Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New "helion" Type Enemies?

Boomstick720

So I've been playing phobos a bit recently, and I really love fighting the grineer helions.  They are quick, tough, have multiple strategies in attacking, require you to move a lot to avoid them, and are just overall some of the most fun enemies in the game.  They don't stunlock, they don't insta-kill, they are just highly mobile damaging units that require actual skill to take them down.

I think more enemies should be more like them, don't you think?

Here are a few suggestions.

Corpus

Leaper Moa

Basically another class of moa with a deep red coloring on its legs.  They frequently leap around, and can hang on walls, ceilings, etc.  They often will try to avoid staying on the ground, and will occasionally jump at a player, doing hefty damage and possible stagger.  This jump will have about a 3 second windup, in which the moa will bend its legs and spin its turret around before finally leaping.  They are equipped with the standard turret for moas.

Corpus Commandos(?)

They are roughly the same height as Corpus techs, but they come with a prova (if possible a different corpus melee weapon, but prova will do), a grappling hook, and a supra.  They use their hook similar to scorpion, but rather than dragging you down to them, they pull themselves to you for a fast melee attack.  The hook can also be used to reach higher areas, and commandos can hang from the ceiling firing their supra.

Infested

Creepers

These are flatish infested that crawl on the ceilings and walls.  They often will leap around the area, coughing up gas clouds and occasionally leaping at players as well.  They are similar to crawlers in their base speed, and moving speed, but unlike leapers, cannot knock down the player.  They explode in a cloud of poison upon death, unless its by a melee weapon.

These are just a few very rough ideas I came up with, but I'd love to see some other people with enemies that provide the same gist.  Namely, enemies that keep players on the move, are themselves mobile, and are a serious enough threat that they cannot be ignored.

I've always found Hellions to be among the most annoying. I could Zorencopter out of the spot where the missiles are aimed and find cover, and two of them could still chase after me and break my sentinel.

But as long as the air/wallborne units don't have darn-near-impossible-to-dodge tracking attacks, then +1 to this idea.

Corpus Commandos(?)

[...] They use their hook similar to scorpion, but rather than dragging you down to them, they pull themselves to you for a fast melee attack.

Are they using Rollerblades? If that lightweight Scorpion is already able to drag us around, it sounds just wrong that a heavy corpus is using the same mechanics to pull himself to us.

Apart from that: They sound like a really nasty combination of Scorpions, Flameblades and Techs. I'd rather give them another, lighter weapon (Grineer Commanders use Grakata, too, and not some of their heavies' arsenal). And then I still wouldn't want to meet more than one of them at the same time.

Are they using Rollerblades? If that lightweight Scorpion is already able to drag us around, it sounds just wrong that a heavy corpus is using the same mechanics to pull himself to us.

Apart from that: They sound like a really nasty combination of Scorpions, Flameblades and Techs. I'd rather give them another, lighter weapon (Grineer Commanders use Grakata, too, and not some of their heavies' arsenal). And then I still wouldn't want to meet more than one of them at the same time.

Yeah now that you mention it is a bit silly.  My thinking is just to have a more mobile corpus unit that isn't a moa.  I was thinking an alternative would be a jetpack, but I don't want to directly rip off the helions.

If anyone has any alternative suggestions, I'd love to hear them.