Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Gate and Dodging for Companions

PsiWarp

While I haven't tested this on my own Companions, I'd really like for them to get Shield Gate on their shields as well. It would boost their survivability in the higher enemy levels.

In particular, Sentinels go down extremely quickly, and yes while there is Regen, that just cements the fact they need it to not become irrelevant (which inevitably they do, since they are dead).

For Pets 2.0, I hope Sentinels can get something akin to an invulnerability phase/dodging mechanic. For example, it switches from floating above my right shoulder to my left, while doing so becoming invulnerable to damage as it dodges attacks aimed at it. Rather than a mod, this would be an innate behaviour to help them survive combat.

What other mechanics do you want to see for MOAs, Kubrows, Kavats, etc?

• Like 4

I agree something needs to be done.
When I go to arbies I always use Djinn from a couple of months. I got tired of wanting to use a cat or a dog or helius and after the 40-50 min mark if they didn't die before that, they will.
If I want to go on a "serious" mission and want to have my vacuum at all times Djinn becomes the meta for me.

• Like 1

Id just be happy for more things that can heal/give shields could affect them more. I have a myriad of ways to heal myself but those same mechanics cant heal my companion. 

Id also like if arcane procs could be shared with them. I feel as though I remember grace working on them before but I think it doesnt now.

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

What other mechanics do you want to see for MOAs, Kubrows, Kavats, etc?

definitely shield gatingas you said, but also an AI rework, and a serious buff to Kubrows and Helminth Chargers;

- since Kavats rely on dodging to avoid damage, Kubrows should be made a far more tanky equivalent, and given Damage Reduction abilities. Pack leader or Health Link isn't enough; if it was, you'd see a lot more Kubrows out there. 

- Helminth Chargers need cooler infested style abilities, and adding some synergy with Nidus would be decent as well. since Infestation is hard to get rid of permanently, they should be able to regenerate: upon death, they become an infested pod that grows in size, eventually spawning a new Charger. could be added as a passive or as a mod.

all companions need some kind of regen, otherwise the tougher ones/ ones that can resurrect faster and more often will always be in the meta.

• Like 2

My Kavat gets absolutely deleted even with 4 formas and all the links in the world maxed in veil as soon as I do something other than Piloting or exploring sentient ships(actually he is fine there lôl), he often dies when I rush crew ship cores(and it takes less than 15seconds, with maybe 5 seconds of actual aggro maximum)

Edited by Galuf

13 minutes ago, Galuf said:

My Kavat gets absolutely deleted even with 4 formas and all the links in the world maxed in veil as soon as I do something other than Piloting or exploring sentient ships(actually he is fine there lôl), he often dies when I rush crew ship cores(and it takes less than 15seconds, with maybe 5 seconds of actual aggro maximum)

Lol mine has 7 forma and still dies in higher level arbies.

I think it would be nice if all pets res after 180 sec. 2x djinns. 

What I would do with this is hopefully add pet arcanes that 1/2 this for each level 3 arcane in it. So with 2 you would have a 45 sec res. Djinn would get 1 more 1/2 making his 22.5