Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If I Build Some Crits On Galatine?

StanicEnemy

Question

14 answers to this question

Yes, crit mods affect charge damage as well, but differently.

The normal attack crit chance for the Galatine is 5%, but the charge crit chance is 25% at 200% damage every crit.

With maxed charge damage amplifiers, you do 1240 damage every charge.

With maxed crit mods (True Steel and Organ Shatter) alongside, you perform a total of 380% that damage with a 40% crit chance.

2/5 times you use a charge attack, you will deal 4712 damage in total.

there isnt much space for crit, imo, unless you forma it, assuming you're maxing out charge speed, charge damage, Ap, and attack speed. i have a true steel equiped for the last 5 points, simply because nothing else worthwhile fits in a 5 points slot.

i, personally, think it's more important to have guaranteed kills per swing, instead of, for instance, 50% chance to do mega damage, but otherwise wont kill.

edit: even if you forma it, there's only one slot left, if you have the above 4 things maxed, so you're not gonna fit both crit damage and chance on it without sacrificing. but then again, this is going by my build, your's might give you more space.

Edited by leonvision

there isnt much space for crit, imo, unless you forma it, assuming you're maxing out charge speed, charge damage, Ap, and attack speed. i have a true steel equiped for the last 5 points, simply because nothing else worthwhile fits in a 5 points slot.

i, personally, think it's more important to have guaranteed kills per swing, instead of, for instance, 50% chance to do mega damage, but otherwise wont kill.

edit: even if you forma it, there's only one slot left, if you have the above 4 things maxed, so you're not gonna fit both crit damage and chance on it without sacrificing. but then again, this is going by my build, your's might give you more space.

It requires two forma to reach it's maximum potential and it's so worth it, believe me. Right now I crit 6.8k on light infested without crit damage. With it, I'd be critting about 12.9k. And if you use Loki, your red crits would probably go above 20k.

charge speed, charge damage, ap and attack speed, thats only 4 mods, theres plenty of room for crit damage and crit chance.

It requires two forma to reach it's maximum potential and it's so worth it, believe me. Right now I crit 6.8k on light infested without crit damage. With it, I'd be critting about 12.9k. And if you use Loki, your red crits would probably go above 20k.

Damage to light infested isn't a good benchmark because its inflated 3 times. The real concern is how much damage you do to ancients/heavies.

charge speed, charge damage, ap and attack speed, thats only 4 mods, theres plenty of room for crit damage and crit chance.

There are 2 charge speed and 2 charge damage mods (the ones you don't have are probably from Nightmare missions):

Reflex Coil + Focus Energy (charge speed + charge speed and electricity)

and

Killing Blow + Rending Strike (charge damage + charge damage and armor pierce)

With all of that being said, my build for Galatine (which is pretty common among a lot of players):

Reflex Coil + Focus Energy

Killing Blow + Rending Strike

Fury

Sundering Strike (is what I always keep on, but others switch for elements per faction)

True Steel + Organ Shatter

The galatine is the first melee weapon to deal crazy charge damage and crits at the same time.

This is a weapon you want to use only for charge attacks.

Since its charge is very slow, you want all the mods that reduce the charge speed INCLUDING Fury which reduces the swing animation.

You DON'T need to use pressure point, it is useless because it doesn't affect charge damage nor crits (you never use this sword for simple melee attacks anyway, the base damage is too low, but hey, it had to have a disavantage ^^).

Like said above use a Loki or an Ash being invisible and you'll get the biggest red numbers!! 

Last time I really paid attention, I saw some 17000ish red numbers against level 200+ ancients using Ash, at this stage I stoped using my 3formas soma/despairs, it was way too long to get a kill...

2 Formas and you get the ultimate build, here's a pic, hope that helps ;)

23m4uw4.jpg

PS: Some say it's best to use the fire mod (sorry forgot how it's called) instead of sundering strike (AP mod) against infested.. Honestly, I've never seen a difference since the numbers are so huge..!

Edited by S4lF

PS: Some say it's best to use the fire mod (sorry forgot how it's called) instead of sundering strike (AP mod) against infested.. Honestly, I've never seen a difference since the numbers are so huge..!

Far better to use the AP mod against Infested, as lesser infested take 3x damage and are almost always 1 shot anyways, while Ancients have heavy armor and take little-no damage from the fire mod, but will take significantly more damage from the AP mod.

You can leave out a maxed Reflex Coil in a 1-forma build to get;

(6) Killing Blow

9 Rending Strike

9 Focus Energy

9 Fury

7 Sundering Strike

9 Organ Shatter

9 True Steel

2 R0 Reflex Coil

But you might as well go for 2 formas for the max reflex coil.

The galatine is the first melee weapon to deal crazy charge damage and crits at the same time.

This is a weapon you want to use only for charge attacks.

Since its charge is very slow, you want all the mods that reduce the charge speed INCLUDING Fury which reduces the swing animation.

You DON'T need to use pressure point, it is useless because it doesn't affect charge damage nor crits (you never use this sword for simple melee attacks anyway, the base damage is too low, but hey, it had to have a disavantage ^^).

Like said above use a Loki or an Ash being invisible and you'll get the biggest red numbers!! 

Last time I really paid attention, I saw some 17000ish red numbers against level 200+ ancients using Ash, at this stage I stoped using my 3formas soma/despairs, it was way too long to get a kill...

2 Formas and you get the ultimate build, here's a pic, hope that helps ;)

23m4uw4.jpg

Thanks mate! it helped me much right now.