Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nerf skana.

(NSW)Edcaous

8 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Why don’t you just equip 2-3 fewer mods? The problem is instantly solved. What you propose will affect many new players who may not have your skill to kill so well and then asking for nerfs. 

I have repeated it many times throughout this thread that I was using an UNMODDED Skana. Also, I wasn't using any level of skill, I was only going up to the enemy and spamming E.

1 hour ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

what a non-issue

...Then why reply at all, considering that's only bringing more attention to the thread.

This thread really needs a more comprehensive perspective, not only based on how much damage it could deal unmodded and unranked, but the substantial growth of usability and capability throughout the star chart.

You could say as a starter weapon, skana has its dominant position because of its high base damage. However after reaching certain levels, the position would be overtaken by many other weapons, as base damage is not everything in the equation.  First off, its slow attack speed as a sword type weapon. Secondly, its super low crit chance.

The reason its strong early because of its 70% slash and decent status chance for proc-ing slash on low level enemies when dealing with armor isn't a big factor yet. This would however hit a wall the deeper you dive into the star chart, requiring a player to have better build or swapping to other weapons.

This makes total sense to me. A game like this should make you feel powerful most of the time while keeping progress to sync with upgrades. Not to mention skana is kind of a signature weapon to this game. It's like saying skana, everyone who played warframe would remember it's from warframe.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

I recently recruted a noob volt in my clan, the guy had issues on some specters, he had ammo drum no serration braton and nonsense stuffs like that. Junctions can be hard for newer solo players that have 0 understanding on balance and optimisation. If it can be a learning process for them it's already something. It doesn't need to be challenging for everyone. Maybe a good idea would be to disable warframe abilities and some weapons for every spectre encounters so it becomes like a simple gear check.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 1

On 2020-03-15 at 9:57 AM, (NSW)Edcaous said:

The Skana now outclasses the MK-1 Bo by a lot. It's also now really easy to do junctions, you can kill specters really fast with even an unmodded Skana.

It's supposed to be a beginners weapon right? Then why is it so "good" in its current state?

By the way, I'm not new to this game. I just tried starting all over from PC, and I noticed that I was clearing everything really quickly with my Skana.

I'm not asking for a huge nerf, maybe just lower the base damage from 120 to 100 or 110. Before the melee changes, it was around 30 or 40.

Edit: I'm not sure if I put it clear enough here, since a lot of people seemed to be confused why I'm asking this. So I'm going to copy paste this bit I wrote in a later response:

"For new players, the basic unmodded Skana, in its current state, surpasses almost every other "starter weapon" that the game offers.
It makes sense that the other weapons, like the Braton, are weak since they're not meant to carry you through the entire star chart, and you're supposed to try out other weapons on your own. However, the Skana doesn't exactly fit this category: Without mods, the MR0 Skana, a free weapon given away in the tutorial, seems to outclass the majority of MR4 primaries, excluding maybe the Hek.
Comparing my Braton against my Skana against low leveled Corpus: it takes many shots to take just one corpus down, while with the Skana, one can take down an entire group within one or two strikes.
It just seems unbalanced for one tutorial weapon choice to outclass all the others."

Another Edit: Alright guys, let's let this thing die down. I didn't expect this to be so time-consuming.

Lmfao, you really made a post to talk about nerfing a Skana bro? Come on. Yall get super picky about the dumbest things in the game. Skana nerf? lmfao. Ok...

• Like 1

On 2020-03-15 at 12:47 PM, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Oh, boy. Better nerf excalibur! His radial blind and finisher combo really trivializes junctions. 

You beat me to it.  I had issues beating the junctions untill I learned this one wierd trick!  Specters hate it!