Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Week long double X events to keep people at home

-AEN-Rumi

14 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Just find other stuff to do, mate.

There's only so much you can do if you're stuck at home and can't 'work from home'....

Honestly I wouldn't say no to an extension on the double resource weekend and I work at home anyway 😛

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

most people: "oh my god, I'm gonna be isolated, what will I do"?

me, an introvert: "alright noobs, it's your first day in the depths of loneliness, so listen up.."

much as I'd like extended double affinity (stuff always needs Forma), it's unlikely to happen, same as getting any disease-themed cosmetics (Viral Ephemera/sigil anyone?) :crylaugh: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

There's only so much you can do if you're stuck at home and can't 'work from home'....

Honestly I wouldn't say no to an extension on the double resource weekend and I work at home anyway 😛

Mate, when you're stuck in one place for an extended period of time, you only have two choices: find something to do, or go mad.

Although the latter might be fun in its own way, I'd still personally recommend the former. Time to put those thinking caps on.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Double Affinity will be the most useful imo,since leveling stuff is a thing that many would do.

For double resource,it is great if you want to get hema grind done for example by stacking it with both resource boosters,but may not be that useful if you already have it researched. It can help with kuva farming,but not everyone is into rivens.

For double credit,i only see it being useful if you are working on maxing out primed mods,but a better way of doing that may be just directly buying a maxed one with plat from someone.

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

find something to do,

Um.... playing the game would be classed as 'something to do', you also have social interaction with other players if you wish.

13 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

Double Affinity will be the most useful imo,since leveling stuff is a thing that many would do.

For double resource,it is great if you want to get hema grind done for example by stacking it with both resource boosters,but may not be that useful if you already have it researched. It can help with kuva farming,but not everyone is into rivens.

Double affinity is only useful if you actual have anything you want to level, and while I do have stuff to level (and railjack/focus) I'd rather have more resources for things like kuva and vitus essence from arbitrations....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Um.... playing the game would be classed as 'something to do', you also have social interaction with other players if you wish.

True, but I just wouldn't recommend doing the same thing over and over for that extended period of time. You eventually get bored and go mad. In a slightly different but related way.

Just saying; variety and mixing things up every day keeps the voices away.

i'm barely using my resource booster advantage since got everything in game. if they would have launched the upcoming event now, the booster would have been useful. just grind 40-80p for resource booster if you want it that bad, kavat helps as well

1 hour ago, Dauggie said:

just grind 40-80p for resource booster if you want it that bad, kavat helps as well

Except the one we had over the weekend stacks with the resource booster and the kavat if it triggers....

OP you can still go outside. Just stay away from large groups. Wash and Sanitize your hands. Take your viatimns. Intermittent fasting and keto diets are good. And if you do catch Covid, there are treatments and there is a extremely high chance you will be fine, then your body will be immune to covid. 😊 So either way I say win win. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

me, an introvert: "alright noobs, it's your first day in the depths of loneliness, so listen up.."

This too lol

• Like 1

As an incentive to keep sick people home, I don't find it to be too bad of an idea, actually. It's a positive way to help encourage that. I mean, sure, people might have to go out for groceries/food, if they don't have healthy friends who can help them out, and an event like this isn't going to keep them home... but if it keeps people home who have no real reason to leave their homes while they're sick, why not?

Weekend only things are quite annoying when I see them (especially Gifts of the Lotus and Baro's visits)... Just by the basic idea that not everybody can play on weekends, even though I can.

Some jobs are like 12hr Fri/Sat/Sun, with the rest of the week off.
Then you have people with social lives outside of the game. So those types of bonus times are entirely pointless to them as well (weekends are generally when people do stuff together, at least in my circles.)

To actually make it a fair thing for everybody who plays (or way more than weekend only), it should at least be a week long, or overlap Friday&Monday (for stuff like Baro).

Overall, it's not a bad idea.

Spoiler

(for more than one reason, including making up for the almost laughable 1 week resource booster that was supposed to make up for the 2-month lack of Railjack resource cost and drop updates on the PS4 which overlapped the once-a-year-if-that appearance of the Acolytes, which, at least for me, held priority, so I didn't get to take advantage of the resources for my railjack.) I got to do 1 railjack mission with the recent resource booster thingy.

2 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

OP you can still go outside. Just stay away from large groups. Wash and Sanitize your hands. Take your viatimns. Intermittent fasting and keto diets are good. And if you do catch Covid, there are treatments and there is a extremely high chance you will be fine, then your body will be immune to covid. 😊 So either way I say win win. 

This too lol

Actually, not everyone is allowed to go outside due to their governments saying not to, and over here if they go with the quarantine it would be difficult to go outside. This is why some people are hoarding, and others are panicking, because they aren't going to be paid at all for the next 3-8 weeks depending on where they live unless they are of high enough position to get paid while not working.

14 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Actually, not everyone is allowed to go outside due to their governments saying not to, and over here if they go with the quarantine it would be difficult to go outside. This is why some people are hoarding, and others are panicking, because they aren't going to be paid at all for the next 3-8 weeks depending on where they live unless they are of high enough position to get paid while not working.

UK seems to be the exception to this. Officially, the idea is to basically force herd immunity, which in theory leaves us better at the long run.

Personally, I think some people up the chain believe it'll let us get better Brexit deals down the line. Which is... well, I have words to describe it, but according to the rules, you're not technically supposed to swear.

18 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

much as I'd like extended double affinity (stuff always needs Forma), it's unlikely to happen, same as getting any disease-themed cosmetics (Viral Ephemera/sigil anyone?) :crylaugh: