Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nerf skana.

(NSW)Edcaous

4 hours ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Oh, boy. Better nerf excalibur! His radial blind and finisher combo really trivializes junctions. 

By the time you reach the Venus junction, you shouldn't have your second ability yet. 

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Ed, are you a genuine new player, or one that's just started a new account on the Switch?

I'm not a "genuine new player," but I remember my first junction being really difficult...

Just now, LordChronos said:

Hey OP, here’s a tip. You can nerf it yourself. Just unequip the mods to your skana in your “upgrades” screen. problem solved! Hope this helps!

I mentioned multiple times in this thread. that I was using an unmodded unranked Skana.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

lmao, yes. Yes you will. Literally anyone who does the Lith defense mission will get their 2 unlocked. Just admit that you went and made a big stupid all over this fine forum.

Wow... It's not like I was asking for much. And I got a lot out of making this thread, so I don't regret anything.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

I'm not a "genuine new player," but I remember my first junction being really difficult...

Interesting.

So you remember that junction, when you had absolutely no mods, no real knowledge of how to play the game, no anything at all... was hard. And since the point you did that every single melee weapon has actually been buffed overall.

Melee has changed since you did that junction, and I will guarantee you that the junction will not be in any way hard, no matter which Mk-1 melee weapon you take or whether you take the Skana.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

The Skana now outclasses the MK-1 Bo by a lot. It's also now really easy to do junctions, you can kill specters really fast with even an unmodded Skana.

It's supposed to be a beginners weapon right? Then why does it so "good" in its current state?

By the way, I'm not new to this game. I just tried starting all over from PC, and I noticed that I was clearing everything really quickly with my Skana.

I'm not asking for a huge nerf, maybe just lower the base damage from 120 to 100 or 110. Before the melee changes, it was around 30 or 40.

i really wish to make fun of u and see how u manage it

but im so curious (since i didnt get it while reading everything in this topic) whats the problem? im just dyeing for answer
i really dont understand it?
like what? players on the begging of the game have too easy way of progression? that is ur problem?
since i dont see anyone wielding skana on my casual play time why u even care?
like does it break game for any1? since eventually u will hit a point where skana wont help u without proper mods and by that time u most likely have other better melees
but aside from that since its too good for u why u care to nerf it to others where it can be ok to them?

i really dont get it? and really im not making fun here im striving to get serious reasonable answer

1 minute ago, ZeroX4 said:

i really dont understand it?
like what? players on the begging of the game have too easy way of progression? that is ur problem?
since i dont see anyone wielding skana on my casual play time why u even care?
like does it break game for any1? since eventually u will hit a point where skana wont help u without proper mods and by that time u most likely have other better melees
but aside from that since its too good for u why u care to nerf it to others where it can be ok to them?

My original points were that the Skana outclassed all of the other starter weapons, and that it quickly destroyed junction specters faster without any mods, due to the changes that came from Melee 3.0. I felt like this would be problematic in some ways, so I tried to call attention to this "issue" by making a thread about it.

9 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

i really wish to make fun of u and see how u manage it

Thanks for not doing that, I guess.

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

My original points were that the Skana outclassed all of the other starter weapons, and that it quickly destroyed junction specters faster without any mods, due to the changes that came from Melee 3.0. I felt like this would be problematic in some ways, so I tried to call attention to this "issue" by making a thread about it.

Thanks for not doing that, I guess.

in what ways? still i really dont see a problem maybe give some examples?
plz explain since im getting a feeling its not making sense

Balancing the game around junctions is pretty silly, given DE has given out Primes through Twitch, for instance, having Frost Prime meant you could just freeze them all and not die or Vectis Prime would one shot them.

Then there's the market, if someone just buys Grendel, he can just eat them.

The first few junctions aren't really of any difficulty, there's only one or two that really gave new people problems, and that's mainly because they were able to instantly kill.

Everyone seems to be bashing the "junction" part of my "argument" and I'm sitting here wondering whether if they read the whole thing before replying...
To be fair, bringing junctions into the conversation wasn't the best move on my part. I had other points besides that one, but it seems almost as if everyone only focused on the junctions part of my thread.

1 hour ago, Yamazuki said:

Balancing the game around junctions is pretty silly, given DE has given out Primes through Twitch, for instance, having Frost Prime meant you could just freeze them all and not die or Vectis Prime would one shot them.

You're right, but I'm not balancing the game around junctions, I just used junctions as an example, since they're one of the few early game enemies that don't die in a couple of seconds. Even if you take junctions out of the equation, the fact that the Skana, a starter weapon, outclasses all of the other starter weapons and more, still stands.

59 minutes ago, schilds said:

The starter weapons should be equal because at the point players choose one, they have nothing on which to base their decision other than "style".

Exactly. My unmodded Skana was clearing out mobs of both Grineer and Corpus alike in the Venus and Earth missions in two hits or less, while with a Paris or a Mk-1 Bo It would take at least four or five arrows to take out one group.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I guess taking a 5-forma'd and Rivened Galatine Prime would be considered a WMD then...

That doesn't make any sense, we're considering mostly new players here. How does one take an "unmodded unranked Skana" and replace it with a 5-forma'd rivened Galatine Prime?

8 minutes ago, (XB1)WolfKingLeo said:

no

When I created this topic, I received many thoughtful responses from other players. Is that no longer going to happen?

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

When I created this topic, I received many thoughtful responses from other players. Is that no longer going to happen?

i mean there are going to be more people responsing to this overtime

now to my response: I feel like it really doesn't make sense to nerf a weapon from early game. There are going to be better weapons as time goes the more they play so really it seems kinda wrong considering the fact that players can choose their weapons early game and if they want the weapon they choose then let them it's their choice

11 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

So you want a weapon nerfed so you can hit the same target for a few more seconds?  What exactly do you gain from this?

Did you even look at what I said

I guess it was my fault for not putting it clear enough.
For new players, the basic unmodded Skana, in its current state, surpasses almost every other "starter weapon" that the game offers.
It makes sense that the other weapons, like the Braton, are weak since they're not meant to carry you through the entire star chart, and you're supposed to try out other weapons on your own. However, the Skana doesn't exactly fit this category.
Without mods, the MR0 Skana, a free weapon given away in the tutorial, seems to outclass the majority of MR4 primaries.
Comparing my Braton against my Skana against low leveled Corpus, it takes many shots to take just one corpus down, while with the Skana, one can take down an entire group within one or two strikes.
It just seems unbalanced for one tutorial weapon choice to outclass all the others.

1 hour ago, schilds said:

The starter weapons should be equal because at the point players choose one, they have nothing on which to base their decision other than "style".

Exactly this.

Does this answer your question, @ZeroX4?

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

Exactly this.

Does this answer your question, @ZeroX4?

yes and no since that creates another question
why nerf skana when proper course of action should be to boost other starter weapons?

why u want to give harder start to players at their introduction to the game?
well looking at it from side they should get into the idea from the start that only challenge in warframe is getting nitain extracts

-If- the skana is prodigiously more powerful than the other starter weapons--let alone higher MR weapons--I see some of what the OP is saying.  Yeah, starter weapons should all be roughly equivalent in overall power, since that's what most new players will expect or hope for.  

OTOH, wildly unbalanced choices, while not a good introduction to Warframe, are actually a pretty accurate one.  😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

The Skana now outclasses the MK-1 Bo by a lot. It's also now really easy to do junctions, you can kill specters really fast with even an unmodded Skana.

It's supposed to be a beginners weapon right? Then why is it so "good" in its current state?

By the way, I'm not new to this game. I just tried starting all over from PC, and I noticed that I was clearing everything really quickly with my Skana.

I'm not asking for a huge nerf, maybe just lower the base damage from 120 to 100 or 110. Before the melee changes, it was around 30 or 40.

Edit: I'm not sure if I put it clear enough here, since a lot of people seemed to be confused why I'm asking this. So I'm going to copy paste this bit I wrote in a later response:

"For new players, the basic unmodded Skana, in its current state, surpasses almost every other "starter weapon" that the game offers.
It makes sense that the other weapons, like the Braton, are weak since they're not meant to carry you through the entire star chart, and you're supposed to try out other weapons on your own. However, the Skana doesn't exactly fit this category: Without mods, the MR0 Skana, a free weapon given away in the tutorial, seems to outclass the majority of MR4 primaries, excluding maybe the Hek.
Comparing my Braton against my Skana against low leveled Corpus: it takes many shots to take just one corpus down, while with the Skana, one can take down an entire group within one or two strikes.
It just seems unbalanced for one tutorial weapon choice to outclass all the others."

Why don’t you just equip 2-3 fewer mods? The problem is instantly solved. What you propose will affect many new players who may not have your skill to kill so well and then asking for nerfs.