Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PS4) Warframe Revised: Update 27.2.2 (+ Hotfixes)

On 2020-03-18 at 4:21 AM, (PS4)HELLHOUND_ROCKO said:

my takeaway from reading all this: 

1. the positive/ semi-positive: 

lots of Railjack optimizations that should have been there day 1, so after reading the first part of the notes i thought like: maybe i'll start the quest getting the Railjack now (only didn't do it sooner because i got to experience how over-the-top broken it was while being on a buddy's Railjack during a mission...)? 

higher FoV setting on my PS4 Pro now? hopefully i'll get less motion sickness from this game now. 

i think i saw a few things related to framerate optimization... . 

i'm actually really happy to now be able to put my general pistol skins on my Kitgun (assuming that's what the note about it meant). 

2. the negative:

i now WOULD have to grind-out all my Arcanes 1.1x all over again for no reason other than FU. 

all my go-to guns except the Opticor Vandal are modded for corrosion and i invested millions of Kuva to G-roll their Rivens for -Status Duration, so they are all worthless/ unusable now and i WOULD have to do it all over again because FU. 

the AoE on my Opticors were always just a nuisance that i wished was never there - it doesn't damage high level enemies like at all anymore and the magnetic proc on it is near pointless, but it did constantly break windows on Corpus ships and alerted nearby enemies by hitting something else besides the main target (making the weapon unsuitable for stealth gameplay even back when it was bugged to be silent). but now the AoE even self-staggers and has greater range - just to ensure that i can absolutely not use it anymore at close range unless i play Rhino and the likes? because FU?

and Cautious Shot can Probably not even be equipped in the weapon Exilus slot i assume because logic (i honestly forgot if it can go there or not). not that it would matter all that much though since it only "reduces" stagger instead of preventing it entirely, and of course only at 90% chance for a R10 gold mod - to properly offset it's great strength (sarcasm)... . it needs to Entirely prevent self stagger 100% of the time and be able to go into the weapon Exilus slot if it can't go there already DE, obviously! 

and giving Warframe enemies shieldgate is just the dumbest idea the development team has ever implemented IMO. 

so, yeah - i don't think i will play this update, the extreme severity of the punishment my during or really close to year 1 of Warframe on PS4 created and heavily played character received with this update is just so over-the-top ridiculous, i'll probably run the heck away from this game for a long time now. 

The riven thing really us your fault lol but hey mist guns are probably do enough damage anyway before prices year off and it's not like riven damage is even remotely needed unless you're hitting levels 300+ and maybe not even then.

Enemies having shield gating is really no big deal..like at all they're all super squishy still

Cautious shot does go on slot but really cautious shot is about as useful as it was before because no 100%

As for the advanced yeah  unless you had 2 rank 3s it kinda sucks but most r3s are about as effective but yeah I get it just gotta hole the event isn't terrible with how much you have to grind and that they look at eidolon tables.

Are you really always in someone's face with the option or any air weapon alot?

On 2020-03-17 at 8:10 PM, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

In the Arcane window, the Sort dropdown and Distill are both bound to Triangle.

Only the Distill seems to respond to the button input. 

We have a fix coming through for this! Just needs to be tested - Thanks for reporting! 

I'm frequently getting a "target obstructed" message when trying to teleport with Ash since the update. 

And actually, while we're on the subject can we talk about giving him a Hold-to-Teleport to cursor (still limited by ability range) option? 

PS: Shuriken still does less damage for more energy cost than a Blade Storm mark, with no additional benefit.

En 16/3/2020 a las 10:23, [DE]Danielle dijo:

March 20th: Hotfix #2

Along with the fix listed below this Hotfix includes behind the scene changes for an upcoming release.

Scarlet Spear live on all platforms? 👀

24 minutes ago, (PS4)moonlitxshadow said:

its a pretty sweeping consensus that the self knock down is hated. no one plays a game about space ninjas for its realism. please roll that back first.

"Pretty sweeping consensus"  what? Self knock down might be annoying at first, but once you get used to it it's not that big of a deal, unless you are noob enough to shoot at your feet rather than at the enemies

And even if you do, Prime Sure Footed is your best friend 

I know this will almost surely fall on deaf ears, but here we go: I came into this game just before the release of Fortuna and the past couple years have been amazing, I’ve talked and traded with many higher ranking Tennos who have been in the system for years and they even agree now, (spring 2020), is the perfect time to either start your journey into the star chart or dust off some vaulted Warframes and take them for a spin.  In my journey, the 2 hardest Warframes to obtain have been Ash and Ivara. Not the Prime variants, their components seem to fall off trees, but the standard Ash and Ivara. Unfortunately I enjoy the standard outfits, of both, over the Prime variants. D.E. has given the option to pick and choose your outfit and helmet, which was a lifesaver for me to be able to rock my O.G. Ash and Ivara... After this “Warframe Revised” Ivara standard now has what looks like toilet paper coming out of the bottom of her torso... I tried to look at it professionally, being an Industrial Designer, and consider that D.E. wanted to tie her into the Prime more, or to make the standard less appealing so more people would choose the Prime skin... Simply put, it doesn’t work and looks terrible. I don’t know what designer made it or which art director approved it, but it doesn’t match her style, you can’t color option, and the clipping is horrendous. Pretty please, with a cherry on top, remove the toilet paper that is stuck in Ivara’s waistband, it literally causes me to stop using my favorite Warframe and that’s too bad. Especially at the height of such and exciting time in the community. 

Heya DE,

Sadly, ever since my ps4 downloaded the update, I've been entirely unable to play the game. It would simply enter me into the launcher screen and take a suspiciously long time to install the update (several minutes). After that time, a pop up would appear: "Unable to connect. Please ensure you have the latest Warframe update installed." Of course, I ran the search for one but the game doesn't have a newer update. Nothing else I do seems to help. I've been locked out of the game for several days now and there's no sign of a hotfix yet. I could see why the update is doing this; So much of the game's code has changed, it's likely it caused some instability in other areas.

I'm not the only one with this issue; There are only a couple other threads that spoke up about this. One person even had the update destabilizing his ps4 while playing other games. I turned on my ps4 today and seem to be having the same issues; My app launcher for other games seems to be glitched. I might have to temporarily uninstall Warframe to play anything at all. Just now, when I launched the game, the app seemed to take several long minutes to get me into the launch screen itself.

I believe this is an update issue because I've never had these problems before this Warframe update and they began the moment I finished downloading it. I hoped to make you aware in case you weren't; A small amount of us are waiting patiently to get back into your amazing game. Hope to play soon!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-20 at 12:24 PM, (PS4)giordialfa2000 said:

"Pretty sweeping consensus"  what? Self knock down might be annoying at first, but once you get used to it it's not that big of a deal, unless you are noob enough to shoot at your feet rather than at the enemies

And even if you do, Prime Sure Footed is your best friend 

handspring is actually faster. cheaper too. also not a D polarity so can swap to other things like radar and flowers. so alot of wins there

vor 17 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Hayden_Prime:

handspring is actually faster. cheaper too. also not a D polarity so can swap to other things like radar and flowers. so alot of wins there

How is going through the knockdown animation quicker (Handspring) the faster/better way to deal with it than literally ignoring any kind of knockdown (Primed Sure Footed)? Worse polarity, login reward and more capacity required? Sure. But between the two it's by far superior in effect than Handspring when it comes to modding against knockdown. There is not even an argument to be had about that in my opinion.

Complaints: Dojo design, Energy, and Compacity 

Today when trying to attach an Obstacle course, to a large water garden with 3 open doors.

Unfortunately it seems your Dojo -Algorithm is... crap. Allow me to explain, At this moment there are three spaces available.

In all three spaces, I may place a Custom Obstacle Course. My problem with is, YOU WILL NOT allow me to place several rooms, such as: Inspiration Halls, and the Standard Obstacle Course in thees spaces. That's to say, The Custom Obstacle Course, is a Much larger room and takes much more energy requirements to fit that space.

This is a huge Issue! I will not put up with. Especially since I cannot add SMALLER rooms it its place, with lesser room requirements for build. In a space that WILL ALLOW the biggest rooms in the Dojo to be added into there.

Totally unrealistic and needs to be fixed. No other MMO has these serious of a build issue. I'm able to build freely and without restraint, your Dojos don't even allow me to add items that SAY, THEY FIT. 

Seriously if you guys cannot even match your Shapes, and do basic addition, it's no wonder people leave this game after only a few levels. It's neither fair, nor fun, or  worth the time it takes to work around, all the Issues you still have yet to correct after how many years?

Everything here that is not "Game" is crap. Quality of life is crap, and the Real Is Not Here. For an RPG I've been playing for years, I'm still coming back to find myself disipointed, that you expanded again without correcting the serious amount of issues we as players have asked you to take care of that go all the way back to basics. This is my second play through, and I'm still severely disappointed that DE are still refuse to fix the mechanics we have to use to enhance OUR game and assist our fellow players.

On 2020-03-30 at 7:44 AM, (PS4)Deeceem said:

How is going through the knockdown animation quicker (Handspring) the faster/better way to deal with it than literally ignoring any kind of knockdown (Primed Sure Footed)? Worse polarity, login reward and more capacity required? Sure. But between the two it's by far superior in effect than Handspring when it comes to modding against knockdown. There is not even an argument to be had about that in my opinion.

there were frame by frame tests done to show it, google that and ull find them. handspring was faster because there is still an animation with sure footed. soooooo yeh.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hayden_Prime said:

there were frame by frame tests done to show it, google that and ull find them. handspring was faster because there is still an animation with sure footed. soooooo yeh.

Except, Primed Sure Footed entirely prevents the AoE knockback effect from happening at all now, rather than replacing it with the block animation that it forced before. This is a change (I haven't checked if that animation remains for other knockdowns, but for self-inflicted AoE knockback, there is no knockback at all now). Soooo... yeh.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Except, Primed Sure Footed entirely prevents the AoE knockback effect from happening at all now, rather than replacing it with the block animation that it forced before. This is a change (I haven't checked if that animation remains for other knockdowns, but for self-inflicted AoE knockback, there is no knockback at all now). Soooo... yeh.

if it doesnt have a block animation anymore and removing all stagger and knockdown then its finally doing what it should for a prime investment. im at 850ish so cant test first hand. ur still talking about a dedicating a D slot and increased cost for a mod that reeeeeeally only effects a handful of weapons and profit taker fight. Vs, a capitalized MUCH, cheaper endo and slot mod with a polarity that matches most usable exilus'.

Archived