Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's Blood Forge Augment: Rework Needed (Compilation of Player Ideas)

Moriscu

latest?cb=20200205022216

Like, what? Are you serious?

Garuda’s Bloodforge augment is poorly designed and takes a slot of mandatory mods that modify Duration, Range, Efficiency, Strength, or those that drastically change the way she is played (such as Quick Thinking). Please make this mod Exilus to give it a chance to be fitted in our builds, or tweak it in a way that justifies the use of a non-Exilus slot.

A good example: Baruuk’s Endless Lullaby that came out along with this augment that not only modifies the ability in an appropriate manner but also gives it 50% extra duration, which justifies the use of a slot, unlike Blood Forge.

If it was planned to be used in some sort of synergy with Ocucor’s quirk or something like Primed Chamber, then there’s really no reason to choose this augment over countless magazine regeneration methods, such as Synth set bonus (+20% per second, can be stacked), a number of Weapon Exilus mods (+20% per second, can be stacked), or even Blood for Ammo Parazon mod (instant 100% magazine refillment). It does not give you any objective advantage over aforementioned mods but takes a slot that could be used for other necessities.

I’m hoping for the best. DE, we need a massive augment overhaul for every single case like this one (namely, Chroma, Nyx, Revenant and many others are in need of treatment). Please don’t make the same mistake again.

Here's a quick compilation of all ideas proposed in this thread as of 4/6/2020:

On 2020-03-18 at 2:06 AM, DarkSkysz said:

Imo that mod should apply a buff (maybe 15s base duration) to the warframe giving life steal on headshot kills. More or less like Hema.

On 2020-03-18 at 2:07 AM, TheGrimCorsair said:

The skill should have been for her Blood Altars.

It should have allowed her Blood Alter to refill clip at its percentage rate.

Still no ammo regen as you can get plenty of ammo through other means, tho

On 2020-03-18 at 9:11 AM, Bakahung said:

Should have like +30% efficiency for blood letting . Than it will be a good choice .

On 2020-04-01 at 6:55 PM, Teridax68 said:

I agree that the augment should be allowed into the Exilus slot, though even then, I doubt its usefulness given how reloading is typically not a problem on most weapons. My suggestions to improve it:

• Make Garuda generate the ammo herself, instead of drawing from the weapon's ammo reserves. The fact that the augment doesn't even actually forge new ammunition, as its name suggests, is kind of pathetic given the health cost.
  • Give the new clip a fire rate boost. That way, not only would Garuda give herself a DPS boost through the augment, she'd empty her clip more often, giving her more chances to make use of the instant reload.

Effectively, the augment would become a proper gunplay mod, rather than a hyper-niche bit of utility that currently has trouble justifying itself even if it were made an Exilus mod. 

Edited by Morisabeau
Ain't losin' hope.
  • Like 30

4 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Would prefer this than having the Mechanics of the Augment being for Blood Letting. I know Blood Letting let her Passive buff the damage of her Guns but at the same time, situational and there's better ways to Reload than sacrificing Health.

Edited by GPrime96

7 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

there's better ways to Reload than sacrificing Health.

Yup, that's the point! You can use Synth mod set on your sentinels or pets for passive magazine regeneration, and also there are these Exilus weapon mods that give you flat 20% mag Regen that can also be stacked with the Synth set bonus for nigh instant reload (good for Ocucor). Sometimes it can be even faster than casting Garuda's Bloodletting which is insane.

I tried to use it with Primed Chamber on weapons other than Vectis but nah, still ineffective as the casting animation is too long, even with Natural Talent.

This Garuda's augment is utterly useless and can easily be compensated with everything described above, which is my all around loadout for everyday use. DE must likely just forgot to make it Exilus, as it currently is in a really, really poor state.

The same thing applies to her Dread Mirror augment as it is a worse version of Quick Thinking, but it's not for this topic.

Edited by Morisabeau
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

The skill should have been for her Blood Altars.

Still no ammo regen as you can get plenty of ammo through other means, tho

That's an awesome idea! Although in that case it should be giving some extra 50% range to Blood Altars. Magazine regeneration for you and your squad sounds pretty much awesome, and definitely better than what we have right now.

Nobody currently seems to like that augment. Do we need to ping the devs to be heard?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Morisabeau said:

@[DE]Rebecca Please tell me you guys are secretly working on a massive augment overhaul for all cases like this one, as this tendency feels rather depressing. ;m;

I thought it was mentioned that was going to be a trend when they fixed all of the "buff allies and self with (element)" augments (which was awesome). 

Then nothing else happened. We still have many barely worth a slot augments, and still mandatory augments to fix issues because the base ability is useless (Absorb).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Morisabeau said:

Yup, that's the point! You can use Synth mod set on your sentinels or pets for passive magazine regeneration, and also there are these Exilus weapon mods that give you flat 20% mag Regen that can also be stacked with the Synth set bonus for nigh instant reload (good for Ocucor). Sometimes it can be even faster than casting Garuda's Bloodletting which is insane.

I tried to use it with Primed Chamber on weapons other than Vectis but nah, still ineffective as the casting animation is too long, even with Natural Talent.

This Garuda's augment is utterly useless and can easily be compensated with everything described above, which is my all around loadout for everyday use. DE must likely just forgot to make it Exilus, as it currently is in a really, really poor state.

The same thing applies to her Dread Mirror augment as it is a worse version of Quick Thinking, but it's not for this topic.

I used to use Dread Mirror’s Augment but took it off. From someone who mains her for over a year, using that Augment for Immortality is useless when you can do the same by being active and casting her Abilities a lot. With Shield Gating being a thing, she can survive even longer which throws the Augment in the Garbage.

Also "Blood for Ammo" exists. I am currently out of ideas on how to make use of this poor augment. No one likes it and nobody uses it. It has to be 'revised' as well.

I am currently worried what kind of torture Garuda's augment designer is preparing for the next time. This is outright rude!

14 minutes ago, Morisabeau said:

I am currently worried what kind of torture Garuda's augment designer is preparing for the next time. This is outright rude!

Also when you look at Nidus or Harrow’s Augment(s), Garuda’s Augments just don’t fit her way of playing when controlled by a good Garuda Player. If the Augments for her 2 and 4 follows the same road as the other ones, then it’s a GG for Garuda using any of her Augments.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-19 at 7:49 AM, GPrime96 said:

Garuda’s Augments just don’t fit her way of playing when controlled by a good Garuda Player.

Agreed. Her 1st augment honestly looks like a cheap and unreliable alternative to Quick Thinking for those who don't have the said mod. But I'm not sure if these players still exist.

Something makes me think that all these horrible augments (1st for Revenant, that Exilus one for Octavia, both augments for Garuda) are from the same designer in their team. This person is really, really disconnected from what they're working on.

Garuda's the most unlucky warframe in this game since her launch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Morisabeau said:

Standing next to Revenent , who have identical issues , and experiencing terrible existential crises since .

This can almost be a weird fanfic or something .

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Morisabeau said:

Still no word from the devs? They seem to have added new augments already, and forgot that cases like this one still exist and need treatment.

Even if there was word, there's kinda more pressing matters, and the word would likely be "we'll get to it when we get to it."

Further, it'd likely be some six months to a year out if they were going to look at it, unless the recent disruptions to development opened up an opportunity, likely by bumping some other far more important, project to create time for them to work on this.

On 2020-03-20 at 2:03 AM, Morisabeau said:

I dunno, can you name a frame who has consistently gotten tweaks like her since launch? Most frames come out and either get tweaked in the window of launch or never do. Probably the last warframe to get attention like her was back in the old days where trinity was so busted there would be a patch every month to try and bring her to the place you see her today. Could be wrong.

Since her launch we got:

• The pretty notable changes to her base kit from launch to fix it's less than stellar state.
  • A number of pretty good bug fixes.
  • Her random buffs which make the floor for modding her properly much lower as well as a very slight speed increase and a visual indicator for dread heart.
  • Huge smoothing of her playstyle with the animation canceling of her 4 into her heart throw that also came out of nowhere several updates later.
  • They made her heart still charging at 0 energy if you have regen an actual function of the ability to make it consistent, even if it was nerfed. They could have just removed it, but decided not to.
  • They increased the size of her dread mirror by like a little over 10% to stop enemies shooting your feet as much (which I personally rarely saw), but in turn this also increased your effective block angle by a solid amount.

Augments withstanding, Garuda is someones love child over at DE.

You could be a warframe who hasn't been touched in years/needs some love too and also has terrible augments, some even a full set of all bad augments. Like say... chroma, hildryn, ivara, nyx, revenant, etc.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

I dunno, can you name a frame who has consistently gotten tweaks like her since launch?

Yeah, that gives a lot of hope. Although by 'being unlucky' I meant that she was in a horrible state for a while after her initial release, and also the fact that she actually needed all these received tweaks throughout the years. She's really different now compared to what she used to be back then, and I'm happy they didn't leave her to rot alone in such a terrible state she was released in.

But what they are doing to her augments right now is totally unacceptable, and this is why I started this thread. And as was mentioned earlier, Warframe needs a major augment overhaul, and that's why I mentioned a dev here.

And speaking of bugs, she's still got a few that cropped up with recent updates. Hopefully they'll get fixed soon (already reported).

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Annnoth said:

Since her launch we got:

• The pretty notable changes to her base kit from launch to fix it's less than stellar state.
  • A number of pretty good bug fixes.
  • Her random buffs which make the floor for modding her properly much lower as well as a very slight speed increase and a visual indicator for dread heart.
  • Huge smoothing of her playstyle with the animation canceling of her 4 into her heart throw that also came out of nowhere several updates later.
  • They made her heart still charging at 0 energy if you have regen an actual function of the ability to make it consistent, even if it was nerfed. They could have just removed it, but decided not to.
  • They increased the size of her dread mirror by like a little over 10% to stop enemies shooting your feet as much (which I personally rarely saw), but in turn this also increased your effective block angle by a solid amount.

ivara, revenant

And while she got all those nice changes, she’s still as underplayed as those two Frames. Most likely the reason why Garuda is getting so much Attention.

35 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

And while she got all those nice changes, she’s still as underplayed as those two Frames. Most likely the reason why Garuda is getting so much Attention.

The reason I point out garuda is because unlike almost all other frames she just gets changes randomly. The only time a frame really gets tweaked at all is they are either in the limelight for one reason or another like exploits or primes, or they are slated for the bi-annual DE physical where they try to rework a frame like they did with atlas or nezha. Look at atlas alone, one of the straight up least used frames got virtual 0 changes over the years until his eventual rework.

• Like 1