Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePianoGuy

Kuva Chakkhurr being able to use sniper skins?

So I saw that the upcoming Nova deluxe has a sniper rifle skin and I was thinking of investing into Kuva Chakkhurr so that I'd have a usable gun in missions (snipers quite frankly feel horrible to use in normal missions) but I realised that it is simply classed as a rifle, not a sniper rifle. I'm guessing this means it won't be able to use the skin?

I don't agree with snipers feeling horrible to use in normal missions but it would br cool if the chakkhurr could use sniper skins

No scope, no combo counter, explosive, listed as a rifle. All signs point to unlikely.

23 hours ago, ThePianoGuy said:

So I saw that the upcoming Nova deluxe has a sniper rifle skin and I was thinking of investing into Kuva Chakkhurr so that I'd have a usable gun in missions (snipers quite frankly feel horrible to use in normal missions) but I realised that it is simply classed as a rifle, not a sniper rifle. I'm guessing this means it won't be able to use the skin?

Its actually an assault rifle 

On 2020-03-15 at 1:42 PM, rapt0rman said:

No scope, no combo counter, explosive, listed as a rifle. All signs point to unlikely.

BuT iT uSeS sNiPeR aMmO

12 hours ago, warmastercain said:

Its actually an assault rifle 

It is not, as it cannot use the holstered reload mod. It also cannot use the explosion radius mod, and it can't use sniper mods. In reality, the chakkhurr is in its own unique category.

It actually can but still I use it for assault rifle only sorties so yes it is it's just half sniper and half assault rifle but otherwise classified as an assault rifle 

21 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

BuT iT uSeS sNiPeR aMmO

So does mitter and it's an assault rifle 

13 hours ago, Colyeses said:

It is not, as it cannot use the holstered reload mod. It also cannot use the explosion radius mod, and it can't use sniper mods. In reality, the chakkhurr is in its own unique category.

The wiki has a separate mod category for "rifle" that is not "assault rifle". So it's nothing all that special, I don't think, I think there are other rifles that have all the same restrictions and count as assault rifles for sorties but not mods. 

It's nonetheless the best sniper rifle, but it's not a sniper rifle.

It can be used in sniper only 

Just now, CopperBezel said:

The wiki has a separate mod category for "rifle" that is not "assault rifle". So it's nothing all that special, I don't think, I think there are other rifles that have all the same restrictions and count as assault rifles for sorties but not mods. 

It's nonetheless the best sniper rifle, but it's not a sniper rifle.

It can be used in both sniper and assault rifle only though

I think we can safely say that its category is: 'Drunk'