Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes & COVID-19 Information Thread.

[DE]Rebecca

Il y a 14 heures, Lyravain a dit :

This kinda annoys me that I even HAVE to say this but; DE, please stop listening to the crybabies that demand you risk your health for an update. Stay safe, delay the update if you need to in order to make it a good one.

To all the crybabies; stop whining. Yes, they said the update was going to ship early March, you think they don't want to stick to a schedule, or that they want to annoy the community? Do you think that it's 'that easy' to write code, without any prior basis on how to make things work? We're talking several hundred thousand lines of code for this event alone, where a single missed letter can just crash the entire system. If you underdeveloped children think you can do their job better, go ahead and try. You are the exact same group of kids that will cry because the update launches late, but will also cry when it launches on time, but guess what, it's filled with bugs. Sure the system might work with 10 people and a couple squads, but having to do the entire thing for hundreds of people at the same time (and that's a VERY conservative estimate) means that a 1% extra burden on the servers is gonna send your ping to over 1k. And that's WITHOUT game-breaking bugs, glitches, crashes and all the fun of a new update. But no, you want the update and you want it now and you do not care about the devs' health, you selfish brats.

It sucks for everyone when an update is delayed, but it will suck more if you hear that half the team needs to be HOSPITALIZED. Or did we learn nothing from Bioware and EA's practice of needing to have special rooms so that their devs can have their mental breakdowns in peace? Now imagine this, but with an ACTUAL VIRUS on top. Find a new game to pass the time, let them do their job in peace.

No. I don't ask to don't be safe. The scarlet spear should be ready. They should have finish it earlier. They had announced that it was ready to start earlier than the actual date.

No, the devs don't a good work. Yes, it is not easy, but every time, they are late, and there is still lot of bug.

i don't know where is the problem ; if the base code is bad structured, if they are just bad, if the ambitions are too high and the communication team
 say irealistic things, or anything other ; but there is a problem.

5 minutes ago, Flexcalibur_umbra said:

last i checked, Hellen (nor anyone else) seems over the age of 80. But its still good to keep healthy so you don't feel like garbage or spread it

Yeah thats right but thats the main thing its not because you are not over 80 ( or even over 60 ) that you are not at risk. Immune system quality is there for something. If your health condition is not good its not better ^.^ 

Thanks for the update on the status of scarlett spear. I know it's a pain to VPN a whole studio (we're living it too at work hihi), and hope you can get that remote gig running as fast as possible without too much headache ! May you avoid the spectre of laggy controller delays and terrible performance as you tear your hairs out trying to get things done !

16 hours ago, LeaserResael said:

Nothing matters more than the safety and health of everyone. So stay safe and only then focus on the game.

I know what you mean and agree, but the way you phrased this just makes me want to come up with lists of things that are more important. It's a pretty long list, but has nothing to do with Warframe, gaming, or reality. 😛

On 2020-03-18 at 10:22 AM, Flexcalibur_umbra said:

last i checked, Hellen (nor anyone else) seems over the age of 80. But its still good to keep healthy so you don't feel like garbage or spread it

While I suspect that you are correct that DE's staff is on average at lower risk for complications with regards to COVID19, the critical part of this pandemic is managing global finite health resources.  Younger people can still be infection vectors for people with higher risk factors.  While [DE]Hellen may be fine, her mom might not be if literally everyone in Canada's mom and grandma are all trying to get on a respirator at the same time.  Younger people practicing social distancing helps slow the spread of the disease among our elders as well.

WaPo had an excellent primer on the "flattening the curve" term that's been getting tossed around a lot recently with some really great, simple simulations that help illustrate the underlying math of it all.  Have a look if you're interested:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

Our goal isn't to avoid infection long-term (we can't - everyone is going to get it within the next year or so; it's just so bloody infectious).  It's to lengthen the time it takes for everyone to get it.  Minimizing the number of simultaneous symptomatic cases means that our finite medical resources can be applied to that population to maximize their survival chances.  More people sick simultaneously means there is less available to each individual, reducing survival chances for everyone.

ETA: With apologies to [DE]Hellen for the rather personal example.  I sincerely hope you and yours are all safe and healthy.

Hey DE!  Hope your transition is going well.  Thanks for keeping us entertained during all of this...I for one am stuck at home (im in the hospitality indurstry-ouch).  Totally understood if there is a delay on the Scarlet Spear but can we get an update on its release time frame?  Like I said, understand that everything in the world right now is changing and the update may be put way back on the furthest back burner but an update, on the update would help me (and I'm sure others) make some decisions on entertainment.  Thanks as always for this great game! 

On 2020-03-17 at 4:32 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

As our government provides more information on our Province and Country’s response to COVID-19, we wanted to outline our plans to keep the Warframe and Digital Extremes team safe and healthy. Our health impacts those around us, which is the key part of our Policy. 

Healthy and Safety first as aways.

Without the DE staff around who gona add some of the most amazing content in the world to the Warframe ? I really can't imagine other people doing what the currently staff is doing in such amazing way.

Also here from Brazil were very concern about it aswell everything is getting closed now and people are starting to work from home mostly of companys are doing it.

But no worries stay safe Tenno. and wash your hands. 

On 2020-03-18 at 6:46 PM, GKP_light said:

No. I don't ask to don't be safe. The scarlet spear should be ready. They should have finish it earlier. They had announced that it was ready to start earlier than the actual date.

No, the devs don't a good work. Yes, it is not easy, but every time, they are late, and there is still lot of bug.

i don't know where is the problem ; if the base code is bad structured, if they are just bad, if the ambitions are too high and the communication team
 say irealistic things, or anything other ; but there is a problem.

Have you ever been to a restaurant? In most cases they 'should' have you served within 10-15minutes of you placing your order. How often does that happen? They announced that it SHOULD be ready and that the basic structure is there. But if a bug exists for a testing group for 20 people, it's gonna tear the entire thing a new orifice. I even stated that in my statement, but to remind you; if something has a 1/1000 chance of appearing and there's 20 people, it's likely to not show up, but if there's 2 MILLION people on it, at the same time, over an extended period of time (we're gamers, we no-life new updates), it's not a chance, but a certainty.

You can certainly disagree with the devs doing a good job (also bugs? really? Have yet to play a single game these last 10 years that doesn't have bugs, at least for Warframe most of them are minor annoyances).

I'd tell you to pick up coding, even at an introductory level and try to make a calculator. But; you do the calculator's display, someone else will do the input and a bunch of other people will do the individual functions, while someone else will have to keep all you guys/girls in line. Have fun figuring that mess out. Now, increase that about a few hundred thousand times, might approach the coding of professionals.

If you still don't get it; this stuff is complicated, things happen, people miscommunicate, it doesn't always work and things get delayed. Stop whining, sit down and craft Formas (we all know we're gonna need a few dozen of'em again). Or, you know, play another game to pass the time.

Il y a 2 heures, Lyravain a dit :

Have you ever been to a restaurant? In most cases they 'should' have you served within 10-15minutes of you placing your order. How often does that happen? They announced that it SHOULD be ready and that the basic structure is there. But if a bug exists for a testing group for 20 people, it's gonna tear the entire thing a new orifice. I even stated that in my statement, but to remind you; if something has a 1/1000 chance of appearing and there's 20 people, it's likely to not show up, but if there's 2 MILLION people on it, at the same time, over an extended period of time (we're gamers, we no-life new updates), it's not a chance, but a certainty.

You can certainly disagree with the devs doing a good job (also bugs? really? Have yet to play a single game these last 10 years that doesn't have bugs, at least for Warframe most of them are minor annoyances).

I'd tell you to pick up coding, even at an introductory level and try to make a calculator. But; you do the calculator's display, someone else will do the input and a bunch of other people will do the individual functions, while someone else will have to keep all you guys/girls in line. Have fun figuring that mess out. Now, increase that about a few hundred thousand times, might approach the coding of professionals.

If you still don't get it; this stuff is complicated, things happen, people miscommunicate, it doesn't always work and things get delayed. Stop whining, sit down and craft Formas (we all know we're gonna need a few dozen of'em again). Or, you know, play another game to pass the time.

watch this video from 2:22 to 3:22

it is really more than "1/1000 problem".

(and i know what coding is, i am in master of computer science.)

Archived