Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Astralwanderung

Amp secondary 2 is unusable, now

I mean the "Arca Plasmor" shot, to be clear. Short range and makes an explosion at impact.

Well, it was already ruined when they added self-damage to it (two shots to the Hidrolyst and I killed myself, despite all passive upgrades active), but it was still good to dispatch groups of Vomvalysts close to each other.

Now it's outright unusable.
Let's say the shot explodes on its own after travelling 10 m (I don't know actual distances, but I think we're around there), if it explodes at that distance, alright.
But if you're shooting while moving forward, and move just a single meter, you get light stagger (operator is locked in a 1 second c.ca animation covering with their forearm). And if you move close enough, you get the full stagger animation, getting pushed back/tumbling.
Imagine this in the middle of fighting, especially with Eidolons, with thousands of effects and things that make total chaos... how often do you think you'll be able to hit without being in range of at least the small stagger? (Spoiler: never, and if you do, you'll have used up your luck for winning lottery.)

Yeah, the first time I tried to do Tridolon with my old Rahn-Shraksun-Certus Amp, I knew right away it wasn't go to work out.

I've since switched to a Klamora-Phahd-Certus Amp, which works okay.

If you mean the Shraksun scaffold, I've been using it after update just fine, including Anomalies and Eidolons.

Considering the shot travels through any enemy including Eidolons and only detonates on contact with an obstacle, maybe you just need to keep your reticle above the horizon and watcout for surrounding geometry?

I agree.  The Operator knockback mechanic has rendered the Shraksun virtually unusable now. 

I agree with @ant99999 , I've had absolutely no issue using shraksun. Sure it got a bit annoying but nothing more than that. I've never fully CCd myself with it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Astralwanderung said:

I mean the "Arca Plasmor" shot, to be clear. Short range and makes an explosion at impact.

Well, it was already ruined when they added self-damage to it (two shots to the Hidrolyst and I killed myself, despite all passive upgrades active), but it was still good to dispatch groups of Vomvalysts close to each other.

Now it's outright unusable.
Let's say the shot explodes on its own after travelling 10 m (I don't know actual distances, but I think we're around there), if it explodes at that distance, alright.
But if you're shooting while moving forward, and move just a single meter, you get light stagger (operator is locked in a 1 second c.ca animation covering with their forearm). And if you move close enough, you get the full stagger animation, getting pushed back/tumbling.
Imagine this in the middle of fighting, especially with Eidolons, with thousands of effects and things that make total chaos... how often do you think you'll be able to hit without being in range of at least the small stagger? (Spoiler: never, and if you do, you'll have used up your luck for winning lottery.)

I just posted a long message in my Eidolon Group Chat on PS4. I normally sit invisible and shoot my Amps secondary fire while being invisible. Everytime I shoot while invisible my operator will come out of invisibility mode which is normal. Once it goes back to being in to invisible the operator does this block gesture before I can fire my amp. There is a huge delay between shots when I try to walk while firing. I ran just one Eidolong before I said F that and just quit it. I get tired of DE constantly changing things that were not broken. 

what i always find hilarious is that they always break things after multiple years which at that point only makes the people that enjoy it quit, or new people to get annoyed and not even try.

On 2020-03-17 at 12:19 AM, ant99999 said:

If you mean the Shraksun scaffold, I've been using it after update just fine, including Anomalies and Eidolons.

Considering the shot travels through any enemy including Eidolons and only detonates on contact with an obstacle, maybe you just need to keep your reticle above the horizon and watcout for surrounding geometry?

Unfortunately, no.

It explodes on contact with anything, including Eidolons and Vomvalysts. The only two ways to avoid stagger are to either 1) shoot to completely empty space in the air or 2) to shoot at the exact distance where you can hit but not get staggered (which is impossible amid battle, except by mere chance once in a while).

This stagger mechanic has really ruined many weapons, and this secondary Amp fire is probably the most ruined of all.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Astralwanderung said:

It explodes on contact with anything, including Eidolons and Vomvalysts.

Then how was I able to stand behind the Eidolon's leg and shoot this thing all the way through his hip to deal multiple instances of damage?

Well, I haven't hunted them for a couple days, maybe it was changed suddenly, I will try today and update this.

I don't know about your experience, but mine is: if I shoot perfectly above ground and it hits the Eidolon before stagger range has been covered, I get stagger. Every single time.

Update: I've since found a winner. Well, my winner at any rate. Shwaak-Dissic-Lohrin, aka 263, with Virtuos Fury. 267 might be even better, but while I'm still willing to experiment with alternatives, I need a break from running Pavlov.

Shwaak for Eidolon shields, Dissic for clearing Vomvalyst swarms, just gotta make sure to get nice and close to hit the Eidolon multiple times with each shot. Soloed the set in under 25 minutes, like old times.

The shot is passing through eidolons the way it always has. Only shooting at my feet has staggered me, which I obviously don't do.

I did a hunt with some people yesterday to test exactly that.
It is unusable the way I used it before(go to the leg and shoot straight up to utilise the punch trough)
The strange thing is the volt in the group put up great shields(close to the ground, pointing up) and I still got staggered every time.

8 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I did a hunt with some people yesterday to test exactly that.
It is unusable the way I used it before(go to the leg and shoot straight up to utilise the punch trough)
The strange thing is the volt in the group put up great shields(close to the ground, pointing up) and I still got staggered every time.

Well, I did several hunts yesterday, using the same method, behind leg, shooting up.

I didn't get staggered once.

Strange then.I will try again today, but still I'm not the only one experiencing this.
Maybe the update favours your shots, dunno. 😄

35 minutes ago, da_blok_is_hot said:

If you had the choice of your operator taking:

A. Small damage (10-15 health dmg) per Shraksun shot

or 

B. Taking no damage while instead getting staggered, knocked back when shooting everytime

Which would you choose. I mean this is as simple as it gets. Anyone choosing B has something seriously wrong with them. 

If you get staggered every time you shoot, your nose must be against a wall.

Seriously, stop exaggerating.

So, I did some testing, an the results seem... perplexing.

With the regular enemies it seems more or less clear, projectile does indeed go through without exploding, but the cause of stagger is its interaction with Void proc - bullet attractor.

With the Eidolons however... more than strange. It only causes light staggers (must be why I didn't notice it, since using Void Strike makes one shot to be enough to deplete Teralyst's shields), but it does it on the regular, somehow even affecting other enemies.

Here are two videos I've recorded, with regular enemies and with Teralyst.

As I don't see it as anything but a bug, I'll report it in the bugs section.

4 hours ago, da_blok_is_hot said:

You get staggered away 8-9 meters away. How about you properly test it. Go to the simulacrum like I did and test it. Dont insult my intelligence by saying I am exaggerating and my nose is against a wall. Go test it out for yourself. Dont be ignorant. 

I've been using it in eidolon hunts, I was an hour ago.

Don't call me ignorant sunshine... Ignored.

4 hours ago, ant99999 said:

So, I did some testing, an the results seem... perplexing.

With the regular enemies it seems more or less clear, projectile does indeed go through without exploding, but the cause of stagger is its interaction with Void proc - bullet attractor.

With the Eidolons however... more than strange. It only causes light staggers (must be why I didn't notice it, since using Void Strike makes one shot to be enough to deplete Teralyst's shields), but it does it on the regular, somehow even affecting other enemies.

Here are two videos I've recorded, with regular enemies and with Teralyst.

As I don't see it as anything but a bug, I'll report it in the bugs section.

I haven't even noticed the small staggers during eidolons, but it's interesting to see.

Those that are stating that it's "unusable" though are exaggerating.

Thanks for the tests/vids.

5 hours ago, da_blok_is_hot said:

You get staggered away 8-9 meters away. How about you properly test it. Go to the simulacrum like I did and test it. Dont insult my intelligence by saying I am exaggerating and my nose is against a wall. Go test it out for yourself. Dont be ignorant. 

45 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

I've been using it in eidolon hunts, I was an hour ago.

Don't call me ignorant sunshine... Ignored.

they are right tho

Is this the meta amp that penetrates then explodes? The one that’s good for Eddy’s?

if so what’s the problem? I’ve been doing it on pc with no problem. Well a slight stagger but my fire-rate is close to the same. Also given it’s overwhelming efficiency on fighting Eddy’s it’s still the best amp.

5 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

I’ve been doing it on pc with no problem. Well a slight stagger but my fire-rate is close to the same.

Stagger is supposed to be a punishment for poor handling of a weapon, not to happen constantly, no matter what you're doing. If you want to nerf Shraksun, nerf it properly, by altering its characteristics instead of making the game abuse it's own mechanics.