Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There really needs to be some streamlining for new players

So, before anyone gets up in arms - I'm not a new player having a whine about being unable to do things, but I have recently started again on the xbox and it has me really concerned how horrible it is for new players now. The two different experiences are night and day, which should be really worrying for anyone that wants to see the game continue to thrive.

Maybe this is down to my newest run being on console but I have basically had to solo myself all the way to end game, whereas when I first started this game there were far less things to do and there were always people on missions. If I needed to farm something then I could be pretty much garunteed that I could find a group for it. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore for new players. I almost never see any squads going except for Sedna affinity farming or when there's a special event on.

I really don't think it's fair to expect newbies to do the same, if not longer, grinding to be able to do the newest content when they have none of the benefits that us older players had. When I was learning the game I was pretty much always having a squad affinity bonus. Getting the more finicky basic need mods like Equillibrium, Pathogen Rounds, Ability strength/duration/efficiency, etc, really wasn't that bad because I'd find people to do it with. Now? Nope.

Why are DE still treating it like there's the same community of people that are running the old late game content? Using the earlier mods as an example - Equillibrium is a 7% drop from Lephantis. Are we really going to continue to expect people to solo him over and over just so they have an effective health replenishment? Sure, I can do it because I know how, and I knew it was coming so I prepared, but without that benefit of knowledge that would be daunting as all hell. How many new players know how to build a Hydroid/Nekros to do survival long enough to get pathogen rounds (or to do the g3)? I think it's really telling that when I go into a mission with my Nekros prime that mid-MR people don't seem to know his abilities, they've obviously not encountered it or been taught by other players how to do these things.

Every other MMO that I've played has had to keep the progress from new to end game streamlined so that they don't lose their fan base, or at least get people to the point where they're interacting with other players. Warframe seems to be going the opposite direction - Still expecting players to do things that become harder by the day. I never see anyone on Mot. How many people are running the Lua defense mission to 15 waves for the relay to Eris? Hell, half the time I don't even find people on Lith relic missions despite being in an open squad.

This really needs a rework. Make it easier for new people to get what they need; Up the drop rates, rework what they drop from, alter the relay requirements, make it easier to get rep for quest requirements - just little tweaks like that would make a huge difference. Yes, some older players may not like that new players would "skip" a lot of the stuff they had to work hard on, but I'm more than willing to swallow that pill to ensure that the game keeps being appealing to new space ninjas.

Anyway, that's my concerns/feedback. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just because I'm on console for this new run, or it's just my experience of this levelling. Thanks for reading, have a great day 🙂

Edited by RootyTootyAimAnShooty
  • Like 1

Started a couple of weeks ago. Crafting and ranking up MR is really easy until 10, you just continue through the star chart and then you realize you can't continue anymore. From my experience and point of view, the major problem is mod accessibility. Everything you use, no matter how good it is on the meta, is garbage on us new players. We are too weak to solo pluto/sedna/void from sedna. It costs too much endo to rank up mods, and it's so scarce for new players. I was lucky enough I joined a clan that had just opened their dojo rank up rewards and got thousands of it, and to get endo from sorties, you have to run a lot of content to unlock The War Within, which includes progressing on the chart to get junction quests.

Right now I'm MR11 and still weak just because of endo and people sometimes mock me for that because at 11 I'm supposed to already have a full build or something. First, I was struggling with credits, and there's no way to farm the Index without a good setup. I was spamming Ceres' dark sector defense with a credit booster and it was the most boring mind numbing experience for a new player I've had in the game. But endo is the bane of it all. Even extermination mission on Adaro, Sedna, is a nightmare and killing assassination node bosses is actually hard without decent mods.

I joined a big clan now but I'm afraid of constantly having to ask for help or carries because it would annoy them, and again I'm 11 so I'm supposed to be able to take care of myself... and selling prime junk takes forever to make enough plat, on PS4 at least, they sell 1p a piece.

I'm actually stuck on Sedna until I get endo to rank up mods or get carried, which doesn't really sound fun. It might become easier on the next update with shield gating to not get instantly popped on sight.

Edited by (PS4)lumen2ne1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

Started a couple of weeks ago. Crafting and ranking up MR is really easy until 10, you just continue through the star chart and then you realize you can't continue anymore. From my experience and point of view, the major problem is mod accessibility. Everything you use, no matter how good it is on the meta, is garbage on us new players. We are too weak to solo pluto/sedna/void from sedna. It costs too much endo to rank up mods, and it's so scarce for new players. I was lucky enough I joined a clan that had just opened their dojo rank up rewards and got thousands of it, and to get endo from sorties, you have to run a lot of content to unlock The War Within, which includes progressing on the chart to get junction quests.

Why do you think you are weak that you can't do pluto/sedna/void? MR 11 already has access to most weapons and warframes. I am MR 11 on my PC account and I have no problems whatsoever with basically any content in this game (except railjack). The only 2 level 10 mods that I have maxed out is serration and hornet strike. I don't even have vitality or steel fiber maxed out.

If the start chart is a problem then you need to reconsider your builds.

7 minutes ago, KingTheDragon said:

If the start chart is a problem then you need to reconsider your builds.

That... is the point of my post. I even crafted an Arca Plasmor, but without mods it does crap for damage and I get swarmed with slash procs and instantly popped everywhere. It takes forever to get endo.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

That... is the point of my post. I even crafted an Arca Plasmor, but without mods it does crap for damage and I get swarmed with slash procs and instantly popped everywhere. It takes forever to get endo.

I mean maybe you need someone to give you builds on the warframes you have or the weapons you have , Now about the slash procs I meaaaan higher level enemies is the more accurate..... and even the best players will get slapped because of the enemies pinpoint god tier aim assist accuracy after a certain level. And the endo situation ummm I always find at least 3 ayatan sculpture a week in missions and also the sortie gods also bless me everyday with a big fat sculpture so yeaaah.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

Arca Plasmor barely needs any crazy mods or endo to make it work. There's only like maybe 4 mods that are somewhat hard to get which aren't required at all. Also, Arca Plasmor is really a tame weapon by today standards. Plenty of murder frames can also outdo the Arca Plasmor (saryn, mesa, gara, etc).

Also, if you get insta popped no weapon or frame will help you unless you do know your builds and have the required mod setup but you probably don't. So instead of resorting to damage in order to complete your mission, use other tools available. You don't need to murder everything in order to survive. Damage isn't the only solution. I realize most advice out there will just tell you to kill everything before they do any damage to you because you really don't need much to get to that point but if you haven't gotten to that point there's no harm in finding other ways to do whatever you want to do.

Warframe will have you struggle for a while, but once you get rolling with a good weapons/frames then the game becomes trivial. Maximize your stuff and it gets even worse.

To be honest, your problems sound pretty much like what OP is talking about, there's no direction on the game and you are clearly struggling because of it.

Too much "make it easier" in your post wich makes it another thread trying to make Warframe even more easier than it already is.

But I think I get what you really mean, you use the words "make it easier" but in reality you mean "make it less boring" ? That or you just want to get everything as fast as possible like most of the players rushing the content, quitting just after getting what they wanted. Wich isn't good for new players nor the game.

The solution i will always recommend for this subject is to find a GOOD clan, one that teaches and take care of his members (new or older) instead of ones that only care about number and fame or taxes. That will fix your problem 😉 The days will be more enjoyable and farm wont be that boring anymore.

However, something the game could and should do for new players, is to explain/give a few example of what a good clan should be and how to figure if one is or isn't. There's actually no streamlining because it would make clans less valuable (wich are very important in Warframe) and solo mode is not encouraged in Warframe so If you play solo, you have to deal with the consequences. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

Right now I'm MR11 and still weak just because of endo and people sometimes mock me for that because at 11 I'm supposed to already have a full build or something. First, I was struggling with credits, and there's no way to farm the Index without a good setup. I was spamming Ceres' dark sector defense with a credit booster and it was the most boring mind numbing experience for a new player I've had in the game. But endo is the bane of it all. Even extermination mission on Adaro, Sedna, is a nightmare and killing assassination node bosses is actually hard without decent mods.

I joined a big clan now but I'm afraid of constantly having to ask for help or carries because it would annoy them, and again I'm 11 so I'm supposed to be able to take care of myself... and selling prime junk takes forever to make enough plat, on PS4 at least, they sell 1p a piece.

I'm actually stuck on Sedna until I get endo to rank up mods or get carried, which doesn't really sound fun. It might become easier on the next update with shield gating to not get instantly popped on sight.

A bit of advice, try focusing on critical chance mod to help you with burst damage and aim at the head (Point strike, Pistol Gambit and True Steel) for weapons with decent critical chance (10% is more than enough)

Try learning the enemy weaknesses, here are some basics

• Grineer : Use corrosive (electricity + toxin, +75% damage bonus against ferrite), radiation (heat + electricity, +75% damage bonus against alloy) or cold (25% damage bonus against alloy)
  • Corpus : Use toxin (bypasses shield entirely and damage their health directly) and magnetic (electricity + cold, +75% bonus damage against shield)
  • Infested : Use corrosive for 75% bonus damage against ancients\ heavies and mutalist MOA (they're the most problematic) and heat for 25% against other infested

For endo, dissolve duplicate mods in your mod console or sell them for some quick credits

If you need to get credits, try opening crates and lockers, they usually have several hundreds of credits in each of them so imagine how many you can secure from looting the place

If you can't solo yet, feel free to ask if there's anyone that willing to help you or shoot behind cover to increase your survival, it's like playing CoD but in third person until you can secure powerful mods