I wish we had the same type of Planet for Corpus and Infested; sort of like their homeland, where they are a lot more aggressive, and even though not as high level, are more difficult to beat.

The phobos survival missions are quite rough.  Fun though.  I wouldn't want everything to be like that, but it's a nice switch over when I want somewhere I have to think.

The corpus planetary survival missions get like that too, though you can abuse them with a Mag.

the only thing I found difficult about that survival mission was the fact that half of the time its out in a big open field, no cover and no means to hide. if you can get out of that then your'e okay.

but that just might be me 

Edited by Fartbake

Just tried it to test it.  You're absolutely correct, they are apesh*t in the spawning, and the helions all over the place make the fighting pretty intense.  It feels leagues more difficult than any other level equivalent survival, and I love every second of it.

^ I know, right?! We need more of these! We need a corpus planet that has different looking Corpus soldiers, as well as a new Infested planet that has different species of infested to give us that Phobos-like challenge. I hope those new maps that DE is teasing us with just concept art bring some of this into the game.

Phobos survival is my favorite thing to do in the game atm but waiting for a cell or even just one other person to stumble onto the node is such a drag and most everybody else only cares about farming so I don't get to play it much :(