Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that every frame has at least 100 armor...

Ikusi_Prime

...Why not just run this build for every frame?

Steel Fiber  : Vitality       : Intensify     : Continuity

Redirection : Adaptation : Streamline : Stretch

With a few exceptions due to low shields/health (Inaros, Nidus, Grendel, Nezha, Hildryn), it feels like a pretty solid, generalized setup. You're tanky, and your abilities are strong. That's pretty much all you need. With an Aura mod and a potato, you only need three polarized slots to make this happen (for a lot of frames, this is ONE Forma).

7 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

With a few exceptions due to low shields/health (Inaros, Nidus, Grendel, Nezha, Hildryn), it feels like a pretty solid, generalized setup. You're tanky, and your abilities are strong. That's pretty much all you need. With an Aura mod and a potato, you only need three polarized slots to make this happen (for a lot of frames, this is ONE Forma).

Redirection is a usless mod IMO. And I run QT and Vitality on every build. 

Just now, da_blok_is_hot said:

Redirection is a usless mod IMO. And I run QT and Vitality on every build. 

It isn't anymore with the changes to shield type damage. I've noticed my shields breaking far less even on my Loki when hunting liches without a health or shield mod.

No more instant death from a single stray shot even from level 100 liches. Its nice. Other than the toxin one, lol.

• Like 2

Just now, Riger82 said:

It isn't anymore with the changes to shield type damage. I've noticed my shields breaking far less even on my Loki when hunting liches without a health or shield mod.

No more instant death from a single stray shot even from level 100 liches. Its nice. Other than the toxin one, lol.

Ill have to try it out then. 

6 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

Why not just run this build for every frame?

Because I use this for my Exalted Blade build:

Umbral Vitality - Umbral Intensify - Umbral Fiber - Redirection - Fleeting Expertise - Streamline - Primed Vigor - Chromatic Blade - Growing Power - Rush

I want high health, shields and very low drain. A generic build doesn't do that.

17 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

Seems like a fine basic build. If you're trying a new frame and are just getting a feel for them, a handful of survival mods and a full-positive ability spread is fine.

However...

• Augments exist
  • Some frames work better with high amounts of certain ability values, requiring more than one Mod for it, or Corrupted Mods
  • If the frame has little to no Shield and decent Armor, Redirection isn't worth the slot
  • If the frame has Shield-boosting mechanics, 25% DR on Shields is fine, so stocking Steel Fiber is (probably) redundant
  • Natural Talent and other utility mods
  • Set mods
  • Like 2

I'm sorry, but that build simply will not optimize frame abilities... its quite terrible really. I can't think of a single frame that would benefit from that build, because it is as vanilla as vanilla get.
It does not emphasize anything other than a "security blanket" which would not work at higher levels.

We all know that there are frames out there that use more shields (Hildryn!) where Primed Vigor is better than Vitality... there are frames that benefit from defensive buffs... like my full Umbral Rhino. Lich hunting made easy with that 10k base iron skin and 140% roar buff with rivened weapons. I prefer him over my full umbral chroma even. He's resistant to status procs.

Though I should point out that I'm generally against "generalized builds" altogether. I think that the way someone builds their frames has to be tailored to their own skills and preferences. I personally run relatively "glass canon" frames because I have faster-than-average reflexes, long-time gamer. I personally incorporate Umbral Vitality/Intensify into MOST of my builds (unless the frame does not do damage with abilities... like Loki. I want duration and range with him!).

R10 steel fiber would move a 100 armor warframe that has 25% damage reduction to a 210 armor warframe with 41% damage reduction

A warframe with 740 hp because of R10 vitality would move from gaining 246 ehp because of base armor 100 to gaining 518 ehp, a ~300 ehp increase because you equipped a mod

Basically, when you add a steel fiber to a build that normally just runs vitality, you've gained ~300 ehp in damage reduction.

As a point of comparison, using primed vigor instead would bump your ehp by at least 220 hp and 220 shields directly, and with your base armor of 100, your ehp would actually go up by about ~500 ehp (220 hp plus an extra with an extra 76ehp in armor plus 220 shields). Would you run a +300 ehp mod or one that adds +500 ehp?

Steel fiber is a horrible mod to run on the majority of warframes, unless that frame has like 250+ base armor (or has powers that scale directly off of armor stat that you wish to improve), then you really should not be running it.

Also redirection I don't think really needs explanation as to why it's a bad mod.

And there's a very wide number of frames that legitimately do not care about efficiency or have some other dump stat which would make this "generalist" build very inefficient.

14 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

Cuz shield is super viable now on warframes that have it? 

Nyx prime can benefit from a shield + recharge + adaptation more than a power max + rage + quick thinking build now 🤷

Nah. You cant Beat Rage QT Vitality. Combo with Magus elevate. 

53 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

I honestly used to do this when all I cared about was shooting dudes, but specializing is more fun when you know what you’re doing. 

im personally going to start playing ivara without steel fiber after the update because I always felt uncomfortable without it. 

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
Typo

i dont use adaptation (only for inaros) and prefer maxed umbra vitality with other 2 low rank umbras.

i dont die much and even if i die i dont need exp. i can even predict critical situations and will use vaz dash. with new changes mesa cant be killed with 1 hit. so i never was killed and with rakta dark dagger she is even more tankier now.

the problem is: i use cat and it needs a lot health + armor. health is super important.

and death isnt a huge problem (except arbitration with newbies). i have 4 insta rezes for a mission or i will use vaz dash and rez without danger.

Most of the time well playing i am using really general universal builds. Then i use other configs for specific fights.

Some frames that have no shireds or hildryn change due to their design.

But my general build is.

Aura mod and rush

Fortitude, vitality, redirection, primed vigor, streamline, augur secrets, armored agility, primed continuity/augment mod.

This build works for me just fine.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

4 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

Also redirection I don't think really needs explanation as to why it's a bad mod.

How is it bad with all the new shield-gating?

5 hours ago, ScarlettQueen said:

I can't think of a single frame that would benefit from that build, because it is as vanilla as vanilla get.

So a new player Excalibur, Rhino, Mag or Volt wouldn't benefit from this type of build?

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

My Gauss disagrees entirely.

Lol three config slots are on my side. You can use 1 to use a general build and the other two for special min/maxing.

Its like my buddies octi. Sure his buffs give much more power and last longer then my basic octi.  But he has no survivability and needs a harrow/trinity to maintain energy.

So his oct isn't good for general play.

Because with a minmax Operator with Vazarin's Protective Dash and Guardian Blast, 15m radius R5 Magus Lockdown, or R5 Magus Repair that can heal 75% of my 6K Inaros HP in two seconds ('cause the first proc of pulse occur at the 0 second), do I even die as ANY frame? I rather be the most useful person in the squad by a long shot.

Edited by Ragnafiro
Edit