Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's Blood Forge Augment: Rework Needed (Compilation of Player Ideas)

Moriscu

• 4 weeks later...

I main Garuda and while my build has no room for this augment it is interesting to note that Motus Setup is activated by both Dread Mirror and Bloodletting. Obviously this a janky solution when you can mod your shotguns differently and the weapons where Motus Setup is optimal is kinda niche. That being said it creates a fun play style with short ranged shotguns.

I would love it if Bloodforge buffed Multishot for a couple of shots rather than give more ammo. I like the idea of Garuda making blood bullets to augment her weapons. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)SirMilkfiend said:

Blood Forge is not a bad augment. Combined with Rejuvenation you can cast your 3 anytime instead of reloading. You can dump any reload mods and go more damage and it works on archguns too.

It's not terrible.  There are weird builds that it can work with.  I think Garuda's other augment, Dread Ward, is in far greater need of reexamination than Blood Forge.  Blood Forge isn't perfect, but it's a lot more viable than Dread Ward.

55 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It's not terrible.  There are weird builds that it can work with.  I think Garuda's other augment, Dread Ward, is in far greater need of reexamination than Blood Forge.  Blood Forge isn't perfect, but it's a lot more viable than Dread Ward.

Neither is worth a slot.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Neither is worth a slot.

On your typical glass cannon Garuda build?  No.  They're not.

But I could see building a tanky Garuda with the right Arcanes and weapons to make Blood Forge viable.  I don't see how you'd do that for Dread Ward though.  This game is about overkill, so that narrow window to proc the invulnerability off of her 1 just seems unlikely.  Maybe when Hard Mode comes out I'll see a use for it.

23 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

On your typical glass cannon Garuda build?  No.  They're not.

But I could see building a tanky Garuda with the right Arcanes and weapons to make Blood Forge viable.  I don't see how you'd do that for Dread Ward though.  This game is about overkill, so that narrow window to proc the invulnerability off of her 1 just seems unlikely.  Maybe when Hard Mode comes out I'll see a use for it.

Garuda is a frame that is played mostly in melee. After all, her first two skills are leaps. What is the point of auto reload, when you are mostly fighting in melee? Also, what is the point of auto reload, at all? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Garuda is a frame that is played mostly in melee. After all, her first two skills are leaps. What is the point of auto reload, when you are mostly fighting in melee? Also, what is the point of auto reload, at all? 

Because she's not a frame built specifically for melee? I get what you're saying about her 2 leaps, but just because you have a way of getting close to an enemy doesn't mean you're instantly a melee frame. Nothing she has specifically benefits melee and arguably makes her better suited for guns. Personally I've almost never used melee with her and when I get my shield I back flip away to create distance and start blasting fools down.

She's capable of using almost anything if you put your mind to it.

Edited by Annnoth

2 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I prefer playing her in melee as well, with breaks for charging up her 4 and nuking with 1.  I'm not arguing that Blood Forge is good.  I just think there are feasibly some uses for it.  I don't use it.  It doesn't mesh with how I play Garuda.  But I think it's a better augment than her 1 got.

I'm hopeful for strong augments for her 2 and 4, though to be honest I won't be that sad if they're terrible too.  Garuda is already spread thin with most builds, even when you sacrifice health.  I would have a hard time fitting in an augment on her.

5 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I prefer playing her in melee as well, with breaks for charging up her 4 and nuking with 1.  I'm not arguing that Blood Forge is good.  I just think there are feasibly some uses for it.  I don't use it.  It doesn't mesh with how I play Garuda.  But I think it's a better augment than her 1 got.

I'm hopeful for strong augments for her 2 and 4, though to be honest I won't be that sad if they're terrible too.  Garuda is already spread thin with most builds, even when you sacrifice health.  I would have a hard time fitting in an augment on her.

the augment makes garuda an amazing Well (blood well) turret. bonus damage till you are fully healed then near instant reload rinse repeat. i agree her 1 augment is dreadful. 

Edit: wouldnt mind seeing her 2 get something like a blood bolts. can only have 1 well, and recasting on a new enemy causes the old well to explode and shoot out blood bolts (does slash procs).

Edited by EinheriarJudith