Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's Blood Forge Augment: Rework Needed (Compilation of Player Ideas)

Moriscu

I agree that the augment should be allowed into the Exilus slot, though even then, I doubt its usefulness given how reloading is typically not a problem on most weapons. My suggestions to improve it:

• Make Garuda generate the ammo herself, instead of drawing from the weapon's ammo reserves. The fact that the augment doesn't even actually forge new ammunition, as its name suggests, is kind of pathetic given the health cost.
  • Give the new clip a fire rate boost. That way, not only would Garuda give herself a DPS boost through the augment, she'd empty her clip more often, giving her more chances to make use of the instant reload.

Effectively, the augment would become a proper gunplay mod, rather than a hyper-niche bit of utility that currently has trouble justifying itself even if it were made an Exilus mod. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

I agree that the augment should be allowed into the Exilus slot, though even then, I doubt its usefulness given how reloading is typically not a problem on most weapons. My suggestions to improve it:

• Make Garuda generate the ammo herself, instead of drawing from the weapon's ammo reserves. The fact that the augment doesn't even actually forge new ammunition, as its name suggests, is kind of pathetic given the health cost.
  • Give the new clip a fire rate boost. That way, not only would Garuda give herself a DPS boost through the augment, she'd empty her clip more often, giving her more chances to make use of the instant reload.

Effectively, the augment would become a proper gunplay mod, rather than a hyper-niche bit of utility that currently has trouble justifying itself even if it were made an Exilus mod. 

These are quite good ideas, too! At this very moment virtually everything that is being proposed in this thread is objectively better than what we have in reality, so I'm not losing hope that the devs will hear us eventually.

• Like 1

The fact that this issue is still present makes me so depressed so I've collected all the ideas in the main post. Hopefully the devs one day will notice. Even Revenant's so-hated Blinding Reave does not look as depressing as this piece of a mod, but I'm not saying that it doesn't need a revision however.

32 minutes ago, -EPECb- said:

Needs buffs for this mod! I agree.

Oh hey fella, I remember you spamming quite a lot under each of patch notes imploring the devs for Garuda fixes for quite a while. Glad to see ya here as well. :3

Any thoughts on how this particular augment could be fixed?

• Like 1

I was quite excited for this mod, but since it doesn't actually forge ammo it doesn't work with many things I would have used it on (charge reload and ammo inefficient weapons)

All I needed from this mod was that 😕 (but +cast speed on bloodletting wouldn't hurt it either)

Edited by IceBen
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, IceBen said:

since it doesn't actually forge ammo

Well, I'd personally use it for an arch gun in that case. Seems to be pretty reasonable, but may be a little unbalanced given the fact that you would be able to use it, uh, well, pretty much infinitely. All arch guns are pretty weak compared to normal weapons however, so there's actually too much of a mess to be 'revised.'

20 hours ago, IceBen said:

(but +cast speed on bloodletting wouldn't hurt it either)

Although yeah, I can totally agree that it needs either to be giving extra efficiency for Bloodletting or adding up to its casting speed.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Scott mentioning recently that he as a developer does not want players to feel miserable in any way, which I totally appreciate. Honesty is always welcome, especially if your job is delivering fun to people.

Yet, the one who designed this, heh, augment seems not to share his position at all. Owie. Garuda's augments still need to be revised. Bumping this thread in a hope of a change.

DE, prime your cannons with hotfixes and blast them all over our faces already!

1 hour ago, Morisabeau said:

I remember Scott mentioning recently that he as a developer does not want players to feel miserable in any way, which I totally appreciate. Honesty is always welcome, especially if your job is delivering fun to people.

Yet, the one who designed this, heh, augment seems not to share his position at all. Owie. Garuda's augments still need to be revised. Bumping this thread in a hope of a change.

DE, prime your cannons with hotfixes and blast them all over our faces already!

Gettin' pretty #*!%in' close to dev bashing there.

no, and for the same reason reload speed mods are not weapon exilus. this mod allows you to completely bypass long reload speed weapons (hell even ones with fast reload speed) reload time.

why are people comparing this mod to synth mod which is weapon swap? weapon swap =/= reload speed. if this mod disabled the effects of garuda's passive i could understand, but it doesnt. anytime you use Bloodletting you get a 50% damage bonus and energy. paired with this mod you get a 50% damage boost with an almost instant reload and energy.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

The problem with that is this mod needs to compete with other mods . Yes near instant reload is nice , but

1. Blood letting has it's own animation time.

2.The benefits you mention are from blood letting it self , not the mod . The mod only give you instant reload.

2.sometime you just don't need that energy , do you want to lose 50% health just to save 2 second?

But yes , instant reload is really good , it can save a lot of weapon , and problem is that is the only thing it do , a niche.

Maybe not exilus , but this mod need some form of buff .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bakahung said:

The problem with that is this mod needs to compete with other mods . Yes near instant reload is nice , but

2.The benefits you mention are from blood letting it self , not the mod . The mod only give you instant reload.

2.sometime you just don't need that energy , do you want to lose 50% health just to save 2 second?

But yes , instant reload is really good , it can save a lot of weapon , and problem is that is the only thing it do , a niche.

i never said the mod gives you a damage boost. reload speed is its own damage boost (again why its not weapon exilus). if it doesnt fit your build dont use it but garuda has more room than most frames to fit augments in.

the problem isnt the augment. the problem is that people want free power when they ask DPS mods be moved to exilus.

42 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i never said the mod gives you a damage boost. reload speed is its own damage boost (again why its not weapon exilus). if it doesnt fit your build dont use it but garuda has more room than most frames to fit augments in.

the problem isnt the augment. the problem is that people want free power when they ask DPS mods be moved to exilus.

The reason why op want this to be put is Exilus is because how they feel underwhelmed by this mod's power . They did mentioned in the post that they also welcome a buff to the mod so it will be better as an actual mod .

I also agree that this mod should not be in Exilus , but a buff will be better .

Just now, Bakahung said:

The reason why op want this to be put is Exilus is because how they feel underwhelmed by this mod's power . They did mentioned in the post that they also welcome a buff to the mod so it will be better as an actual mod .

I also agree that this mod should not be in Exilus , but a buff will be better .

how is this already not a buff? anything more would just be overkill. thats the problem with augments now. they are straight up upgrades to powers.

Just now, EinheriarJudith said:

how is this already not a buff? anything more would just be overkill. thats the problem with augments now. they are straight up upgrades to powers.

I think that's the point of augments though ... 

Put that aside , an augment needs to be compete with other mods , since they all used a mod slot . Using this is not just goet a better blood letting , but maybe sacrificing 50% cast speed , more efficiency , those Augur mods , or Vigor , etc  ( I just assumed that's what will be can put in that slot instead ).

Is a kind of instant reload better than those things above ? I'm not sure , since I don't use her that much . But according to player's reaction , I don't think it's enough .

p.s. By buff , I mean a buff to the mod , not a buff to Garuda . 

2 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

so few augments actually change how the power is used. one example of a good one, is octavia's partition mallet. completely changes how you use mallet. i think augments should come with some kind of negative attribute.

Yes , And I think all augments should be either this , or a straight up buff . 

Changed the play style or make a power better .

4 minutes ago, Bakahung said:

Yes , And I think all augments should be either this , or a straight up buff . 

Changed the play style or make a power better .

i partially agree. buffs to powers should be placed in their base. not use as bandaid augments. id go as far as removing bloodlettings activation cost so that it cannot be used to activate her passive.

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i partially agree. buffs to powers should be placed in their base. not use as bandaid augments. id go as far as removing bloodlettings activation cost so that it cannot be used to activate her passive.

The buff to power I mentioned are not just some little buff , but one that can literally make people build around that power ( Which is a form of style change )

Like Mag's Counter pulse .

2 minutes ago, Bakahung said:

The buff to power I mentioned are not just some little buff , but one that can literally make people build around that power ( Which is a form of style change )

Like Mag's Counter pulse .

counter pulse doesnt change how you use polarize. it just makes it stronger than it already is. again this is something that should be in its base.

Edit: same with reaping chakram. doesnt change how you use blazing chakram just increases its power.

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

counter pulse doesnt change how you use polarize. it just makes it stronger than it already is. again this is something that should be in its base.

Edit: same with reaping chakram. doesnt change how you use blazing chakram just increases its power.

Polarize itself didn't change , that's true . But the build was changed . Now a CC mag is more viable thanks to this mod . 

And Chakram also didn't change , but make a Chakram focus build more viable , and people who like to use chakram can have a choice .

10 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Gettin' pretty #*!%in' close to dev bashing there.

Ain't bashing anyone, was just fooling around whilst being hopelessly sleepy. My bad if it that actually sounded way too tense.

9 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

no, and for the same reason reload speed mods are not weapon exilus. this mod allows you to completely bypass long reload speed weapons (hell even ones with fast reload speed) reload time.

I will strongly disagree on that comparing weapon and warframe Exilus slots is the way to go, as they contain completely different types of mods. Warframes have Exilus mods that deal direct damage that scales off your weapons, those that massively increase your mobility, modify your DPS-affecting stats (damage, range, max. energy, etc.), augments, and much, much more, which is on the other hand absolutely not the case for weapons. On top of that, we have set bonuses (including magazine regeneration), but as Vigilante set has shown, they aren't being taken into account at all.

8 hours ago, Bakahung said:

Exactly! As I mentioned earlier here, practically everything that is being proposed in this thread is objectively better than what we currently have.

8 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

but garuda has more room than most frames to fit augments in.

My all-around build with 155%/45%/235%/206.5% wants to disagree with you. From what I learned about her, there's such a huge difference even between 190/235 range values, given that your intention is to be an awesome teamplay focused Garuda for arbitrations and other high level content, so my only candidate for removal (and the only chance for this augment to be fitted in) is not on the list anymore. The same thing applies to my Seeking Talons spam build, but I don't really play it much as I find it rather selfish.

8 hours ago, Bakahung said:

Yep, you read me well! Even if not Exilus, it would be awesome to have some sort of a buff. I should probably rename/reorganise this thread to make it more inclusive for all ideas proposed here.

3 hours ago, Morisabeau said:

I will strongly disagree on that comparing weapon and warframe Exilus slots is the way to go, as they contain completely different types of mods. Warframes have Exilus mods that deal direct damage that scales off your weapons, those that massively increase your mobility, modify your DPS-affecting stats (damage, range, max. energy, etc.), augments, and much, much more, which is on the other hand absolutely not the case for weapons. On top of that, we have set bonuses (including magazine regeneration), but as Vigilante set has shown, they aren't being taken into account at all.

My all-around build with 155%/45%/235%/206.5% wants to disagree with you. From what I learned about her, there's such a huge difference even between 190/235 range values, given that your intention is to be an awesome teamplay focused Garuda for arbitrations and other high level content, so my only candidate for removal (and the only chance for this augment to be fitted in) is not on the list anymore. The same thing applies to my Seeking Talons spam build, but I don't really play it much as I find it rather selfish.

DE does not consider reload speed to be utility. Fact.

i remember posting that "if it doesnt fit your build dont use it". all augments are optional. i have space for it in my builds.

ill go on further to say that DE should never have allowed the silly power creep with allowing stat stacking. this is where all these problems come from.

• 4 weeks later...

I love blood forge just the way it is and the only change I'd like to see is to make the reload button cast bloodletting too

I run it on an energy/shield based tank with rejuvenation aura with maxed cast speed. Infinite ammo, infinite energy, and a global +100% final damage modifier.

• Like 1